Celestial Stats

Celestial Stats

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I have a simple question. When will the devs make Celestial stats as accessible in the PvE/WvW world as they are in PvP?

Also please lets stay on topic. I don’t want to know why you think Celestial sucks or is OP or whatever. If anything please show your support. Devs have to choose a few things out of hundreds of ideas to go into each content update. What makes the cut often comes down to popular support.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

well you can craft celestial stated items in pve, so I’m not sure what the issue is

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

To be honest I also don’t understand why anet implemented time-gating to a subpar stat combo to begin with.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

They seem accessible enough to me; crafting, or the ascended armor chests all have Wupwup as an option. Probably easier to get than other sets if you do level 50 fractals.

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com

Celestial Stats

Lorelei.3918

“If you do level 50 fractals”

Wow. Yeah no prob. I can go eat some cake too while I’m at it right?

I can take a bit of gold and buy a set of any other stat type on the TP. But not Celestial. Celestial requires you to have to craft it, which if you don’t already have that discipline lvled makes it significantly more expensive then any other armor set around. Not to mention the time gating…

Other armor stats can also be purchased via wvw tokens and karma. They drop in the form of random world drops also.

It doesn’t make sense. It’s clearly something the devs have just forgotten about.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Celestial was added later in that game, thats why you cant buy it with tokes/karma, save up some gold and just buy/craft it if you want, not sure why you would want it in pve though, just run zerkers

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

It takes literally 30 days to craft exotic celestial armor since you can only create a charged Quartz Crystal once a day per account and you need 30 for 6 pieces of armor.

All they need to do is not not time-gate charged quartz crystals or make some other alternative that doesn’t take 30 days. Just yesterday I thought I would like to make some exotic celestial armor after I’ve just crafted some for another character and I’ll need to wait 27 days for 27 more charged quartz crystals. >.<

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

To be honest, I don’t see a situation in PvE where celestial is actually useful, as opposed to PvP and WvW…

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The time gating on Quartz can be dropped now. The exclusitivity of celestial stat has expired long ago.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

To be honest, I don’t see a situation in PvE where celestial is actually useful, as opposed to PvP and WvW…

In dungeons, they at least keep me alive longer compared to zerkers where I do great damage but at the cost of me going glassy.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I have a simple question. When will the devs make Celestial stats as accessible in the PvE/WvW world as they are in PvP?

As in PvP? You mean just select it? Never.

I hope that helps.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

“If you do level 50 fractals”

Wow. Yeah no prob. I can go eat some cake too while I’m at it right?

I can take a bit of gold and buy a set of any other stat type on the TP. But not Celestial. Celestial requires you to have to craft it, which if you don’t already have that discipline lvled makes it significantly more expensive then any other armor set around. Not to mention the time gating…

Other armor stats can also be purchased via wvw tokens and karma. They drop in the form of random world drops also.

It doesn’t make sense. It’s clearly something the devs have just forgotten about.

Celestial isnt the only stat combo that is only obtainable via crafting.

If the timegating bothers you that much, there are ways to obtain more than one charged quartz per day, for example opening trick or treat bags and sell everything except the quartz youre getting.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Celestial Stats

Wanze.8410

The time gating on Quartz can be dropped now. The exclusitivity of celestial stat has expired long ago.

By now, celestial gear arent the only items being timegated by charged quartz, so scratching the timegate wont only affect celestial gear.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Celestial is fully available in PvE and WvW as Celestial armor and Wup-Wup armor, it’s availablr weapons and trinkets as well. (and ascneded trinkets being solaria, lunaria, mursaat token and sysygy , forgot the last one, and the other 2 amulets..)

With it’s own skin color for Wup-Wup.

It’s crafted based upon charged quartz crystals. Recipe’s should be available, Ascended recipe’s are available from all Master Crafters.

And no I do not need the celestial sets with ultra easy acces in WvW, I hope to see some unlocked in dungeons in HoT (maybe, with zealots and some new other stats but I’ll see in the future.)

It’s crafted EASILY, it requires about 125 quartz crystals / trinket/ insignia / inscription costing 1 gold 25 from TP and 5 days to fuse and make 5 Charged Quartz Crystals (account bound)

Recipe’s are easily available:
recipe for jewel is less then 2 silver
recipe’s for exotic insignia and inscriptions are ~8 silver
recipe for exotic armor, weapons and trinkets range from 5 silver to 30 silver.
BOX recipe’s for armor are also available.

