Celestial gear after the patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nisheri.1072

Nisheri.1072

I’ve heard everywhere that celestial is close to useless now. Do you guys think that adding boon duration would make it useable again? Any other suggestions to make it better?

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

boon duration will make it useful.
even condition duration will make it useful…

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Players asked for boon duration when MF was removed from the celestial armor. Didn’t happen then, and it wont happen now.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Nisheri.1072

Nisheri.1072

Yeah i know it was asked but now that boon duration stacking with runes have been nerfed maybe they consider. I also like condition duration, maybe we could have both. I main elementalist (never had celestial armor), but i always like boon duration runes (for longer might/fury stacks), and as i know celestial was mainly used by elementalist maybe it makes it good again for us, and maybe others for support roles.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

People that tell you celestial is useless QQ too much. I’ve been running full celestial ele since long before the patch and if anything it’s better now. Sure I lost a lot of crit damage, but honestly I barely notice it. My effective damage and my survivability have gone up. I assure you that for the right class (ele/guard) celestial is still a wonderful choice.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

My effective damage and my survivability have gone up.

how so?

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Theory: the ppl complaining about how their celestial gear got ruined aren’t telling the whole story. I think these ppl were using the gear in pve squads with precision boosted from squad mates turning their game leading crit damage stat into a killing force. Or in pvp they were using guaranteed critical skills.

I say this because the whining is just too much to be explained otherwise. For anyone relying only on the crit rate from the gear itself the changes are neutral or positive.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Celestial gear has never been about maxing dps. For that, there’s Zerk. Celestial is about having all around stats for survivability and hybrid builds. Eles and Engis benefit from Celestial quite a bit, because there are a lot of incidental conditions on many attacks, plus a lot of aoe healing. So yes, the Ferocity change has nerfed the crit damage %. But it’s boosted everything else. More vitality, more toughness, more power, more precision, more condition damage.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

My effective damage and my survivability have gone up.

how so?

6.5% boost on all stats. So more power, more condi damage, more precision, more vit, more healing, more toughness. The only one of my stats that took a hit with the patch was crit damage; everything else went up.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Anet literally destroyed my character:
Full divinity runes: epic nerf
Almost full celestial gear: epic nerf
Elementalist: Nerfed boon duration
Crit nerf: affected the best trait line and only good offensive line for the elementalist

I don’t feel like playing much anymore: My character was PERFECT and now it’s KITTEN.

spend 60g trying to regear (with 1 out of my 3 gems armor that they accepted to refund) it but there is just no point, what I loved about this game is BROKEN.

Well there is one good news, ESO fixed my RvR crashes…

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Why does boon duration nerf affect you if you were using full divinity runes?

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

people just have to complain.
if your washing machine broke at home, its Anet fault.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Funniest thing is when people complain about a nerf that run maybe more time in zones / dungeons where they are downlevelt and don’t notice that their crit-rate there now is even better than before the nerf.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.