Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daifuriku.1952

Daifuriku.1952

Oke, so i wanted to just put it out on here…

I really really like the outfit. I REALLY REALLY DO!

But.. Arena net, why do you have to put everything in an outfit now and can’t release it in a skin version! Now we can’t combine it with other armors for an even cooler look,

Anyway i just wanted to put my thoughts about that here i still really like it!

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Arbalist.5160

Arbalist.5160

I Would have bought it in an armor pack just for the gloves and boots alone…
Probably wont get it now due to the fear of feeling like running around like a Peafowl bird with that massive flare coming out of the chest piece :-(

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: lulala.5906

lulala.5906

And another thing about the outfit is when you put it on, your back item will look tilted to one side, even in preview mode. none other outfits have this problem/bug.

Ithereal-Human Guardian
Strip the Soul-Sylvari Mesmer
Peace Breaker [PB]-Jade Quarry

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Request to make this an armour set please ArenaNet!

Also make more armour sets in this theme, this game is lacking in the ‘royal knight in shining armour’ armour.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It looks ridiculously poofy on my Charr Warrior. XD Sooo, not getting it, but I’m always glad for more cosmetic options for players.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Like I said in another thread. The most likely answer is that the design of the outfit only lends itself to a single piece. Making it multiple pieces would have required it to look drastically different with obvious “breaks” in the armor, thus probably not as nice.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Does anyone know if you can turn off the Shoulder and Helmet for this Outfit?

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Just helmet, which brings up a good question of why do they always have the shoulders stuck on there? Typically only Helmet and sometimes gloves can be removed from outfits but I don’t think any of them allow the shoulders to be removed.

Both this one and the Shadow Assassin outfit could look pretty cool without the shoulders I think.

And just to add, The helmet seems to always be removable. Out of the Outfits I have the hands can be removed on the Pirate, Witches, Wintersday, and Cooks. They can’t be removed on Shadow Assassin, Ancestral, or the new Ceremonial Plated. So basically old ones yes, new ones no.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I was never planning on buying this in the first place simply because I cannot define my individual appearance in the game by looking exactly like everyone else using the same outfit (aside from dye coloration). Outfit-hatred aside, I have to point out that the newest outfit seems a bit ridiculous for asura; the design is personal preference of course, but what is this! Backpieces and weapons hover quite noticeably some distance away from the character model lol.

Attachments:

Golden shackles are still golden.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You can turn off helmets in ALL outfits. That’s probably a requisite so face always shows in personal story cinematics.

Since headgear is always split in most outfits into “outfit” and “hat”, this means that they could tweak things so there’s both “outfit” and “hat” when chosing them, letting people combine them, and even show the armor’s skins along the outfit or just the hat along the armor (eg, get some cross-class headgear like glasses, top hat, or the aviator hat, use it as hat instead armor skin, and quickly switch between them once unlocked). If an outfit without detached head were to be added, then then it’ll simply cover the chosen hat, much like some head armors cover shoulders (e.g.: Whisper’s Secret Cowl).

More like how GW1’s costumes worked.

Some would clip here and there, of course, but most people would not care if they can do things like combining Grenth’s hood and the witch’s outfit, or the mad king’s outfit with the phantom hood, infinitely increasing the possibilities with outfits.

But they probably won’t do that. It makes too much sense and would increase their sales. And the guys in charge of the store seem to be more interested in frustrating players or making people waste gems than making players spend their gems in things they’ll enjoy for sure, which kind of puzzles me, to be honest.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: castor.8019

castor.8019

So A-Net, you were lazy. No armor set, only a costume. It´s easy for you, I understand.
Of course I know that I should only use new gear to humans because most other races look weird because of “stretch and cut”.

BUT I am definetly raging when i see that this costume is clipping like hell if i just drag my weapon and my char looks to the side. That is so poor, you didnt invest one single minute in checking if the costume is ready for sell.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

I was going to buy this and the shadow assassin, until I read the part that they were outfits. I need armor skins ANET! how else am i going to play the barbie doll endgame?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Like I said in another thread. The most likely answer is that the design of the outfit only lends itself to a single piece. Making it multiple pieces would have required it to look drastically different with obvious “breaks” in the armor, thus probably not as nice.

Why release the costume in the first place then? Considering the amount of vitriol this costume has generated anything less than a re-design will be a failure.