Unlocking all exotic celestial recipe’s will set you back about 5 gold.
Oh and of course crafting level 400 on -ALL- the neccesary professions

If people would have fused some crystals over the period they would have been available they would have had 100’s by now… since it was release during the Bazaar of the Four Winds being an older release launched on July 9, 2013 so in the past 21 months you could have made ~600 give or take a few….

I really wonder why everything has to be done instantly.
I have the wup wup weapons crafted (staff for ele), a scepter, a torch for mesmer (only for the skin) A full armor set, and I just did it 1 piece at a time. You’ll be making an ascended item each 5 days, which is interestingly enough time to also aquire your T7 mats for the better part. I earn about 50 gold every 5 days or so (just some dungeons) and it fits quite well TBH.

It used to be so powerfull pre nerf. It is nice but considerbly less powerfull now.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Well to be fair, I see absolutely no reason for them not being tradable on the TP.

Or non-salvageble.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet decided for reasons lost in the Mists that some prefixes would be account-bound; Celestial was just the first. To the best of my knowledge, they have never explained why this is good for the game or the community.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Celestial Stats

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

Celestial is fully available in PvE and WvW as Celestial armor and Wup-Wup armor, it’s availablr weapons and trinkets as well. (and ascneded trinkets being solaria, lunaria, mursaat token and sysygy , forgot the last one, and the other 2 amulets..)

It’s crafted based upon charged quartz crystals. Recipe’s should be available, Ascended recipe’s are available from all Master Crafters.

And no I do not need the celestial sets with ultra easy acces in WvW, I hope to see some unlocked in dungeons in HoT (maybe, with zealots and some new other stats but I’ll see in the future.)

It’s crafted EASILY, it requires about 125 quartz crystals / trinket/ insignia / inscription costing 1 gold 25 from TP and 5 days to fuse and make 5 Charged Quartz Crystals (account bound)

If people would have fused some crystals over the period they would have been available they would have had 100’s by now… since it was release during the Bazaar of the Four Winds being an older release launched on July 9, 2013 so in the past 21 months you could have made ~600 give or take a few….

I have the wup wup weapons crafted (staff for ele), a scepter, a torch for mesmer (only for the skin) A full armor set, and I just did it 1 piece at a time. You’ll be making an ascended item each 5 days, which is interestingly enough time to also aquire your T7 mats for the better part. I earn about 50 gold every 5 days or so (just some dungeons) and it fits quite well TBH.

It used to be so powerfull pre nerf. It is nice but considerably less powerful now.

Because maybe i am not able to play everyday or devote so much time anymore to the game. The last thing i want do is drop a ton of gold, and waste a bunch of time for ASCENDED armor that i don’t even want. I’d be fine with exotic celestial and stuff. A couple of my builds use celestial, and Now I’d be forced to use another build, use a build i’m not into, or just not be able to enjoy wvw

gw2 is supposed to be casual

Celestial Stats

Wanze.8410

It used to be so powerfull pre nerf. It is nice but considerably less powerful now.

Because maybe i am not able to play everyday or devote so much time anymore to the game. The last thing i want do is drop a ton of gold, and waste a bunch of time for ASCENDED armor that i don’t even want. I’d be fine with exotic celestial and stuff. A couple of my builds use celestial, and Now I’d be forced to use another build, use a build i’m not into, or just not be able to enjoy wvw

celestial gear is great for casuals because you can acquire it at the same pace as hardcore players. The daily charging of the crystals doesnt take more than a minute and can be done on the most casual schedule.

Celestial Stats

edgarallanpwn.8739

celestial gear is great for casuals because you can acquire it at the same pace as hardcore players. The daily charging of the crystals doesnt take more than a minute and can be done on the most casual schedule.

No you don’t get it. Let me re-explain.

I DON’T WANT ascended celestial. I’m NOT interested in the 5% increase you get from being ascended. I’m NOT interested in the account bound ascended gets.

What i AM interested in is its stat selection, being rounded stas, with the title “celestial”
Currently i can go buy a full set of zerker gear for ~40g or probably even cheaper. Exotic or lower. Something achievable even for casual players, but used by “hardcore”

You say celestial is GREAT for casual players, yet to get that SPECIFIC stat set, it’s gated 20x worse than anything that’s currently available for other stat sets.

Anet could introduce a crafted exotic set, that’s not soulbound for trade on tp, using the same skins and models as another set since other items use the same visual models.

The fact that this is NOT available, is the problem. The only available celestial items, are END GAME items. Everything else is available at almost any level, and tier.

Maybe they included it in the expansion, idk, but the problem still exists.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

No one really knows why they are time gated. But celestial gear came out some time before ascended armor and weapons. I imagine they were testing the effect of time gating on materials.

