Changes to minis I would like to see

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I love minis, they are our loyal companions who follow us everywhere we go. But I feel that minis can be “improved” in a new feature patch. These are some ideas I would like to see

1. Make minis not subject to culling, basically they wont disappear if there is a high number of players in a map.
2. Make minis have a single combat animation.
3. make minis do not lag behind us, make almost as fast as ranger pets
4……can we have a vendor that sells a “lotion” or “treat” that when given to our mini makes them double their size for sometime? that would be a cool little idea XD
5. Besides selling them through gemstore, can we also have a new mini set?

What new changes would you like to have?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Oh the only one I want is mute all minis/ harvesting tools.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

1. They have issues with people crashing out and lagging out of maps due to over clutter on the screen. I’d rather they cull minis than reduce skill effects more than they already have. I’d like them to reappear automatically once the environment goes below the threshold again.

3. I agree on this.

And I also agree with Linken. I want to be able to mute other players’ minis. Some of them hit the right point for it to be headache inducing for me.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I love minis too, I have almost 300 of them and I’m aiming to get all the rest eventually. It feels really weird when I don’t have one with me.

Having said that:

1) There’s a reason they chose to cull mini pets. In some areas some people have huge problems with the game crashing if there’s too much going on, and even people who don’t suffer that can have pretty bad lag. Minis are one of the few things they can remove to reduce that problem that has zero impact on anyone’s gameplay.

2) I’m not sure what you mean here. Do you just want them to react to the fact that you’re in combat, or are you suggesting that they should actually fight?

3) This would be a nice improvement.

4) Could be a good idea, assuming there aren’t technical problems (like if they needed to make a 2nd model for every mini), but I’d probably only use it rarely.

5) Do you know that the mini sets were originally sold through the gem store? They’re tradable but all of them originally came from someone buying a pack in the store or from a black lion chest.

And honestly I prefer them releasing individual ones. They feel more special and it slows down them getting to insane numbers. GW1 is nearly 11 years old and has about 120 minis, GW2 has nearly 350 already.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are a bunch of minis from the GH mini merchants and there are a bunch that can be bought with each of the new map currencies.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

1. Make minis not subject to culling, basically they wont disappear if there is a high number of players in a map.

The options are:

• Cull minis
  • Cull players
  • Cull foes

I prefer that they cull minis.
(However, once culled, they should be automatically resummoned; that’s been unreliable.)

That could be fun.

Given the choice, though, I’d rather seem them work on more animations for our characters.

I actually like the fact that they have trouble keeping up with us. It’s cute when they have to chase us.. Still, it’s just a preference; I could live with it either way.

4……can we have a vendor that sells a “lotion” or “treat” that when given to our mini makes them double their size for sometime? that would be a cool little idea XD

Mini treats would be awesome. Size changes could just be the start of it.

I presume you mean a “Miniature Set 4” (along with a collection), since there have been lots of minis introduced since “Set 3”. I’m always in favor of more minis.

None of the suggestions above would cause me to spend much, however. If ANet wants my cash, then I’d like to see the following:

• Random mini queue: we pick the minis that might appear; the game randomly selects them on map change. Or alternatively, a location|function queue: one mini for maguuma, one for magus, one for dungeons, etc.
  • Fix when minis appear:
    • a mini should appear by default in PvE (unless the player opts out);
    • minis should not appear in wvw/pvp (unless the player opts in).
    • Any time minis are culled, they should be unculled when the ‘emergency’ passes.
    • Minis should reappear after ending a glide.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Ty all for the responses! some corrections though and I am not blaming anyone but myslef for this XD

1. I was not aware that because minis were subject to cull is made the game better, sorry

Basically what I mean here is have harmless combat animations from time to time just like their idle animation, I dont consider this a must though.

I do consider this one a must XD

Pretty self-explanatory I guess

what I meant here is that yes I’m all in favor of single gem minis, but I would also like to see a mini set 4 chest

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

A mini farm for your home instance. Or (still in your home instance) have a patrol lane for as many minis available, with a random mini assigned per lane everytime you zone back in.

Posted by: Sadismo.7508

Sadismo.7508

The only change I need about this useless feature is: please dont make them account bound so I can sell my 6 queen Jehnas, 15 proffesor Meaws, all the different birds from Black Lion chests and so on junk that dusts in my bank

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I would like to deposit my minis in a farm that breeds them so I can get random minis from time to time. No, not like Pokemon, … not really.