Changes to in combat skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

So… now we see the little arrows despite being in combat? That’s… an unnecessary annoying change. Myself and a party member then had the arrows disappear and we were stuck unable to change skills even ooc for the boss. I assume it’s a related bug.

Anyone know why they made this weird change?

Attachments:

| Lithia |

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

When exiting combat in certain area’s after killing a mob, the game does not register the mob as being dead.

This bug existed before the patch, but seems to be popping up more now.

To fix the bug, simply enter and exit combat (by hitting something and killing it or running away) or by moving away from the last entry point into combat.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

When exiting combat in certain area’s after killing a mob, the game does not register the mob as being dead.

To fix the bug, simply enter and exit combat (by hitting something and killing it or running away) or by moving away from the last entry point into combat.

yea that doesnt work.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I don’t think that’s necessarily what he was talking about.

@OP, I’ve noticed the same thing. I think it was an intentional change, the arrow bar becomes a bit more transparent when you enter combat, but the arrows are still there. I find it unnecessary and annoying because it makes it require slightly more focus to see if I’m ooc. It’s not a huge deal; but when it does become an issue, it’s an extremely annoying one.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Different issue. Right now the arrows are always around. Even while I am in the middle of fighting a champion. The arrows just doesn’t ever go away.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Different issue. Right now the arrows are always around. Even while I am in the middle of fighting a champion. The arrows just doesn’t ever go away.

Not always:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/out-of-Combat-bug
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/In-Combat-bug

These can appear in combat as well as disappear out of combat. It seems to randomly happen when using any kind of transforms and is most likely a bug.

20 level 80s and counting.

Esplen.3940

Oh my bad, I got confused (I should really go to sleep).

Are you using a bundle?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Those threads seem to indicate there might be a relation to using a transform tonic and this issue.

I have not noticed it myself but will pay closer attention…I don’t change skills a whole lot. I also NEVER use tonics, so that may also be a reason.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Lishtenbird.2814

I also NEVER use tonics, so that may also be a reason.

You get transformed in Dry Top (aspects), in Fractals, and you must be using bundles every now and then anyway. Some skills also transform you and change your skill bar.

Esplen.3940

Dunno if they fixed it, but if you got a bundle equipped, it would “open” all your slots (the “Locked” skills were removed). This allows you to change your skills and equip skills before unlocking the slots.

At level 16, I was running around on my Thief with 4 Signets and a Mistfire Wolf (only equippable Elite pre 31).

Lishtenbird.2814

Dunno if they fixed it, but if you got a bundle equipped, it would “open” all your slots (the “Locked” skills were removed). This allows you to change your skills and equip skills before unlocking the slots.

At level 16, I was running around on my Thief with 4 Signets and a Mistfire Wolf (only equippable Elite pre 31).

I believe that was the intention of the change, but something went wrong.

sazberryftw.3809

I didn’t make this thread about the bug.

It’s about the UI change made to the arrows in and out of combat. This it what it now looks like in combat. Before, the arrows disappeared completely.

They’ve made a backwards change to intuitive UI for no apparent reason.

Attachments:

| Lithia |

Lishtenbird.2814

I didn’t make this thread about the bug.

It’s about the UI change made to the arrows in and out of combat. This it what it now looks like in combat. Before, the arrows disappeared completely.

They’ve made a backwards change to intuitive UI for no apparent reason.

I have to repeat myself than:

• You may have arrows in combat.
  • You may have arrows out of combat.
  • You may have no arrows in combat.
  • You may have no arrows out of combat.

It is not consistent. “You always have arrows in combat” is not true, that’s my point.

sazberryftw.3809

I have to repeat myself than:

• You may have arrows in combat.
  • You may have arrows out of combat.
  • You may have no arrows in combat.
  • You may have no arrows out of combat.

It is not consistent. “You always have arrows in combat” is not true, that’s my point.

So they have broken something then?

| Lithia |

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

This annoys me too. I need to know when I’m in combat or not.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I also NEVER use tonics, so that may also be a reason.

You get transformed in Dry Top (aspects), in Fractals, and you must be using bundles every now and then anyway. Some skills also transform you and change your skill bar.

Not doing any of those things. Just running around whacking things with a GS.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

First time this happened to me today. Was not ooc but arrows showed ooc. Odd.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

It happens to me very often after this latest patch. I swap traits and change utility skills very often in dungeons and the arrows are often there both in combat/out of combat. It makes it hard/confusing to know if I am ooc. After a few swaps, the skills sometimes cannot be changed any more even after ooc (I am guessing lag failed to update the info feeling like the crystal cage bug in coe dungeon). I am hoping this is a bug. But if this is intentional, I failed to see what was wrong before the change and what is the advantage of this version.