Now it’s just the way it is.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Celestial Stats

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

I DON’T WANT ascended celestial. I’m NOT interested in the 5% increase you get from being ascended. I’m NOT interested in the account bound ascended gets.

What i AM interested in is its stat selection, being rounded stas, with the title “celestial”
Currently i can go buy a full set of zerker gear for ~40g or probably even cheaper. Exotic or lower. Something achievable even for casual players, but used by “hardcore”

You say celestial is GREAT for casual players, yet to get that SPECIFIC stat set, it’s gated 20x worse than anything that’s currently available for other stat sets.

Anet could introduce a crafted exotic set, that’s not soulbound for trade on tp, using the same skins and models as another set since other items use the same visual models.

The fact that this is NOT available, is the problem. The only available celestial items, are END GAME items. Everything else is available at almost any level, and tier.

You won’t get any compassion by yelling in your posts, just saying.

We get it, you don’t want to spend money on ascended armour. That’s fine. For 4-5 gold, you can buy all the recipes you need for exotic armour and trinkets.

Then, it’s just a matter of charging a cristal every day for a month. It takes you one minute per day. That’s it. All you have to do next is to be patient.

The celestial stuff is account bound because Anet wanted :

• to have casuals getting the stuff at the same speed than super rich players
  • to prevent you from using your credit card to buy the gear and instead be involved in living story season 1.

I do not approve this way of thinking but that’s the way it is now and all the tears you can cry won’t change that.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

(edited by VodCom.6924)

Celestial Stats

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well even for exotic celestial insignia/inscription you will need the same charged quartz crystals… The SAME as for the ascneded as you need to make the same exotic insignia/inscription to make an ascneded inscription as the EXOTIC insignia/inscription is a prereq for ascended. Same as making zojja stats you will need and exotic berserker.

If you do NOT want ascended good for you, it saves a LOT of cash. but still you will have to make the same 5 charged quartz crystals, for each inscription/insignia or trinket

Even making those is a breeze, if you have the home instance skill point you can travel there if you want to, or you can do it in Drytop, while farming the crystals. (I’d buy ‘m in the TP as for 1 silver a piece I’m not going to worry much….

I’d make a Norn alt load it up with 4 stacks maybe even 8 stacks of quartz crystals run to the place where you slain the worn in your lvl 1 mission and park it there, log in every day for 30 secs craft a Charged Quartz and click deposit materials.

Problem solved, it should take you 15 minutes over the time of 1 month to get your 30 mats for an armor. you could be doinge it for another 2 months, for ascneded trinkets and weapons.

So don’t be so fanatical about getting this yesterday. If you’re casual do this casual as well. Just be happy you didn’t make it when I did, before the ferocity patch… As you would be mad cause they nerfed your armor to ribbons. The one you needed t make timegated mats for….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

Celestial Stats

Lorelei.3918

I don’t want to play this game for the hours and hours it would take to be able to level my tailor to 500, and craft a full set of ascended celestial.

Anet could drop the stupid time gate so it wouldn’t matter.

I don’t want exotic celestial stats a month from now. I want them NOW just like how I could purchase any other stat combo now. I have the gold for it. I don’t have to level a tailor to 400 and wait a month to get in any other stat set. At the very least they should be TP tradeable.

It’s stupid kitten like this that made me leave this game nearly a year ago. Now like a year later NOTHING has changed. I’m very disappointed.

And I really really don’t get all the apologists in this thread. “Durrr its there you just need to work 10x harder to get it so stop all your complaining durrr.”

Celestial Stats

edgarallanpwn.8739

I don’t want to play this game for the hours and hours it would take to be able to level my tailor to 500, and craft a full set of ascended celestial.

I don’t want exotic celestial stats a month from now. I want them NOW just like how I could purchase any other stat combo now. I have the gold for it. I don’t have to level a tailor to 400 and wait a month to get in any other stat set. At the very least they should be TP tradeable.

It’s stupid kitten like this that made me leave this game nearly a year ago. Now like a year later NOTHING has changed. I’m very disappointed.

And I really really don’t get all the apologists in this thread. “Durrr its there you just need to work 10x harder to get it so stop all your complaining durrr.”

I just stopped replying to them because they think they’re so smart.

Any other stat armor can be bought outright. Celestial can’t. It baffles me why this is hard for people to understand. I’m all for equal grounds but it seems like its fanboys who refuse to see something could be wrong.

