[Change 23/06/2015] Ascended Attention

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

This may be far too late,
but i saw yesterday that the stats change for ascended require only 10 Spirits Shards.
Due to the rarity of ascended, I guess 10 Spirit shards may be not enough.
I mean, it is a luxury to be able to change Stats from Ascended gear.
People will surely hate me for such a post, but we must be realistic. It should require more effort than 10 shards. [15/20 shards]

This also depends from the other items needed. Since i don’t know I can only post based on my knowledge.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That makes no sense. If you want to stat change a rare item, then you want to make it as cheap and easy as possible

Posted by: feelingood.2106

feelingood.2106

“which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. "

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

“which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. "

Plus you are losing the rune/sigil

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Well the forums lost my post…but in short. This is a good thing. You can unlock the other colors and more folks will have access to ascended stat combos they wouldn’t otherwise have. (Sentinel, Keeper, Giver, etc.)

And folks can finally use the crap stat drop ascended boxes they get and change it to a stat combo they like.

Finally, remember Any upgrade in the item you change gets lost unless you remove it that’s a big thing there and will mean most folks are not going to just go willy nilly changing stats whenever they like.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

And times that by 6 for a full set.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

hope you do not have runes of strength or sigil of generosity on your equipment there…

It will be expensive enough rebuying some bloodlusts and comparables.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I got about 10000 skill points (spirit shards) I think. I’d agree with OP.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Ascended’s Still account bound, so it’s not like cheap stat changes are going to crash the economy for more desirable combos or anything.

I’m kinda hoping they learned their lesson from silk. Most of us are swimming in skill points NOW, but once they become spirit shards, I don’t know how much harder (or easier, maybe) they will be to get. If they’re rare enough, the extra supply will eventually get sponged up, making the items requiring them more expensive.

Making more items requiring large amount of shards, might then result in the same problems we have with Damask being really expensive because of it’s high mat requirements. Back when those recipes were made, silk was in excess, (but look at it now) and now spare skill points are kind of the same way. Let’s not walk down that road again.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I got about 10000 skill points (spirit shards) I think. I’d agree with OP.

So because you have a lot, everyone else must be punished? Great thinking there.
It’s fine the way it is. People are not going to throw their sets in the forge every other day.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Phoebe Ascension.8437

If i have so much everyone should have 500-1000. More then they need unless they doing something crazy (like make 5 legendaries per week). Note that these are Unused points. I used a ton to promote mats, legendaries, wvw siege etc.

Evans.6347

So the big number if skill points you have is bothering you? Such a harsh life.

Phoebe Ascension.8437

They are easy to get, will be even easier as they drop from mobs. Might as well make them usefull indeed. I doubt even you have to few of them Evans and yet you are complaining XD

Evans.6347

I’m not saying I don’t have any, I’m sure I’ll have a nice amount. But that’s not the point.
It’s not because some have a lot, that the price needs to be high.

I apologize for my cranky reactions, however. I obviously need some coffee =/

Posted by: Jumanji.8724

Jumanji.8724

Sure 10 spirit shards may not seem like alot but i think its plenty you hace to account for how much people are investing to buy ascended gear (about 70g a peice) then losing sigils and runes.

10 spirit shards takes maybe 1 hour in SW chest. 6hours to change an entire armor set is fine to me. Some dont even farm SW and prefer dungeons and they earn 1-3 an hour depending on which pathes they run and time it takes to get a pug going.

Im fairly new about 40 days and play about 4hours daily and still have issues with spirit shards due to me playing the game i want and not farming SW all day like most.

Evans.6347

That’s assuming that spirit shards will still be in champ bags of course. I don’t know if this has been confirmed.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This also assumes that the spirit shards will drop at the same rate as skill point scrolls. Just because they said they will drop doesn’t mean they will drop frequently or at the same % as from the old champ bags.

In fact I’m expecting them to drop less frequently since they won’t be used for skills and traits anymore.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

That’s assuming that spirit shards will still be in champ bags of course. I don’t know if this has been confirmed.

Yeah the spirit shards are replacing skill point scrolls in the champ bags. they will be fairly easy to come by. i like the change. it gives ascended armor a nice bonus for people that took the time and gold to make it while also not getting rid of the usefulness of exotic grade armor and weapons and still keeping legendary weapons as BiS because you can switch the stats on the fly. ArenaNet ultimately did a good job with this stuff which is refreshing.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

This may be far too late,
but i saw yesterday that the stats change for ascended require only 10 Spirits Shards.
Due to the rarity of ascended, I guess 10 Spirit shards may be not enough.
I mean, it is a luxury to be able to change Stats from Ascended gear.
People will surely hate me for such a post, but we must be realistic. It should require more effort than 10 shards. [15/20 shards]

This also depends from the other items needed. Since i don’t know I can only post based on my knowledge.

Let us consider some of the other costs of changing your ascended stats this is just a quick and dirty estimate so don’t quote my numbers.

To get your new Ascended stats from the Mystic Forge for let us say 1 Ascended staff with new Berserker stats you would need

• Your old staff
  • 10 Spirit Shards
  • 5 Ecto @40sp = 2.2gp
  • 1 Zojja’s Exotic Inscription = 6gp
  • 1 Replacement Sigil (Strength) = 2.2 gp
  • 1 Replacement Sigil (Force) = 7.8 gp
  • 2 Infusions 2@ 5 laurels =10 laurels

So that comes out to a general cost of about 18gp, 10 Spirit Shards and 10 laurals. To change your stats one time.

To some that may be just a drop in the bucket to test other builds but that cost gets quite expensive if you do it a few times.

Evans.6347

You did make a worst case scenario there though. I mean, just to be clear.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Sorry I could only go from memory with the Staff I use since I do not have access to the game.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Agree.
I doubt anyone added expensive sigils and infusion in an ascended with “bad” stats.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I don’t see why anyone would want to make it more expensive. What would that accomplish? Making it so that new players are punished for being new?

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Where is the down vote button?

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I think the biggest benefit of this change will come to those who get Ascended drops with the “wrong” stats. Now they can be changed into something useful. Love this change. Thank you again, Anet.