Chalic ofTears UNNACCEPTABLE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

This IS NOT OK to use in the new legendary trinket collection. You CANNOT require people to do something that is intentionally designed to be painful and the hardest thing in the game. It was specifically designed ONLY for the absolute top JP players, and yet now you require it of anyone. That would be acceptable if you allowed teleport to friends to work, or for people to get portaled through. But, you need CHECKPOINTS. Crappy as a crap pile, but ok, it is a legendary collection after all. BUT WAIT! The checkpoints DON’T WORK! I am 100% certain twenty times over that I DID NOT MISS a checkpoint, yet the next one I reach refuses to unlock. then when I die, NONE of them work, even the ones that DID a minute ago! So I have to START OVER YET AGAIN. I tried teleporting to friends several times through the checkpoints, again is REFUSED to acknowledge even though I got them all in order. I tried the same with mes portals, NOPE! I spent several hours today alone trying to simply do it. NOPE! This is in no way an acceptable thing! Take it out and replace it with a boss that isn’t in the collection, like the Karka Queen.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

It was specifically designed ONLY for the absolute top JP players, and yet now you require it of anyone.

Legendary items should have value, and this JP just increases that value.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Wait wait…

you mean Legendary items shouldn’t require effort ?

I’m afraid you’re gonna find that opinion in the minority.

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Another batch of tears into chalice.

Fenom.9457

well… wow.. I gave it one last shot after this and I MADE IT! So the lesson here is whining on the forums solves the problem! :P :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Fenom.9457

Wait wait…

If you read it all I said in the post I understand including hard stuff cause it’s legendary

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Wait long enough and there’ll be mesmers willing or charging fees to port to the end, unless Anet’s addressed that little “breach of effort”.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Sheesh!! all these new platforming requirements are making me a little jumpy about the future of the game.

I hear some players are hopping mad about them.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Wait wait…

If you read it all I said in the post I understand including hard stuff cause it’s legendary

….and yet came to complain for it to get changed to something as trivial as Karka Queen.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

A legendary anything should have a difficulty component whether that be raids, jp, or straight money.

Considering ascended gear is essentially free (laurels, fractal drops, daily chest drops), people need to get over it.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Wait long enough and there’ll be mesmers willing or charging fees to port to the end, unless Anet’s addressed that little “breach of effort”.

Actually there already are. I personally have already ported over 70 people up through all the checkpoints by parking 5 of my mesmers there, and I’ve seen 2 other mesmers/ guilds doing the same thing. Based on what i’ve seen thus far none of us have charged any fee either, so I guess its just about who gets lucky enough to be on when a willing mesmer appears lol.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wait wait…

Apparently, your understanding of “hard stuff” is different from that of others, including ANet’s.

I don’t see how it’s any different than requiring people to do adventures (which some hate), fractals (which some hate), dungeons (which some hate), metas (which some hate), or [insert game mode here] (which some hate).

If you were to delete your post and start one that said, “Please Remove Chalice of Tears from Aurora Coll”, I might +1. Instead, you’ve made it harder for people to agree with you by insisting that there’s just one way to look at this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

If the idea behind making Legendary weapons hard to obtain is via making game content extremely hard, then they should NOT be sellable on the TP.
And theres a huge differance between JPs and other game content in that with all other game content , you can ask other people to help you, but thats not possible with Chalice of Tears.

(edited by mauried.5608)

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Well it could be worse. Oh wait, no it couldn’t. I really have to wonder why an accessory with yet-another-disco-effect is remotely worth the mats but, Chalice of Tears?!

That’s all a bit “mesmer service or GTFO” for a lot of people. I wonder if ArenaNet understands just how obnoxious that JP is. Not one I’d play for fun, unlike most.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Jp’s are hard and i too struggle with their dificulty. Good think i dodnt the jp on release then LUL.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

good thing i pay mesmers

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Chalice of Tears is hard?

Finding your way may be tricky, but no part of it is actually hard.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Chalice of Tears is hard?

Finding your way may be tricky, but no part of it is actually hard.

I kean finding your way is part of it.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Actually there already are. I personally have already ported over 70 people up through all the checkpoints by parking 5 of my mesmers there, and I’ve seen 2 other mesmers/ guilds doing the same thing. Based on what i’ve seen thus far none of us have charged any fee either, so I guess its just about who gets lucky enough to be on when a willing mesmer appears lol.

That’s good to know, I’ll likely be going for the trinket in the near future as well. I’m bloody tired of either the continuous grind of map currency just to get another copy of a trinket or having to find where and which character I last put my 2 sets of trinkets.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I remember doing this jp the first time (with a video guide from dulfy). Took me over 1.5 hours (not risking the checkpoint system I waited for portal to always be rdy). Vowed never to go in again.

