Chak Egg Sac

Chak Egg Sac

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

This forum is all about discussions, so please don’t burn me down for just posting this but..

As one of the players who has this item ordered for 2,5month+ on 10k gold I wonder why Anet doesn’t bring another (still hard) way of obtaining the item since it’s just as rare to buy one from order, as getting one dropped. (mind, there are none listed for sale).

Thoughts?

-Sâmbuca

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

They might add them to a HoT-themed gem store chest similar to the LS1 chests sometime in the future

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

That map TD has basically died out now. No one enjoyed it much to begin with but now its rare to see the meta happening. That means the chances of that egg sac appearing are a million to one

Chak Egg Sac

maddoctor.2738

That map TD has basically died out now. No one enjoyed it much to begin with but now its rare to see the meta happening. That means the chances of that egg sac appearing are a million to one

I did the meta 12 times, in the last 12 days. Some days I even missed it at first because all the maps were full and had to wait for the next cycle. TD is likely one of the fuller HoT maps especially during the Gerent meta.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

What? I have to show up 20 minutes early to get a map that isn’t full.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Maybe you should try playing TD, even at off peak hours. You almost always get at least 2 full maps doing the meta.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Having to show up early to catch a single bus is basically a dead map for a game in which other events and maps have multiple maps filling up and even during the events themselves.

Not to mention the overreliance on the looking for group mechanic compared to other maps. Such a low turn over means that other avenues should be added for the gear or that the event should be nerfed as old content is normally is during an expac.

Chak Egg Sac

maddoctor.2738

Having to show up early to catch a single bus is basically a dead map for a game in which other events and maps have multiple maps filling up and even during the events themselves.

I don’t know how you reach the conclusion that because you have to get early, the map is dead, while it’s the opposite. It shows the popularity of the map and the loads of players going there to play, unlike other maps which are mostly empty of players. And the difficulty of the Gerent event is irrelevant because it hardly ever fails anyway.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Weird. I still enjoy it and if I only go for the meta I usually find lots of squads in LFG. And usually their maps are all full. Quite the definition you have for a dead map.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

Died out? It’s usually got 1-2 full maps 30min before meta. TD to AB is very common combo, you just have to look @ LFG groups more closely.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah Tangled Depths is probably my second or third favourite map in the game… People definitely enjoyed it.

On topic, I don’t really care about the chak egg sac (I think something that unique is quite cool). The invisible shoes on the other hand…

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

This item is the carrot to keep the map alive, and it will stay that way. It’s not dead, I’ve managed to oneshot a successful meta every weekend (that I tried) since the last 6 months or so.

Newer players aren’t familiar with the rather convoluted LFG/map IP system. You need to turn up at least 30 minutes early by looking at the timers on the website, then open LFG and find a map IP organising lanes and join it before it fills.

While the actual probability of getting that 1/10k drop are extremely improbable to say the least (you know the old saying “gambling is a tax on the mathematically inept”) it’s still enough to trick the human psyche into participating, for the most part.

(edited by Esquilax.3491)

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Alanar.9854

Alanar.9854

I’ve done plenty of these. A lot of the time they aren’t advertised after a certain time because they’re full.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think it’s good for the game to have a handful of items that are so rare and coveted that the price makes it hard to obtain. It’s awesome for the lucky who don’t need to look fantabulous all the time and it gives the rich something to do with their monies.

If you really want one, you can make an offer at GW2 Exchange. There are a couple of power traders who sell them, as well as trusted middlemen who will guarantee the off-TP trade (for a fee).

An observer of the market expects the price to be ~15k gold, although I think you might be able to get by at 13k.

