Change to Talents and weapons

Change to Talents and weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

This is sorta a big change, but one that should be considered and could help with build diversity.

Basically, lump weapons into categories rather than just be weapons. In other words, (these being examples and open to change),

• Slashing (Axes, Greatswords, Swords, etc)
  • Piercing (range weapons)
  • Bludgeoning (maces, hammers, staves, scepters)
  • Off-hand (foci, warhorns, shields, etc).

Off-hand I would most likely change the name, since you can have off-hand swords, axes, pistols, daggers too. To cause less confusion.

And yes I know, for the casters this would seem weird (scepter really being an outlier and I just tossed it into bludgeoning, another category may be needed), but if you are a mesmer for instance using a Greatsword, well, its still a slashing weapon.

The whole point of this is to open up and let other weapons get some use. Now instead of only getting might on crit with a greatsword, now its might on crit with any slashing weapon. Example for warriors, now gain might with an axe, or a sword. For Example for thieves, instead of crippling with a crit using a pistol or harpoon, dealing a crit with a piercing weapon cripples the target, so throw in shortbows.