Champ Farming

Champ Farming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaycen.2591

Jaycen.2591

Hey,

I’ve been playing the game since it came out – about 2 years now. I have a guild. I’ve been really active.

About 6 months ago, I found out about champ farming. I started doing it on Frostgorge, and learned of the Queensdale farm later. I always thought the Queensdale farm was pretty stupid, since you’re on a newb map. People running the farm are constantly whining about newb mistakes, but it’s a NEWB MAP. Holy crap, how dumb can you be?

Frost was a lot of fun for me for a long time. Farming champs fits my play style very well. I get that many people find champ farming to be “grindy”, but the “grind” style of play is the one that suits my personality best. I like it. You don’t have to like it, but I don’t have to like dungeons and events, which I don’t, so there you go.

Anyway, just 5 weeks ago, I noticed Frostgorge was getting too busy. Too many people were running the farm, and I couldn’t get enough hits on a champ to earn the chest/bag/prize at the end. So, I looked on the wiki and found that Gendarran Fields had 10 champs on one map. 6 of the champs didn’t require an event.

I started running that map for the champs. Most circuits, I could hit 8 champs with no problem. Now, apparently, the admins thought I was making too much gold from this effort. They ignore the fact that people like me burned half the gold earned on Mystic Salvage Kits, because I’m on a mission to max out my magic find. But my fun isn’t apparently part of the consideration when it comes to the admins.

So, anyway, I was having a blast on Gendarran Fields. I was running a fun train. I was using it as a recruiting tool for my Guild. Imagine that?

Now, they’ve nerfed most of the champs. More than half are now elites which never seem to drop anything, much less a chest/bag. This sucks hard for me, because I DON’T LIKE DUNGEONS AND EVENTS. Running champs is the only thing that’s fun/interesting/challenging for me. But, apparently a few whinging Mary’s dictate how the game is played, and people like me pay their $60 + whatever on in-game bonuses and some whining cry-babies on the forums get Champs nerfed to the point of uselessness.

This sucks. It sucks so hard. Lower the chances for champ drops, if that’s the real problem, right? Don’t make the entire champ run EVENT suck for everyone. The admins of this game don’t seem to get that players can create in-game events that you guys didn’t think of. Well, it’s possible. I took something you did and added a new dimension. I made it fun for other players. So fun, it allowed me to recruit several new guild members based on it. Then you gut it.

I was almost to 300 gp for the first time ever, and I was running all the time. Then again, I salvage anything less than 1 gp and consume the Luck to increase Magic Find. I sell all materials, because I don’t craft. What’s left for me to do? I hate running dungeons. The new “mega-server” system has destroyed the fun of running the Ulgoth event chain.

I’m at the point where it’s hard to log in anymore. Does anyone at arenanet give a crap about players like me? It sure doesn’t feel like it.

Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.

Champ Farming

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The loot was nerfed because it was far too rewarding for it’s difficulty & effort.

It literally threw copious amounts of raw gold at players for a small amount of auto attacking with way-pointing, and large amounts of AFKing, Netflixing and Dorito-eating. So if this is all you enjoyed, lets face it – you don’t enjoy the game at all.

I’d much rather have champion bags contain no gold whatsoever, with the reward being T6/Exotics to drive crafting component prices down to a more reasonable price.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Champ Farming

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If the QD train is your favourite play style fair enough. But does the nerf in rewards for that kind of gameplay affect your ability in joining the train and do this fun stuff over and over again? I dont think so.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Champ Farming

Jaycen.2591

If the QD train is your favourite play style fair enough. But does the nerf in rewards for that kind of gameplay affect your ability in joining the train and do this fun stuff over and over again? I dont think so.

My complaint isn’t the reward nerf, my complaint is the Champ nerf. Please take a moment to READ my original comment. I suggested nerfing the reward.

Thanks for your participation.

Champ Farming

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

While I appreciate that you’ve had some fun running the champ trains, I think everyone knew the hammer was going to come down eventually. There are a ton of other things to do in the game, so I’m sure you’ll find something fun to do.

Champ Farming

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Champs trains was easy mode. I admit I did some to quickly up the gold count to acquire some things. However, I’m glad it’s gone. This is a beautiful game that is meant to be played and enjoyed, not to stick to one map.

Champ Farming

Jaycen.2591

Also if the only thing in this entire game you find to be fun is simply running the same exact champion run over and over, this is not the game for you.

Thanks, imbigbuck! I finally found the God-of-GW2! Oh, joyeous day!

Thank you for letting me know the proper way to play the game, Lord imbigbuck! I was so foolish for thinking players were free to find their own enjoyment.

Champ Farming

Jaycen.2591

“This is a beautiful game that is meant to be played and enjoyed, not to stick to one map.”

Agreed. Let me know when the new WvW maps will be coming out. I’m really torqued that I have to run the same GD’med maps over and over.

Champ Farming

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Inb4 thread lock due to terrible attitude.

I’m sorry OP champion farms really are effortless, as much as you would pretend they aren’t. And your post could be condensed in 3 lines to tell us clearly why reducing the loot vs nerfing the champs to elites would’ve been a better approach.

Besides, if Arenanet decides to nerf champs trains it’s their prerogative and I strongly doubt they were forced into it by “a few whinging marys”.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Champ Farming

Jaycen.2591

While I appreciate that you’ve had some fun running the champ trains, I think everyone knew the hammer was going to come down eventually. There are a ton of other things to do in the game, so I’m sure you’ll find something fun to do.

Apparently I didn’t get the memo, ProphetSword. And that torques me off, because I wasn’t operating under any of your assumptions.

Regards.

Champ Farming

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Apparently I didn’t get the memo, ProphetSword. And that torques me off, because I wasn’t operating under any of your assumptions.

Regards.

I understand you’re not happy about the changes. I think that’s obvious from the way you’re responding. But the changes are here to stay. The decision you have to make is whether you can find something else fun to do in the game or if it’s time for you to move on to something else.

Either way, I wish you well and hope you find a way to continue to have fun in the game.

Champ Farming

Posted by: Moderator

As this thread has turned towards people attacking one another and lacks constructive posting, it is now closed.