1 week ago I decided to finish my mursat token collection and had to slowly climb it a 2nd time, it was way easier.

Then post patch I did it a 3rd time, took me 25 minutes.

Worst case, pay someone to get you up. There is a ton of people running the jp currently again.

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Its not really that hard… I did it solo on an ele multiple times…

If you played correctly and did every single JP in the game on your own, without a mes porting you, then all the JPs in the game are easy.
Practice.

This game is easy af as it is. Stop crying because something is actually a little bit more challenging than running around pressing 11111111….

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

This isn’t a hard jumping puzzle. Even the most difficult ones are easy once you actually give them a try.

It’s hilarious that you’re complaining about this…then got through it.

For the next JP, I want to see checkpoints removed, and all mesmer ports/teleport stones disabled!

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I love jumping puzzles, they are one of the few activities in the game that require skill. If you mess up you have nobody else to blame but yourself. I love difficult solo content and I hope they gate more rewards behind them.

Here’s hoping that they add solo player boss fights, where you have to dps the boss, stay alive and constantly move through a jumping puzzle with a wall of spikes chasing you or random elements that knock you off, but are avoidable with player skill.

Then I hope they gate insanely awesome rewards behind it. Now that’s my kind of game.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I finished this JP as part of a team of 3 ( two Mesmers trading rescue ports ) after several hours. This is definitely not a task I’d like to try again.

It was more than a little ridiculous. To make it part of a legendary collection is, frankly, a bit mean in my opinion.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Discoteka.2758

Discoteka.2758

Every time I do the puzzle (yes, I do it for fun), there are always a few people porting up. Stick with one.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I was one of a pair of Mesmers helping a 3rd player up. I don’t find JP’s fun at all. That particular one might reasonably be called “painfull.”

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Another batch of tears into chalice.

ROFL

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Not So Secret is way harder than Chalice of Tears. I rather enjoyed the Chalice of Tears JP. It is painful but in a fun way. I usually use my engineer to do JPs because the jump shot allows me to jump small gaps and hit the target directly.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Not So Secret is way harder than Chalice of Tears.

Speak for yourself, please. While Not So Secret is indeed one of the longest and hardest JPs in the game, I found it nowhere near as frustrating as Chalice of Tears (or Skipping Stones, for that matter – the only JP that I used a friendly Mesmer’s Portal to finish).

I’d give Chalice of Tears another shot (despite the stupid terrain games where you’re never quite sure which of half a dozen similarly angled surfaces of any given piece of rock along the way is actually safe to stand on and which you’ll fall down from) if
1) the buff from the checkpoints is made visible so we can be sure that the checkpoints got activated and
2) the buff from the checkpoints persists across server instances (e.g. when a map closes)
Failing that, though, I refuse to touch that thing ever again.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Where do you find information on the new legendary trinket?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My problem with this JP has always been the terrible design more than the difficulty. In fact, I’d argue for being called “Chalice of Tears” it is much too easy. However, the buggy and broken design makes it difficult in random parts, unless you know how to work around it – in which case it becomes rather easy.

So my proposition is this:

• Remove the inconsistencies. For example, if one part has you walk on an angled floor of 55°, another part shouldn’t have you slide off the very same floor at a 40° angle.
  • In turn, require much tighter precision jumps. currently, ignoring the first point, the JP is pretty kitten lenient.
  • If the second part makes it too difficult, maybe improve the QoL of the checkpoints, clearly indicating them and giving a buff which informs you that you got checkpoint XYZ.

Net result should be a higher difficulty, but no more buggy floors.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

This JP requires just too much “blind jumps” where you can’t even see (or even know) where you need to go unless you try it (or watch a video). That’s not even “puzzling” (unless you consider just brute forcing every possible combination “solving a puzzle”, I guess). It’s also the only reason this thing is “hard”.

It’s just a terrible JP and “Clusterkitten of Trial and Error” would have been a way better name than “Chalice of Tears” (better to rename “Not So Secret” to that).

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

This JP requires just too much “blind jumps” where you can’t even see (or even know) where you need to go unless you try it (or watch a video). That’s not even “puzzling” (unless you consider just brute forcing every possible combination “solving a puzzle”, I guess). It’s also the only reason this thing is “hard”.

It’s just a terrible JP and “Clusterkitten of Trial and Error” would have been a way better name than “Chalice of Tears” (better to rename “Not So Secret” to that).

Yeah I did it too twice yesterday, first for the tokens and second time for the collection and have to agree with this. Like someone else in these forums said too, it feels more like trying to glitch yourself out of the map than a jump puzzle.

