Champion of the gods or GWAMM?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

Q:

Which do you think has bigger kitten?
I think champion of the gods (50 HoM points) requires more work than GWAMM.
But God walking amongst mere mortals (30 maxed titles gw1) is a better title itself.
But I doubt people even know what champion title is.
Your thoughts?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have both. GWAMM is better.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mez Koo.9510

Why?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why?

Because God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals is simply a cooler title than Champion of the Gods.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I have both, so there! I’m doubly cool!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

GWAMM is hard work title. Champion of the Gods, not so much ….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I use ‘Legendary Champion’ in GW2 even though I have all three titles.

Had 4 GWAMM (some people had more) in GW1 but what did I use instead? Grandmaster Treasure Hunter because this title was even better.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Mez Koo.9510

I’m not sure about that, I think you need about 25 max titles for hom and full sets of weapons, armor, and minis.

But I agree with others that GWAMM sounds better. Debating whether to farm drinks in gw2 for shoulder or drinks in gw1 for last GWAMM title.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Have both, I think gwamm sounds better but for me I had gwamm long before champion of the gods. I know some people have gwamm but not champion of the gods. I dont know anyone that has champions of the gods who doesn’t also have gwamm.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think GWAMM is more likely to indicate that you’ve actually played at least most of GW1, whereas Champion of the Gods is largely about collecting items, you have to complete some content but it’s possible to do it without finishing any of the campaigns for example.

But it’s a small difference IMO. If you’ve got either then you’ve clearly put a large chunk of time into GW1, but it always made me a bit sad when I’d see people say they’d “finished” the game because they had one, or both, of those titles. Chances are they’d skipped at least some things simply because it didn’t directly contribute, or wasn’t the most ‘efficient’ way of getting the title.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Champion of the Gods is a mortal warrior who fights for the gods.

God Walking Among Mere Mortals is an actual God.

I think it’s pretty clear which one is the better title.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Volunteer is best. Nobody care if you have played some old game where you can’t even jump.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Champion of the Gods is a mortal warrior who fights for the gods.

God Walking Among Mere Mortals is an actual God.

I think it’s pretty clear which one is the better title.

Yeah, because everyone wants to be on par with Kormir.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I wear Gwamm or my PvP champ titles. Gwamm takes more commitment on one character than champion of the gods.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I also have both (feel free to check my HoM). Both are definitely a decent chunk of work, but I think GWAMM is harder. It’s the title for completing titles, where as a lot of the things for HoM you can just throw coin at. You can buy all the hero gear, you can pay for spider runs, and fow forge runs, etc etc. Some titles, sure you can do a bit of the same, but no where near the same extent.

shrug

Just my 2c

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Of course, the 1337est of the 1337 are bona fide and lifelong “Crabgrabbers”!!

PH34R

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

“Elonian Grandmaster Cartographer” was hands down my favorite title :p

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Any title I am wearing has the biggest.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I have both and gwamm take more work like a LOT its 30 max titles
Cartographer is also a lot harder in gw1 there is no hints where you need to go.

Mez Koo.9510

I have both and gwamm take more work like a LOT its 30 max titles
Cartographer is also a lot harder in gw1 there is no hints where you need to go.

There’s a texmod for mapping.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have both and use them both proudly

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I have both titles. Earning GWAMM took a LOT MORE effort than getting Champion of the Gods.

To max 30 titles for GWAMM, you quickly run out of the easy or moderate titles to max out, and you get stuck with having to grind out some rather difficult titles.

Getting the 50 points in the hall is peanuts by comparison:
- The 8 points of devotion is ultra-easy, especially now after so many years with so many extra minis out there. I’m well over 50 minis donated, multiple rares, etc.
- The 8 points for fellowship is very easy too. The heroes are easy to unlock just by playing through the storylines. It’s also not that hard to get the armor upgrades to allow dedicating them to the hall – or you could just buy them from another player too.
- The 8 points for resilience seemed relatively easy to me. The only hard part of this one was getting the Obsidian armor. It just boils down to earning the gold (lots of options for that) and then buying the ectos and shards to craft it. Vabbian is relatively easy to acquire by using trade contracts to get the necessary rubies and sapphires. Just run multiple toons through NF story quests to get more if you need them.
- The 8 points in Valor are relatively simple as well. Destroyer and Oppressor weapons are relatively easy to acquire. Just need to do some runs in DoA to collect what you need for an Ambrace of Truth.
- The 18 points for Honor is probably the only tricky part of this, and this overlaps heavily with maxing out titles. But there several more ways to get the 18 points in Honor than just from maxing titles. Some tracks give a statue before you max them as well. As a result, this is sort of like the titles-light version of doing GWAMM. You can max out Honor way easier than you can max out GWAMM.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I prefer GWAMM over any other title in this game. Even the 30k AP title is terrible.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I had GWAMM before I had 50/50, I think I needed three more achievements for that. At the end of the day, no one cares.

I think GWAMM sounds better too, but more people use it. Champion of The Gods is hardly ever used.

Frankly I like Rift Warden best. lol

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Having both, GWAMM took more effort. In fact, I didn’t even get GWAMM until last Halloween, but had already almost completed 50/50 when the HoM calculator came out (and I was working on GWAMM back then).

I think GWAMM is more likely to indicate that you’ve actually played at least most of GW1, whereas Champion of the Gods is largely about collecting items, you have to complete some content but it’s possible to do it without finishing any of the campaigns for example.

Getting 50 points in the HoM cannot be done without completing any campaign. It even requires doing hard mode fully in most cases.

Unless you manage to max multiple PvP titles which is just insane even when GW1 was wholly active – aka is even more work than doing the campaigns.

It’s possible to get to 30/50 without completing campaigns, if you manage to max things like lucky/unlucky, treasure hunter, wisdom. But even if those are just ‘collection’ titles, they’re still tedious. More so than completing a campaign by far.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Yakslapper – just for its comedic value

SBI

Posted by: Stace.1357

Stace.1357

I always have respect for other GWAMM players I see, but in GW1 the Incorrigible Ale-Hound title to me was a nightmare, that is before they made it easier, 10,000 minutes drunk was no joy, having to click on a new ale when it was wearing off. I’d just completed it before they made it easier….grrrrr. In GW2 the hardest title I’ve achieved was The Blazing light on guardian, pre HoT.

(edited by Stace.1357)

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I have both myself as well. Which one is harder and more prestigious? I couldn’t tell you because I completed both at the exact same time when I finished getting drunk off my ass in GW1. What I used in GW2 was GWAMM, mainly because it sounds better, though at times I would put on Champion because no one uses it.

Though since Demon’s Demise came out, that one has more prestige when it comes to GW2 for PvE so I use it at the moment.