Changes to LA are coming soon(TM)!!!???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

So I just recently finished watching the Reaper specialization in PoI, and I noticed that when they were showing the new F1 skill, that they were showing a Lion’s Arch that didn’t look as destroyed as the one that we see today.

So I went off to take some screenshots.

I also want to point out, that around mid-April, we had two Consortium NPC’s drop in the game, with some mysterious dialogue about a plan and findings. I’ll link these screenshots as well.

Does this mean we’ll be seeing some changes to LA before the launch of HoT? I certainly hope so!

The Consortium are overlooking where the breachmaker was digging into the ley line. This certainly has to mean that their plan has something to do with restoring LA right?

We were also told that we are taking a break this week from Elite specializations, however there would still be some gigantic news, hopefully the announcement of LA being worked on?

Attachments:

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I see what you’re saying about the npc but lions arch doesn’t look any different to me

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Heh, i posted a thread about the NPCS a few weeks ago when they where added ;3

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Was the ship over the Wreckage of the Breachmaker always there? Ha! I don’t remember it being there, and it seems it would have been destroyed when the Breachmaker blew, or at least moved, but I could just be more senile than usual…

Jordo.5913

I see what you’re saying about the npc but lions arch doesn’t look any different to me

the giant building on the far right above the ramp is completely gone, as well as the houses or buildings along the wooden archway in the top middle of the picture

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

the giant building on the far right above the ramp is completely gone, as well as the houses or buildings along the wooden archway in the top middle of the picture

Oh wow I’m half asleep. I see now

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Apparently they said they are fixing it for personal story. So when you do those old personal story moments with new characters Lions Arch is still fine cause it’s supposed to be before Scarlet’s Attack.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

even so, IF it was to change “soon”, do not forget that Anet developers and creators use DEV builds to create all the stuff we get to see as videos and art. this could mean that they maybe have a very old map of LA, or just the middle only or the whole map of tyria as one map without portals etc etc.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Well spotted on the dev stream, OP.

Sincerely hope we get some sort of LA rebuilding event to get people back in and active with some side-story related content that can occur as a preamble to an assault on Maguuma.

God knows the live game is suffering under no updates…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

I would love to see LA at least start to see repairs, but I’m not too confident that’s what’s going to be happening soon. If you look at the video around the 5s mark, you can still see the wooden path that cuts through the fallen pillar. It seems odd that even though all that debris was removed, the detour path would stay there with no variation. Beyond that, there’s a Vista that’s supposed to be there and I don’t see it anywhere in the video.

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Vistas were too confusing to new HoT players (when viewing vista, camera control is taken away and that confused too many new players) and thus all vistas will be removed once the expansion goes live.

Jordo.5913

i sure do hope we get some type of progress on repairs, i would much like for it to be like the lion statue back in the day, the slowy built it back up over six weeks or so, it took three 2 week patches

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Looks like the Hero-tron is doing its job of aiding the captain’s council rebuild LA

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

In background " under " the highest wooden bridge we have new structure it front of Corolis Plaza – there are portals to each main city of each race. Imo they will rename it to Corolis Border Gate or Fort. Asura Gates – rampage of sylvari – distrust – war – it have sense that there will be more security around that point. It is already place surrounded by natural obstacles and few wooden barricades and guards inside.
This wooden structure is under construction. On the left there there are gratings or nets.

Next one on this picture is bank on the left it is hard to tell if repaired but in background of that kog ( there are grattings or nets ) so maybe it is repaired or not and we just see something behind on the mountain.

PS. If you go to bank there are lionguards that push you back if you come to close.

/Edit: About the NPC’s they are in front of Sanctum Harbor where lies wreckage of breachmaker there is : use energy leftovers to security’ application, use metal semicircles for Bridges / Gates ala Arah, use every piece of metal for drons, steam guards, recycle holograms for security/guide leaders. Much more their whereabouts is near point called Lion’s Gates it is where Lion’s Arch are connected to the to Sea of Sorrows so maybe huge watergate that will be specatulary close when danger from sea? then probably S.Bubbles.Karka will destroy it anyway.

(edited by Mem no Fushia.7604)

Jordo.5913

i didn’t even see the structure being built under the archway in the middle….good find!

Jordo.5913

WOO!! Called it :P

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Wait- they’re removing vistas?!?! NOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!