Challenging content not 5-toons confirmed!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The second is that—while we view fractals as our infinitely expandable, endgame version of 5-man dungeon content, and while we will be continuing to discuss fractals in futureGuild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns announcements—this is not the new “challenging group content” that Colin announced on stage when he first revealed the expansion at PAX South.

This is clearly confirming what we thought(/hoped?) about challenging group content in HoT: this won’t be a 5-man instanced content.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I don’t see where you are getting that at all. Its just not going to be fractals. It could easily be some other five person instance.

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

If you want to assume that go ahead and do, but to realize that unless Arena net explicitly say it is so aka make a blog post about there is a possible that it is not true.

tl;dr Get excited all you want but don’t get mad if doesn’t turn out to be true.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I had hoped for dungeons in HoT. So who knows what we’re getting and what they consider challenging? I think he was just saying, “we wanted to let you know about this update, and no, this isn’t the teaser we mentioned earlier.”

That is saying they consider fractals the end game 5 man instanced content. While we probably won’t get 5 man instanced combat with HoT it doesn’t preclude it in that statement either, only that it wouldn’t be the end game version. All of HoT won’t be endgame per se. 80 content, yes. But not “end game” 80 content like fractals are supposed to be.

We could, for instance, be getting 8 man instance dungeons for all we know.

Glad about the update to fractals though – finally.

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

Well, it’s highly unlikely, that we get 10 or 25 man raids, because that’s what the world bosses are for. I hope it’s something like the scenarios in WoW but better.

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

I still think they’re going to be adding dungeons and even fractals. All they’re saying is “we weren’t talking about fractals when we said ‘challenging group content’” Doesn’t mean they’re not adding any.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Well, it’s highly unlikely, that we get 10 or 25 man raids, because that’s what the world bosses are for. I hope it’s something like the scenarios in WoW but better.

Right it could still be 5 man instanced stuff, just not dungeons. Like you just go straight to fighting a boss….that’d be kind of nice. Like a PvE arena. (just totally making stuff up here)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The world bosses (except for a few) are primarily just champs. None of them were designed to require more than a few players. I personally would love instanced 10-25 man raids.

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

we view fractals as our infinitely expandable, endgame version of 5-man dungeon content

I think this obviously says the end-game for 5-man is fractals which automatically implies that challenging group content is the end-game for some other format.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

we view fractals as our infinitely expandable, endgame version of 5-man dungeon content

I think this obviously says the end-game for 5-man is fractals which automatically implies that challenging group content is the end-game for some other format.

You’re really setting yourself up for disappointment here.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Almost 100% chance “challenging group content” is more VW.
Almost 100% chance there will never be another dungeon in GW2.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Someone needs to get a little more hooked on phonics . . . ¬_¬

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Almost 100% chance “challenging group content” is more VW.
Almost 100% chance there will never be another dungeon in GW2.

Set your expectations here and you will probably still be disappointed but much less so than where you currently have your expectations set OP.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Considering the lack of support and nerfs in dungeons, trait overhaul, NPE… i am conviced that Anet think its player base is mentally challenged so this “challeging content” does not even qualify in the hype meter. Needs more info =/

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I think the CGC is going to be hard mode versions of living story instances, they take the living story soloable dungeon instance and rescale and retune it for larger groups.

Lets be honest, Anet are continueing Gw2 with living story season 3, and given how they said making the Aetherpath was really taxing for them to do, I highly doubt they are going to do LS S3 AND something like raids that are seperate, but they can with reusing LS instances in the way I mentioned.

So the CGC isn’t as taxing on the dev team, it’s relevant to the current story of Gw2, and (hopefully) difficult which should see consistant releases.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I hope the challenging content does not take its lead from the triple worm. Too much communication and strategy are needed to even have a chance. No one even bothers with this silly boss anymore, if they ever did. I can only imagine what direction Anet is heading in.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I hope the challenging content does not take its lead from the triple worm. Too much communication and strategy are needed to even have a chance. No one even bothers with this silly boss anymore, if they ever did. I can only imagine what direction Anet is heading in.

Yeah I agree, I really don’t see what the big deal is about things like TT, it’s such a massive logistical issue. The boss it’s self mechanically isn’t anything to sing and dance about really, same with Teq. Sure anything gets easier with experience but If I want a challenge I, as a player want to be challenged, I want my knowledge of my class to be pushed and so on. I don’t want my ‘challenge’ to be going on TS and managing 80 people or what ever on where to stand and when to attack, when to do this or that.

These sort of events just drown out the indivdual, and quite often the larger it gets the more dumbed down it becomes.

There is reasons why mmos have pretty much abandoned 40 man raiding as a whole and prefer 25 or less.

(edited by Khenzo.2465)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yeah I agree, I really don’t see what the big deal is about things like TT, it’s such a massive logistical issue. The boss it’s self mechanically isn’t anything to sing and dance about really, same with Teq. Sure anything gets easier with experience but If I want a challenge I, as a player want to be challenged, I want my knowledge of my class to be pushed and so on. I don’t want my ‘challenge’ to be going on TS and managing 80 people or what ever on where to stand and when to attack, when to do this or that.

These sort of events just drown out the indivdual, and quite often the larger it gets the more dumbed down it becomes.

There is reasons why mmos have pretty much abandoned 40 man raiding as a whole and prefer 25 or less.

considering only 3 games i know of even have 40 man raids cant say its a industry standard ( wow wildstar and the secret world )