Change weapons and tools for gathering

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yalbir.5493

Yalbir.5493

Hi all,
I am very new to the game and trying to get into it. I am like level 6. I wanted to know how or when or where you get the tools to gather stuff so I can make stuff. Also how can I change weapon sets on the fly. I have seen videos of people doing it but I don’t know what keys to push to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

Ok, so you can get the harvesting tools from general merchants in any big city and around a lot of the small towns outside.

When you get the ability to carry two sets of weapons (I believe this is at lvl 10, please correct me if I’m wrong), an arrow will appear to the left of your skills bar..selecting this will swap to your second set

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok, so you can get the harvesting tools from general merchants in any big city and around a lot of the small towns outside.

When you get the ability to carry two sets of weapons (I believe this is at lvl 10, please correct me if I’m wrong), an arrow will appear to the left of your skills bar..selecting this will swap to your second set

It’s level 15 to swap weapons now. :/

But there is a workaround for the OP. If he can get to Lions Arch and go through the Heart of the Mists portal, he can equip both sets of weapons. When he selects “leave PvP” from the PvP panel and returns to Lions Arch he will still have both weapons. Whenever he gets new weapons he can go back to PvP through the crossed swords on his UI (the PvP icon) and equip them, until he unlocks weapon swap at level 15.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

… unless playing an Elementalist or Engineer, they only use one weapon set at a time. They can change weapons outside of combat, though.

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

It’s level 15 to swap weapons now. :/

But there is a workaround for the OP. If he can get to Lions Arch and go through the Heart of the Mists portal, he can equip both sets of weapons. When he selects “leave PvP” from the PvP panel and returns to Lions Arch he will still have both weapons. Whenever he gets new weapons he can go back to PvP through the crossed swords on his UI (the PvP icon) and equip them, until he unlocks weapon swap at level 15.

Wow, didn’t know about the workaround, you live and learn

Posted by: Yalbir.5493

Yalbir.5493

Thank you all!!!