I love jump puzzles as long as they don’t have blind jumps without any kind of clue where to go next or if they have artificial difficulty like this one has in form of slippery rocks where that one pixel you can stand on feels more like a glitch than planned thing.

Posted by: Luciferior.4802

Luciferior.4802

Chalice of Tears confirmed OP but wait I’m feeling a quote “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Do what thou wilt

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Chalice of Tears – Tribulation mode

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Where do you find information on the new legendary trinket?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Trinkets

Players learned about it from checking their collections. To start you need all 4 sentients from the LS3 maps. Overall you need to complete most of the achievements for every LS3 map. Its a lot of works and cost as much as one of the cheaper legendaries.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Fenom.9457

Ok so I wrote this partially in a rage (though calmed down I still think there’s a decent point), I used my own Mesmer and patience and got through. I do agree legendaries need challenge, I thought at the time that the hardest JP wasn’t good but I suppose it works

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

That would be acceptable if you allowed teleport to friends to work, or for people to get portaled through. But, you need CHECKPOINTS.

and alotta of people are gettign teleported by mesmer friends throught all the checkpointsand get the chest done, so…?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: lgutsl.3257

lgutsl.3257

I think the The Wayfarer’s Henge achievement shouldn’t have been in the Legendary Trinket collection. I have to do a 16 day time gated achievement for a back piece that I will never use, just to get the Legendary accessory that I only want for WvW. I really don’t understand what Anet was thinking when deciding to add that into the Draconis Mons master achievement.

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

Chalice of Tears does not even feel like a puzzle, it just feels like blind jumps and hoping the terrain does not glitch you out. Also I would like to point out that people who do not have a high end PC will probably have even a harder time as they cannot see the terrain as well as people with higher end PC. After anet decided to put both this JP and Wayfayarer’s Henge into the legendary trinket AP, I’m now convinced they just like to troll the player base. smh.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I would say Chalice of Tears is an extremely easy jumping puzzle, where all it’s difficulty stems from unfair jumps and not a clear way to go.

If all else fails, try downloading the overlay TacO, and then upload Tekkit’s Workshop.
For all season 3 JP Tekkit has made a detailed path to follow in the jumping puzzles. A line you can follow so you know exactly where to go.

Some may call it cheating, well, if anet made a vertical wall walkable, and a flat surface slippery, then I say there’s no cheating that doesn’t value the cause

Latest TacO: http://gw2taco.blogspot.nl/
Tekkit’s Detailed JP paths: http://tekkitsworkshop.net/index.php/guild-wars-2/jumping-puzzles

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Chalice of Tears is a lot more enjoyable JP than Not So Secret. So in that regard, it really isn’t horrible and since it is now part of an achievement to get a legendary trincket, I would say it is a good JP to do.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

It is easy, and also is one of the few things fun to do while doing aurora.

Being frustrated because if the jp while you need around 400 of each new map currencies makes me laugh.

The critics should be directed somewhere else ( also there’s the possibility of following a mesmer commanDer who does the jp for you ).

Lets make a recapito

-you have to wait for specific bosse
-you have to farm 400 of 6 different currencies
-you have to rng covers and spend something like 500

And The thing that bothEr you is a 20 min jp with Check Points which has no requirements, time Gate ( runestones was really the worst thing ) And that you can buy?

Guess i am getting both old and grumpy.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I would say Chalice of Tears is an extremely easy jumping puzzle, where all it’s difficulty stems from unfair jumps and not a clear way to go.

If all else fails, try downloading the overlay TacO, and then upload Tekkit’s Workshop.
For all season 3 JP Tekkit has made a detailed path to follow in the jumping puzzles. A line you can follow so you know exactly where to go.

Some may call it cheating, well, if anet made a vertical wall walkable, and a flat surface slippery, then I say there’s no cheating that doesn’t value the cause

Tekkit’s Detailed JP paths: http://tekkitsworkshop.net/index.php/guild-wars-2/jumping-puzzles

Is that considered a violation of the TOS? I’d hate to get banned for using something like that…

edit: never mind, looks like it’s fine – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpcPTe6dFQ

(edited by kurfu.5623)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Is that considered a violation of the TOS? I’d hate to get banned for using something like that…

edit: never mind, looks like it’s fine – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpcPTe6dFQ

Nonono. Not in the slightest.
Ill raise you one higher, a gw2 dev even shared Tekkit’s workshop on their official facebook page

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You’ll be fine.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

In the time the OP wrote the post, he could’ve done the JP at least once.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

In the time the OP wrote the post, he could’ve done the JP at least once.

The OP stated a few posts down that he calmed down and got through the jumping puzzle.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

If it helps any needing COT, they can hit us up in game, “Tyrian Mystical Tours [PORT]”. We can escort or port people through it.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

\o

though my space bar skills are not bad