Champion guaranteed drops

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Remember the update where they said there would be a guaranteed drop from champs and all that?

Why did it still end up being blues or greens? Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to put like 1-5 t6 mats on a champ/legendary? Why did it have to be a guaranteed 1 silver lmao?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yeah the time it takes to kill a champion is longer than those big event bosses but the drops is bad.

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

if they had guaranteed drops people would just upscale normal events in mass numbers where champs die every 5 seconds

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They did say, at the time, it would be a blue or better. Should be no surprise.

It would be nice if it was green or better, I agree, but it’s not like Champs drop something other than what we were told they would drop.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Because sure, you would only get 1-5 t6 mats but a zerg as a whole would get 50-250. Multiply that by all the champions getting killed and suddenly there’s thousands being generated every minute.

Open world drops won’t be good at an individual level until there’s an anti-zerg mechanic.

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

Because sure, you would only get 1-5 t6 mats but a zerg as a whole would get 50-250. Multiply that by all the champions getting killed and suddenly there’s thousands being generated every minute.

Open world drops won’t be good at an individual level until there’s an anti-zerg mechanic.

then people might actually be able to afford crafting for fun, sounds good imo

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They said blue or better, champs drop this now which is better than the zero drop from 99% of them before the change was actually in game.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yep just like the promise of getting retroed laurels for achievements already earned, I’m still waiting on this one too and it’s been months now, no word on what’s going on with it.

Some of us are still getting 0 loot from champions even greys so not sure what’s going on there either.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yep just like the promise of getting retroed laurels for achievements already earned, I’m still waiting on this one too and it’s been months now, no word on what’s going on with it.

Some of us are still getting 0 loot from champions even greys so not sure what’s going on there either.

They never promised laurels, they said they where going to do something but never said laurels.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

how about instead of blue or better for champs, it’s a random fine crafting material? (T1-T6 for all level champs, equal odds)

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

I’d rather see champs have a slight chance at dropping a unique weapon or armor skin — one you can’t get from any other source. Even if it’s a very slight chance, it would be more interesting than a guaranteed blue.

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

I was thinking about this too, have the high level champs drop X t6 mats sounds completely reasonable. For example the spider champ’s spiderlings doesn’t drop anything anymore so instead of just getting a blue from the champ, drop some mats!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

What do you have against the poor champions?… the poor guys would end up like the frozen maw shaman, they’d be killed even before they had time to make their first few steps after spawning..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.