For example: https://redd.it/6voqqi

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Lydia Solace.1348

Lydia Solace.1348

I am honestly hoping for an alternate method of getting a chak egg sac. If the item can only be obtained out of the in game trading post with grey market forums you know the items drop rate is not working as intended. Most of us would like to obtain a egg sac with out having to buy one off someone using middlemen. I have been farming the meta since release. my friend and I have completed the meta nearly 500 times and only my friend received a tonic drop. Also I have never seen a real ping in my guild for the item or in map chat during this time. The fact the item has to compete with 3 tonics on the roll table makes getting this item unreasonable. I would like to see a mass gold sink along with a ton of chak eggs (these really need more uses and from a lore perspective it makes sense) in the future in order to receive one. As for the whole lotto argument I see going around this item is more of a myth over a lotto and there are plenty of lotto items in gw2 that can net you thousands/hundreds of gold which for vets or new players can make them them very wealthy thus we don’t need an imaginary 10,000 gold drop, at this point the item is just a busted outlier and its depressing for people who just want to earn one already. Bottom line this isn’t a pvp/wvw or raid champion item its an rng item that has a flawed drop rate in desperate need of a rework of some kind.

Finally as for the meta event its is still failing nearly 2 years later at peak hours Nuch can be challenge for people and that’s fine however its pretty sad that when its the only map up in lfg with no mirrors and they are still failing this can be discouraging especially when you need to have 4 commander tags up for your head count/mechanic explanations and unlike other meta where a mistake is made you can adjust, in TD you just fail so that’s also a devastating factor in the problem with why there are too few chak egg sacs to date. As for the map cap and popularity of TD it must be under 100 people it’s no wonder that a map can be full and still fail due to players on the map not participating in the meta.

(edited by Lydia Solace.1348)

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Lmao the guy saying the map is ded getting destroyed.
As for you oppener i believe there are forums or discord servers that transactions like these happen. Ill ask around and vome back to add on if i find anything.

Chak Egg Sac

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am honestly hoping for an alternate method of getting a chak egg sac. If the item can only be obtained out of the in game trading post with grey market forums you know the items drop rate is not working as intended. Most of us would like to obtain a egg sac with out having to buy one off someone using middlemen. I have been farming the meta since release. my friend and I have completed the meta nearly 500 times and only my friend received a tonic drop. Also I have never seen a real ping in my guild for the item or in map chat during this time. The fact the item has to compete with 3 tonics on the roll table makes getting this item unreasonable. I would like to see a mass gold sink along with a ton of chak eggs (these really need more uses and from a lore perspective it makes sense) in the future in order to receive one. As for the whole lotto argument I see going around this item is more of a myth over a lotto and there are plenty of lotto items in gw2 that can net you thousands/hundreds of gold which for vets or new players can make them them very wealthy thus we don’t need an imaginary 10,000 gold drop, at this point the item is just a busted outlier and its depressing for people who just want to earn one already. Bottom line this isn’t a pvp/wvw or raid champion item its an rng item that has a flawed drop rate in desperate need of a rework of some kind.

Finally as for the meta event its is still failing nearly 2 years later at peak hours Nuch can be challenge for people and that’s fine however its pretty sad that when its the only map up in lfg with no mirrors and they are still failing this can be discouraging especially when you need to have 4 commander tags up for your head count/mechanic explanations and unlike other meta where a mistake is made you can adjust, in TD you just fail so that’s also a devastating factor in the problem with why there are too few chak egg sacs to date. As for the map cap and popularity of TD it must be under 100 people it’s no wonder that a map can be full and still fail due to players on the map not participating in the meta.

Your evidence for a failed drop rate isn’t compelling. The demand is high and there’s a limit to the price that can be paid on the TP. Accordingly savvy owners are willing to wait or go outside the game to sell; impatient owners will take the 8500 gold for insta-selling.

Your evidence for a problem with the meta is equally unconvincing. It’s not a very interesting game when something can’t fail, especially if it takes 5-10min of prep + 15 minutes of effort — then it’s just annoying that one has to spend that long on a reward that is automatic. Some people still don’t know the mechanics and not all commanders take the time to explain, including reminding people of optimum skills.

I’m sorry that you are discouraged. I really am. I just can’t agree that the drop rate should change — it’s good, in my opinion, to have a tiny fraction of cosmetics be so rare that most of us will never have them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”