Change to Guild Mission reward format?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I was just wanted to get some feedback to see if the current personal reward structure for Guild Missions was intentional because I am trying to plan privileges and set up mission nights.

Currently the way it is right now. Only the completing members of a guild mission get the reward. IE, If you activate a easy “win a match of x” PvP mission and queue with 5 guild teams the first team to win gets the reward, others do not. Also happens in missions like Rush. Only the first 15 members to complete the rush get a reward. This being because the mission completes and closes after the minimum requirement is met.

As a guild leader I usually have 30 people show up for guild mission night, and that is on a slow week. The current format does not support this level of participation as people would not be able to participate all at once, and it would take 2-6+ activations per mission to get everyone their rewards.

Is this the intent of guild missions, to be 5-15 man missions done periodically by people interested in the rewards? This destroy’s a corner stone in my guild, guild mission night, for seemingly no reason.

Can we have it to where the mission stays open for the full duration of the timer even though the requirements have been met so everyone may participate?

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Mireles Lore.5942

Nothing? I guess I am going to have to put public guild missions on hold.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Can you activate the missions again? Does seem odd, though.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Must be a bug. Can’t think anyone would be as dopey as to plan it this way.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Must be a bug. Can’t think anyone would be as dopey as to plan it this way.

In a way I’m not surprised, since they tied individual reward into the guild fully completing the event.

edit: finally I can edit to fix that simple spelling mistake

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Haven’t done guild missions since HoT. Used our normal guild mission night to capture our guild hall.

That would suck if they limit it on the Rush’s like that. We also have about 30 people show up.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Mireles Lore.5942

Can you activate the missions again? Does seem odd, though.

You can activate it again. But say you have 30 members that want to do the rush mission. You would have to take 2 teams through 2 missions to get all 30 ppl rewards and you cant run them together or concurrently.

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

This is going to be a problem for us, as well, if it stays like this. We usually have 30-50 members show up for guild missions. More than half the fun is just goofing around together, so I’d hate to think this is anything but a bug.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com