It’s a great look. People WANT to buy it, however they also want to combine elements from it with other pieces. We have a wonderful tool called the Wardrobe that supports this very endeavor yet we can’t use it. The costume is useless in its current form.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Why release the costume in the first place then? Considering the amount of vitriol this costume has generated anything less than a re-design will be a failure.

It’s a great look. People WANT to buy it, however they also want to combine elements from it with other pieces. We have a wonderful tool called the Wardrobe that supports this very endeavor yet we can’t use it. The costume is useless in its current form.

Vitriol from who? The handful of threads with people complaining? When anet first announced ascended tier items, now THAT was vitriol, with a thousand plus reply thread. And you know what? They still pushed through with it.

I don’t know Anet data, but I’m pretty certain that the people who like the outfit far outnumbers those who didn’t buy it because it was an outfit.

Clipping though, that’s a valid complaint.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: SimBilly.8047

SimBilly.8047

Wow, good thing I read this thread just now! I was actually going to buy this thing. Now that I know it’s an outfit and not a skin that won’t be happening.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I know i can be quite the pessimist when it comes to this game,but i have to be realistic aswell and say that i find this one of the best designed armours they have created so far…Especially the pauldrons for my heavy norn,theyre still big but theyre not clunky and theyre not floating.The overall design looks really well thought out and i love the detail youve created on it,it looks really regal.

I said in another thread that i wont spend another dime on anet again….Well,who’s the fool now ;p

I do wish it were seperate pieces though,would love to mix match this set up.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I can’t stand this outfit at all. It’s way over the top and looks ridiculous. Far too frilly, persistent problem with the massive pauldrons, suitable for RP’ers and ppl who want to look like a palace guard npc. The assassins’ outfit i would consider buying, but ONLY because they released Belindas’ gs which matches it perfectly.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. Useless in its current form? This is one of the best looking skins that Anet has produced, even taking into account the clipping issues and oversized shoulders. We should be encouraging content of this quality but you guys are too hung up on the fact that it’s an outfit. Why can’t people just accept that outfits and armors are two separate things both of which have their pros and cons? Outfits offer superior convenience at the cost of customization. Armors allow customization but lock you into one look barring the use of trans charges.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I can’t stand this outfit at all. It’s way over the top and looks ridiculous. Far too frilly, persistent problem with the massive pauldrons, suitable for RP’ers and ppl who want to look like a palace guard npc. The assassins’ outfit i would consider buying, but ONLY because they released Belindas’ gs which matches it perfectly.

The shoulders are actually Way more in proportion compared to every other heavy armor out there,phalanx included.i used to always Hide my shoulders because of this,this is actually the first set with proper pauldrons,although still big…theyre not floating,and atleast it fits with the rest of the armour.Also we havnt had a proper armor set in about 2 years,so saying this armor is for rpers and people who want to look like a plastic guard is just an absurd thing to say.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. Useless in its current form? This is one of the best looking skins that Anet has produced, even taking into account the clipping issues and oversized shoulders. We should be encouraging content of this quality but you guys are too hung up on the fact that it’s an outfit. Why can’t people just accept that outfits and armors are two separate things both of which have their pros and cons? Outfits offer superior convenience at the cost of customization. Armors allow customization but lock you into one look barring the use of trans charges.

Not an exaggeration in the slightest. The skin is remarkable, and I’ll happily shovel 800 gems for an armor skin of this quality that can be mixed and matched. However, turning a skin like this into a costume is dumbfounding. Why develop and release a robust Wardrobe system that ENCOURAGES customization then release your best armor skin that cannot be used in it?

Where you care to admit it or not, costumes are limiting in their use, and goes against the very customization ideals Anet has established.

(edited by Vix.6730)

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: SolviteSekai.9816

SolviteSekai.9816

TL:DR This guy likes asian stuff but not European stuff.

Nice post I guess.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

@caedmon- i said PALACE guard^^ and although the shoulders are smaller than some sets, they are still disproportionately large compared to the rest of the outfit. It works as a ceremonial armour because you can see it’s non-functional, but that overdone queen-elizabeth frill behind the neck? Yuck.

Ceremonial Plated Outfit

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

LOVE the Ceremonial outfit! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!
And it look so great with the Bonetti’s Rapier, so much elegant!!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|