Change to (No) Magic Find

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RogueTigeR.3160

RogueTigeR.3160

I was wondering, on either the post or the video in the post it was mentioned something will be done about equipment that already has magic find on it…. but what about Foods?

Basically I would like to know if i should scarf/sell all my foods i have big stockpiles of right away or will they still retain value after the change is made?…
Can I eat as I normally do?
or
Eat as much as possible while they still have an effect?

Thank You,
RogueTigeR

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Consumables will still exist, they’re just moving away from MF on gear.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Posted by: CleaveAge.7382

CleaveAge.7382

I wonder what will happen to all my 100%-invested-into-mf gear.

~“Get beyond love and grief: exist for the good of man.”
Miyamoto Musashi,
Book of Five Rings, The classic guide to strategy

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I would love it if they changed the mf stat this is on gear to boon duration could be same value 4% per piece.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Posted by: RogueTigeR.3160

RogueTigeR.3160

I was under the impression that when they referred to “consumables”, they meant items that disappear when you use them which will give small but permanent bonuses to magic find for the account, not food items or such which you can eat at any time for a brief magic find increase……

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

I was under the impression that when they referred to “consumables”, they meant items that disappear when you use them which will give small but permanent bonuses to magic find for the account, not food items or such which you can eat at any time for a brief magic find increase……

why would you be under the impression that they ment that? that would be way o.p, or so rare and weak
that it wouldnt have a noticable effect.

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

This is the impression I got too, so he’s not alone Blissified. I’m pretty sure this is exactly how they are doing it. Why would you go to all the trouble to salvage multiple blues and greens for a temporary magic find boost? Pretty sure they’ll be new items that do exactly this.

That being said, I’m pretty sure the Magic Find food won’t be changed. Easy to see when someone is using it anyway, and you don’t really lose much at all by using it.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

why would you be under the impression that they ment that? that would be way o.p, or so rare and weak
that it wouldnt have a noticable effect.

That’s actually one of the ideas they threw out there.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597/ArenaNets-Master-Plan-for-2013.html

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”