Changes to World Completion acheivement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ruzicka.4783

ruzicka.4783

If WvW map completion is no longer a requirement for a character to achieve World Completion, how about removing the four Sanctum jumping puzzles from the jumping puzzle achievement? I assume that the World Completion change was made because some players are not into WvW, and completing those maps can be very difficult at times doing it solo. The same is true though for the Sanctum jumping puzzles within WvW. So how about some consistency here?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

but there isn’t anything for completing all JPs …
It is much more likely that they removed WvW from world completion because of the new borderland map.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

If WvW map completion is no longer a requirement for a character to achieve World Completion, how about removing the four Sanctum jumping puzzles from the jumping puzzle achievement? I assume that the World Completion change was made because some players are not into WvW, and completing those maps can be very difficult at times doing it solo. The same is true though for the Sanctum jumping puzzles within WvW. So how about some consistency here?

Consistency here would be ANet removing pve map completion for WvWers or at least giving WvWers access to dungeon rewards in our game mode since they’re already available in PvE via dungeons and PvP via reward tracks.

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

Next time on GW2 forums:

“Remove WvW because I don’t play it”

coming soon

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Next time on GW2 forums:

coming soon

To be honest, legendary already has a WvW part (badges) and a lot of WvWers themselves were complaining about PVEers doing map completion, because they would be taking up space on the map and not exactly contributing, making the side with more PVEers have a disadvantage.

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I haven’t been doing JPs since the Daily/Monthly changes, but back then, I hardly met enemies in the WvW JPs. Just chose the right time of the day.

Apart from that, WvW Map Completion was needed on the way to a Legendary. The Sanctum JPs aren’t needed for anything. You can’t really compare both situations.

I’ve thought the same as as Khisanth, that the WvW map completion was removed because the new map may be harder to complete. Also I haven’t heard/read of an existing JP for the new borderland.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Next time on GW2 forums:

coming soon

To be honest, legendary already has a WvW part (badges) and a lot of WvWers themselves were complaining about PVEers doing map completion, because they would be taking up space on the map and not exactly contributing, making the side with more PVEers have a disadvantage.

The badges part is absolutely nothing. All you have to do for that is EotM and you can get the badges you need vastly faster than standard WvW. As for the complaints about PvEers, WvWers generally complain about the “taking up space on the map and not exactly contributing,” part. By that I mean that they’re in WvW spamming mapchat with demands of “take ____ I need the vista” and showing no consideration for what’s going on in the map or even willing to be in voice coms to work with the server. Not because they are trying for map completion, but just that those particular kinds of map completers aren’t seeking to contribute or look at things reasonably.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The badges part is absolutely nothing. All you have to do for that is EotM and you can get the badges you need vastly faster than standard WvW. As for the complaints about PvEers, WvWers generally complain about the “taking up space on the map and not exactly contributing,” part. By that I mean that they’re in WvW spamming mapchat with demands of “take ____ I need the vista” and showing no consideration for what’s going on in the map or even willing to be in voice coms to work with the server. Not because they are trying for map completion, but just that those particular kinds of map completers aren’t seeking to contribute or look at things reasonably.

exactly. Hense why it’s better this way. You don’t see PvPers invading Spvp because they need that point of interest in the enemy base.