Celestial Exotic Armor

Celestial Exotic Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Twiista.1689

Twiista.1689

I made a build today using celestial armor and trinkets, and decided to go ahead and attain the pieces so i could test it.

Searched the TP only to find that there were no celestial armor. Did some research and realized I had to craft it.

Finally get to 400 crafting and realize that I cannot even craft it in one day. I have to wait a couple of days to craft each individual piece.

This would be just fine with me, if other stat pieces behaved this way. Celestial stats are the only EXOTIC gear that have this time-gated methodology.

What’s the reason for this? Is celestial somehow considered to be the best of the best exotic gear? I don’t really think so.

Is it possible this method could be changed to resemble how all the other stat combos are obtained (through discovering and then finally crafting).

If a dev could answer this, that would be swell…

Thx

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I think the developers want to believe it is, and don’t realize that it isn’t.

Celestial is only good for classes like the Elementalist where the generous stat distribution works well with low base stats. in other words, it allows a class that has poor stats balanced around their skills to strong stats and strong skills.

But I don’t see the developers removing the time gate any time soon. People have asked them to repeatedly, and I don’t even remember seeing a reply.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Twiista, I hope I’m not going to crush you when I say you will need to buy the recipes to craft the Celestial armor as well. There is no discovery for it afaik. All the time gated nonsense kittens me off to no end.

I just recently began to experiment with Celestial armor, and I made a full set all at once, but only after having a big stock of fused crystals sitting in the bank. Good luck, and try not to be too discouraged.

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The Celestial gear was introduced with the Zephyr Sanctum Update. It was the first time gated stuff and I think it served as a litmus test to see how the community would react to time gated armor/weapons before they rolled out the Ascended stuff.

I really wish they would get rid of the time sink factor of it as there is simply no need to have it in place.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

hopefully they bring back a way to get the recipes, i dont wanna spend 120+ gold on just getting the 6 recipes

honestly dont mind the time gating, considering how common quarts was during the release, and if zephyr is a yearly thing like i heard (dont take my word on it) then would make sence for it to be time gated continueally.

edit, the price is now 70g+ for the reciipes

(edited by crosknight.3041)

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

If I might add,
OP if you were getting celestial for the damage I must inform you that celestial is getting a significant damage nerf in next update coming April 15th.
You might want o cut your losses and opt for another set of gear that’s easier to obtain…

Devona’s Rest

Celestial Exotic Armor

crosknight.3041

If I might add,
OP if you were getting celestial for the damage I must inform you that celestial is getting a significant damage nerf in next update coming April 15th.
You might want o cut your losses and opt for another set of gear that’s easier to obtain…

celestial is getting a 6% buff, not getting nerfed. and only part that would be even effected by the nerf is the crit damage which is being changed to ferocity, that is effected by the 6% buff. it should be at or better then where it is now… dfently better off then everything else with crit damage

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I think blakdoxa was thinking of Berserker’s, which I believe is getting a bit of a nerf.

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I made a full celestial exotic set, then made a full ascended set (thankfully you can buy the trinkets with laurels). I started this back in October and only completed the set last month. It is a very long task, especially for casual play. Still though, I don’t regret it. It’s the only armour I need and it opens many play styles. In my opinion, it’s time gated for that very reason. Once you have it, there’s no need for anything else and you can eliminate weapons and armour crafting from the game. Without that grind, the only thing keeping you in the game is new content, which itself takes time to develop. This is more or less a means to keep people occupied while new content is being worked on. And some people dig that sort of stuff.

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t mind that they’re time gated so much, because Quartz is used almost exclusively for crafting Celestial gear.

What I do mind is that the patterns for this gear (and zealot’s and keeper’s as well) is no longer attainable as a drop in game. It’d be really nice if there were some way to get this gear without having to pay the markups on the TP.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Says right there at the bottom.

6% increase in power/precision/conditdmg along with the normalization of critdmg in no way compares to the change berserker’s gear. Berserker’s gear is only bumped down a notch and still will be very useful after the update. As for celestial gear, it only gains very small increases while being weaker damage-wise, than pre-nerf celestial and having only a marginal increase in defense.

People who picked up celestial really got short changed here…. Especially since it’s time-gated…

Devona’s Rest

Celestial Exotic Armor

crosknight.3041

i REALLY dont think 1 stat will matter enough to make it as bad as your saying, plus its 6% buff to all stats including feocity
will it have slightly worst crit damage ability: maybe
will it be as good: maybe
celestial is about versitility, not falling into the DPS meta

“6% increase in power/precision/conditdmg along with the normalization of critdmg in no way compares to the change berserker’s gear.

why should it? who knows the 6% buff to celestial power might push the damage up enough to cover if it does fall behind on crit damage, the precision will let you crit more again making up for the crit damge
and condition damage…. well honestly that tends to suck in pve already >3> but thats besides the point

if celestial is losing anything its going to gain it back in more then 1 way

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

If I might add,

celestial is getting a 6% buff, not getting nerfed. and only part that would be even effected by the nerf is the crit damage which is being changed to ferocity, that is effected by the 6% buff. it should be at or better then where it is now… dfently better off then everything else with crit damage

That “6%” buff amounts to a boost of a full set of roughly +20 points. Yes you’ll have more stats, but stats that are still subpar compared to tri-stat sets everyone else uses.

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

I had the same thought as you. I actually bought all the exotic recipes, then realized the time investment would be better spent going towards the ascended versions. I feel like I wasted 100g.

I guess the devs hate celestial just as much as they hate the class that gets the best use out of it. :’(

Celestial Exotic Armor

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

If you wanna make celestial exotic, might as well go all the way to ascended since you’ll be looking at a month anyways.

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.