Celestial questions

Celestial questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Ok so in fractals I’ve gotton the ascended band “Solaria, Circle of the Sun” twice, with celestial stats, so my question is, is celestial good? What is it normally used for? Would be good to put on an engineer?

Celestial questions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not bad on an engie, mostly used by eles afaik. I use it on a guardian but very few people do.

Celestial questions

MattressDrayke.9318

what are celestials mostly used for? ( dungeons, wvw, etc.)

Celestial questions

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

If you decide not to use it on 1 of your toons, hold on to it anyway there may a use for it later.

Celestial questions

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Celestial is a statset best used for classes that can take advantage of all increases. Engie and Ele work well, since they have good base damage, with good added condition damage. On top of that, they both have multiple ways to apply regen, which is a healing boon that actually scales decently with healing power. Most heals don’t.

It can also be applied to guards, but a mix is generally prefered. I run ’Zerker with Cele weapons/trinkets for more burning damage, survivability and more meditation heals when roaming.

Cele would be good on WvW engie/ele roamers.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Celestial questions

MattressDrayke.9318

Could celestial engine be used in dungeons or no?

Celestial questions

Posted by: Jade Nekotenshi.8702

Jade Nekotenshi.8702

Definitely, though it wouldn’t be the best choice for trying to set speedrun records or anything.

Kati Kainulainen – Norn warrior | Irina Kuznetsova – Human elementalist
Baghaar Ironfang – Charr guardian | Maja Sigurdsdottir – Norn ranger
Tarnished Coast

Celestial questions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not a min/maxer, but I would not think just one trinket using Celestial would be that horrible. Especially, if you are replacing something with less stats. I have one or two Celestial trinkets on my main, with mostly Berserker armor and such.

A Berserker (I think) Ring just dropped for me, so I might move some trinkets around to other alts…..lol, if I remember.

Of course, I’m no expert, but my character seems to have to problem surviving or taking on foes.

Good luck, whatever you decide. =)

Celestial questions

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Could celestial engine be used in dungeons or no?

Any class with any stat can be used in dungeons.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Celestial questions

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

If you don’t choose berserker/assassin then knight’s/celestial are your next best choice for pure damage.

Celestial questions

MattressDrayke.9318

Could someone recommend a celestial build?

Celestial questions

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I use them on my warrior in PvE because I’m a remarkably lazy human being who hates changing out accessories when I’m switching builds.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Celestial questions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Very popular on ele and engie. I use it on my Ranger in WvW and fotm. Mostly because I kept getting Celestial drops so I figured I’d keep it consistent. Do not regret it, I love my ranger in celestial!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Celestial questions

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

I kinda like celestial on my Elementalist. Most players say they go for berserker (zerk) but I like the balance of the additional toughness, vitality and condition damage and some better self-healing. It doesn’t do as much damage but gives a noticeable boost in survivability and gives the largest amount of attribute points.

I mostly play scepter/dagger by the way.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Celestial questions

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Could someone recommend a celestial build?

Yes, for any class or just Engi? I run Guard with Celeistial. (tho 4 items occam’s)

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Meditation_Celestial

Works fine atm (as long they dont nerf burning), pve, dungeons, wvw and pvp (well, ok in pvp there are better builds).

“Death is just another path”

(edited by EKAN.4051)

Celestial questions

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I have a celestial (staff) ele in a load of ascended gear that I used to main. Like what has already been mentioned, it’s not the best in terms of the meta, but is perfectly usable and I have found that the damage output overall isn’t too far from what it would be in zerk gear- in casual runs it is absolutely no problem. Of course, you’ll get fewer crits and less crit damage though.

I find that celestial is a really good option for players who are new to dungeons/fractals or that struggle maintaining themselves on a zerk set up. Most parties would much prefer an alive celestial player (albeit with slightly lower damage), than an often dead zerker. An ele can always add a load of utility to the party in terms of might/blasts and conjured weapons, no matter what stats they’re using.

When I played ele with staff, the toughness is really handy and there are plenty of heals/regen opportunities that play off of the increased healing power. I’m sure that other weapon combintations can also make good use of these stats and also utilise the extra condition damage well.

I’m willing to bet that engi has use for celestial for the very same reasons, and seeing celestial guard is certainly more likely now that burning has been buffed and condi guards are now viable.

Finally- feel free to add zerker gear into the mix if you feel like you want to increase your damage a bit more. I’ve found that full zerk gear can be a little too squishy for my liking, so experiment by changing out either weapons, trinkets or armour I can find the balance perfect for myself where I’m staying alive and doing the most damage I can. The same works in the opposite way- if you feel like your dps is on the low side and you have plenty of leeway regarding health, add a bit of zerk to the mix.