Champions/Veterans...loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that drops from champions/veterans were going to be better.

I will admit, I do get a decent drop from veterans from time to time. As far as champions, I can’t remember when I even got a drop, let along a decent drop.

Am I imaginings things, or what’s going on here?

You would think everyone would at least get a green item for killing a champion, but aparently ArenaNet thinks its good to get nothing most of the time.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

They lied or its still glitched and they don’t feel to need to fix it. Vets do not drop more Rares/Exotics than normal mobs and champions don’t drop anything at all most of the times…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

The entire drop mechanic is garbage, but be prepared to have your topic not actually answered and rolled into another, aka swept under the rug.

Tom.6478

Both of you are probably right, I just can’t imagine why something as simple as this can’t be fixed.

(edited by Tom.6478)

Posted by: Elana.2584

Elana.2584

Have you seen this thread? It’s their response to that and other “perceived” crappy drop rates: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/first
There was another large thread with lots of data and information, but it was closed…

Tom.6478

I have seen that thread.

And I understand that there are many variables to drops.

But lets face it…the lack of drops from champions is so well documented….why the delay for a fix?

I will say I still like this game, but there some obvious things they can/should be fixed but for some reason they ignore or just take their sweet time to do it.

I’m no IT person, but I would thing changing the peramenters for Champion drops would be a 10 minute fix….then agian…maybe I’m wrong and its a huge task…………

(edited by Tom.6478)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yep vets/champs haven’t dropped anything for a very very long time now even before we were promised. I can’t imagine why their loot table couldn’t be easily quickly adjusted to fix it either.

Yep the other thread was closed and the data ignored. 1200 or so posts about 1000 people are somehow wrong about their experiences with loot. I was shocked that the response about the loot was that we “perceived” wrong as well.

It’s been going on now for two months. Not sure if anything is being done this month about it considering they won’t speak to us about anything ahead of time when asked especially about patch notes. I’ve heard reports that they are starting nerfing drops in dungeons, pretty soon there won’t be any drops for anyone. I hope the patch changes the drops to their normal values or they may be looking at a D3 sized exodus away from this title if it goes on too long. What I don’t understand is that historically DR has destroyed games with larger populations then this one, if their researchers are gamers how could they not know how bad DR is and how it doesn’t do anything to quell bots but harms their player population by wasting their player’s time?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Lymangood.3679

Lymangood.3679

I have seen that thread.

And I understand that there are many variables to drops.

But lets face it…the lack of drops from champions is so well documented….why the delay for a fix?

I will say I still like this game, but there some obvious things they can/should be fixed but for some reason they ignore or just take their sweet time to do it.

I’m no IT person, but I would thing changing the peramenters for Champion drops would be a 10 minute fix….then agian…maybe I’m wrong and its a huge task…………

You know Tom, maybe that isn’t a bad idea, maybe they should let the IT team try to fix it. They couldn’t possibly take any longer than letting the dev team do it.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I made a similar topic on this and it has gone to deaf ears.

Im flipping this will go the same road.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!