Chainsaw skeleton/mini spooky trio questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cow Tipper.2761

Cow Tipper.2761

so if i combine the spooky trio mini’s to make the chainsaw skeleton, will i still have the other 3 mini’s still unlocked or how does that stuff work? or can i not do it because i activated the mini’s to my account? any help would be very appreciated

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Basically, if you want all 4 minis, you need to buy two sets.

One set to toss in the Forge for Chainsaw, and the other set to keep. Cause once you bound them to you and save them to your collection, you can’t withdrawal them to use in the Forge.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You lose the three minis.

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

It’s also worth noting that chainsaw is currently effected by a bug where he keeps his chainsaws sheathed on his back, instead of wielding them and them revving.

Yesterday I asked a guildy who has it to check if it was fixed, because i wanted to get him, but the bug is still there.

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

You have to purchase the pack twice, if you want all 4.
I miss the days when Chainsaw actually wielded his chainsaws instead of keeping them sheathed

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

So…

You all are saying that they won’t unlock like everything else once you toss them into the forge?

Last I knew skins and minis unlocked to your account:

Tossing in the forge
Salvaging
Right Click Unlock

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

So…

You all are saying that they won’t unlock like everything else once you toss them into the forge?

Last I knew skins and minis unlocked to your account:

Tossing in the forge
Salvaging
Right Click Unlock

Minis are different, because you are destroying the mini from your inventory after you unlock it. Thus, you won’t have a mini to put into the forge.

Once you lock a mini to your account, it goes into your account wardrobe (or mini wardrobe). It’s not like a weapon or armor skin where when you unlock it, you still have it in your inventory and it is just soul bound. Minis are removed from your inventory completely and put into your collection.

So yes, they do unlock to your account, but unlike weapons and armor skins, you don’t get to keep it in your inventory to use after you have unlocked it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Ravion Hawk.4736

So yes, they do unlock to your account, but unlike weapons and armor skins, you don’t get to keep it in your inventory to use after you have unlocked it.

I think you missed the part where you can flush it WITHOUT binding it to your account and it will AUTOMATICALLY bind to your account.

I do it with weapon skins that I may not have. I buy 4 different weapons off the TP that I don’t have the skins unlocked and just toss them into the forge. All 4 skins unlock and I get my random non-precursor weapon out.

Never even right-click unlock.

Gimmie a few and I’ll try it with 4 random minis.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think you missed the part where you can flush it WITHOUT binding it to your account and it will AUTOMATICALLY bind to your account.

I do it with weapon skins that I may not have. I buy 4 different weapons off the TP that I don’t have the skins unlocked and just toss them into the forge. All 4 skins unlock and I get my random non-precursor weapon out.

Never even right-click unlock.

Gimmie a few and I’ll try it with 4 random minis.

Minis aren’t skins. It doesn’t work that way for minis.

Ravion Hawk.4736

Just tried it.

The minis don’t auto-bind when flushed down the forge like armor and weapons do.

I hereby stand corrected.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior