Celestial gear

Celestial gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Can we please remove the timegate now? It doesn’t make much sense to have it locked as it is. A month to craft a set of exotic armour? A bit much.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Celestial gear

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

We would be out of quartz on the tp within a week, as charged quartz is used in other recipes by now, which can be sold for a profit (grow lamps, sheets of charged ambrite).

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Celestial gear

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

It is the time gating that currently makes the recipes profitable (paying a premium not to wait).

Their price would fall as the gate was removed and more supply came on.

The price of quartz would rise at the same time and, if demand was sustained, gathering quartz would become profitable time wise.

The limiting factor would change from the gate to the supply of quartz and probably ultimately end product demand.

(edited by Rez.8016)

Celestial gear

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Celestial gear is bad, and making profit from charged quartz is a pipedream. People are NOT going to suddenly make a rush at quartz, and some market is NOT going to crash if Celestial is not timegated.

There is no reason to keep the timegate.

Celestial gear

Posted by: Brostrodon.1657

Brostrodon.1657

I am confused by what you mean. can someone please explain this time gate thing to me as I am curious? Thank you in advance

Celestial gear

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Time gated – Requires a daily combine material (charged quartz to make) it would literally take 30ish days to make a full set if you don’t have any luck mineing the nodes.

Celestial gear

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yeah it’s just useless to have it time gated since we can’t sell it anyway.

Celestial gear

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I am confused by what you mean. can someone please explain this time gate thing to me as I am curious? Thank you in advance

You can make 1 charged quartz per day, requiring 25 quartz crystals, that you charge at a completed hero challenge (old skill challenge).

Those charged quartz are account bound, so you cant trade them.
You need 5 charged quartz to make a celestial inscription/insignia or celestial trinkets.
You need 1 charged quartz to make a sheet of charged ambrite, which is used in crafting the sinister gear, a couple of runes/sigils and the bountiful and furious nourishments.

The sheets of charged ambrite are tradeable (though anything crafted with it is not), just like the grow lamp for mawdrey, which requires 10 charged quartz.

Last time i checked, you could make 1g profit off your charged quartz, if you make grow lamps and about 20s, if you craft charged sheets of ambrite.

As already stated, if the timegate of quartz would get lifted, those profit margins would initially disapper, but in the same time, the quartz supply on the tp would diminish quite fast.
At the moment, nearly 75% of the quartz supply are listed between 2.6s and 3s.

People with alot of gold that like to make some profits on the tp, like myself, would just buy up most of the supply of quartz and charge it, as it will take only 4% of the storage space, compared to storing quartz crystals.
Then i would just wait until the market for sheets of charged ambrite would normalize and the player base consumed the initial supply dump. By then, regular quartz will have risen in price significantly as new supply is limited.

There are only 4 quartz nodes currently in game, 1 in your home instance, if you have it, and 3 in dry top.

And those nodes can only be farmed once per day per account.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.