Champs Dropping Loot (Nov 15th Patch)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

From Nov 15th notes:

“The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

Why hasn’t this happened, been fixed or explained to us? Not trying to be a k.i.t.t.e.n. here, but this is pretty black and white. The notes and that this hasn’t happened and hasn’t been addressed, I believe.

“Should be guaranteed” is a bit tricky wording, but I read that is “It should drop, we want this to happen, if not it’s a bug, please report and we’ll re-address that until it does work”.

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Not seeing this at all.

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I’ve never fought a champ that didn’t drop something, be it just cash or trash loot, after that patch.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Horrorscope.7632

I’ve never fought a champ that didn’t drop something, be it just cash or trash loot, after that patch.

I have seriously 1 in 20 drop loot, just like the rest of RNG in the game. Interesting.

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

I have found that some champs don’t consistently drop loot (ie, the jormag phase 2 ones), even when I did the majority of the damage to them (via the bomb packs) – this was back when the event was actually worth farming the first phase for.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Horrorscope.7632

The win is if they did drop consistently, that creates a rallying point for people to meet and work together. As it stands now, it becomes a place to refrain from.

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I’ve only had loot drop from champs maybe 30% of the time.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

“This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

Does anyone feel like there is absolutely no way this is even remotely close? No-one sees world drops even remotely close the dungeons or crafting reliability. Not only do you choose the skins and stats of crafted and dungeon gear, you also know you will get something. World drops are still terribad and champions are still ignored.

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

“This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

Does anyone feel like there is absolutely no way this is even remotely close? No-one sees world drops even remotely close the dungeons or crafting reliability. Not only do you choose the skins and stats of crafted and dungeon gear, you also know you will get something. World drops are still terribad and champions are still ignored.

agree wholeheartedly

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

We have been discussing this for almost a month on this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

The loot drops for all open world kills, including champs and veterans, have been reduced significantly since the patch that was supposed to make it better.

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

There was another thread about this about 2 weeks ago. Have yet to hear a dev response about it though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Veteran-Champion-drops-non-existent/first

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s definitely nowhere near what people get in the dungeons no, it’s why we have a near 1000 post thread with 3xk views on the loot bug issue. People are tired of wasting their time. This game was supposed to be open-world-centric not dungeoneer-centric and thus is the main reason why people have said multiple times that they went back on their manifesto.

The only thing they have changed since is they made T6 drop more often from the bags one gets from risen in Orr and svanir in the gorge. I haven’t seen a rare in a very long time. Apparently there’s a bug with DR and with MF as well. DR doesn’t turn off for some people and is account wide, and MF works in reverse of what it’s intended to do for many people, people increase their mf only to start getting porous bones all of a sudden.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Agreed .. i have never seen an Exotic dropped anywhere in the Open World, and Rares drop maybe one ever 2 hours when i’m actually farming.

Also the Champions i killed in Orr after that patch all dropped nothing, nada, null.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.