Celestial Stats

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

To be honest I also don’t understand why anet implemented time-gating to a subpar stat combo to begin with.

ok i have to ask if this is so..

till recently I was in a guild where the Guild leader was forever crying about people (like me) being in zerker gear rather than Celestial

is the list of stats better than the other options for PvE DPS or Healer gear for healer types??

Celestial Stats

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

Any other stat armor can be bought outright. Celestial can’t.

You can’t buy Sinister, Nomad’s, Sentinel’s and Zealot’s either. All craftable sets introduced after the launch are treated the same way.

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Celestial Stats

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

no there is 2 reasons to use celestial

1 it has more stat points then any other armor
2 they are spread over everything so you can be versatile in all fields, especially usefull in versatile classes making use of all stats (ele, guardian…)

In most if not all cases other specific armor would be better as you can max out stats, you can tailor sets to your sepcific needs, and if you use less then 6 stats in your build standard 3 stat armor will be preferable over celestial

(if you look at exotic celestial compared to zerker you’ll notice:
celestial provides 329 points and zerk provides 245 points showing celestail has a pre in the fields of total amount BUT
if you use only power precision ferocity toughness and vitality, with no focus on conditions or healing skills (so no related traits_) 94 points of celestial have no actual value leaving you with 235 points you actually use..

Of those 235 47 are for power , 47 for precision and 47 for ferocity compared to 101 power 72 precision and 72 ferocity for zerker… leaving you with half the amount of power and 70% of the 2 other stats…this could be worked out as well for things like clerics. where a definate choice was made as well, or any other 3 stat armor.

In classes based on full dps builds celestial is usually non viable, BUT celestial elementalist can be very versatile, same for revenant, engineer and guardian…..

It’s still a shame ferocity removed a large chunk of the original viability of clestial armor, which used to be flat critical dmg…..

Celestial Stats

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

no there is 2 reasons to use celestial

1 it has more stat points then any other armor
2 they are spread over everything so you can be versatile in all fields, especially usefull in versatile classes making use of all stats (ele, guardian…)

In most if not all cases other specific armor would be better as you can max out stats, you can tailor sets to your sepcific needs, and if you use less then 6 stats in your build standard 3 stat armor will be preferable over celestial

(if you look at exotic celestial compared to zerker you’ll notice:
celestial provides 329 points and zerk provides 245 points showing celestail has a pre in the fields of total amount BUT
if you use only power precision ferocity toughness and vitality, with no focus on conditions or healing skills (so no related traits_) 94 points of celestial have no actual value leaving you with 235 points you actually use..

Of those 235 47 are for power , 47 for precision and 47 for ferocity compared to 101 power 72 precision and 72 ferocity for zerker… leaving you with half the amount of power and 70% of the 2 other stats…this could be worked out as well for things like clerics. where a definate choice was made as well, or any other 3 stat armor.

In classes based on full dps builds celestial is usually non viable, BUT celestial elementalist can be very versatile, same for revenant, engineer and guardian…..

It’s still a shame ferocity removed a large chunk of the original viability of clestial armor, which used to be flat critical dmg…..

TYVM

So in effect I should be using celestial gear probably on my ele to achieve the most out of that character since i am using a lot of differing options as I switch elements

/cry

can someone give me a full set .. LoL

Celestial Stats

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

To answer the “reason” for time-gating Celestial, it was to prevent players from quickly getting celestial gear when it was released. Of course, it doesn’t answer why it’s still time-gated, just giving the reason when it was released.

Celestial Stats

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I just stopped replying to them because they think they’re so smart.

Any other stat armor can be bought outright. Celestial can’t. It baffles me why this is hard for people to understand. I’m all for equal grounds but it seems like its fanboys who refuse to see something could be wrong.

I think I do not mind the wait. I played over 900+ days, since head start. I own a celestial armor(exotic) celestial weapons (ascneded and exotic) and trinkets (ascended) as the ascended trinkets are NOT timegated saving me quite some time.

I doubt I’d advise anyone to make an ascneded celestail armor, but I can see the niche uses of such exotic armor…. either with divinity runes, or travelers, and dragons revelry starcakes, with or without zerk and or celestial weapons….

Celestial Stats

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Celestial also used to be a event only armor stat combo…. then they added quartz to Dry Top…..

Now there’s no real reason to time-gate it or anything anymore. Anet will probably add it as a reward to some dungeon or something in the new expansion.

Also OP you can select Celestial as the stat reward for certain event item exotics you recieved as rewards such as the Mad Gloves which I’m saving a cele set for a my Revanant

Retired Leader of TTS