Changing home worlds

Changing home worlds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

Will changing home worlds effect my progress, environment, or anything else besides wvw by any shape or form? I know this is probably asked somewhere, but I couldn’t find it.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Only any guild unlocks or items in the guild bank

Changing home worlds

Desamos.1836

Only any guild unlocks or items in the guild bank

Wait so my guild bank, my guild armorer, and weapon smith will all go away because I switched worlds? What if I’m not the only leader.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

The guild stays on the server where it was created.

Changing home worlds

Desamos.1836

Ah okay I understand. Thank you

(edited by Desamos.1836)

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

The guild tag moves with you but any influence or thing purchased are tied to one server. Only saying as I do not like the phrasing of Mr. Vaughn here.

Changing home worlds

Desamos.1836

The guild tag moves with you but any influence or thing purchased are tied to one server. Only saying as I do not like the phrasing of Mr. Vaughn here.

Oh, I joined this wonderful guild recently. But I can’t see any of their upgrades, and they had about 44 influence. So if I joined their world, would I be able to see their influence, and upgrades then?

Changing home worlds

Posted by: sayura.8265

sayura.8265

Yes
little question on the side, can we see guildmembers talk in guild chat when we are in another world?

Changing home worlds

Desamos.1836

Yes
little question on the side, can we see guildmembers talk in guild chat when we are in another world?

yes you can

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Oh, I joined this wonderful guild recently. But I can’t see any of their upgrades, and they had about 44 influence. So if I joined their world, would I be able to see their influence, and upgrades then?

If you are on the same server as their upgrades, you would be able to. Example: if your guild was on Planet Sasquatch server and you were on Monkey Butt Island server, you would see only the influence you gained for the guild (assuming you are the only member of the guild to ever be on MBI), but if you move to PS you will see all their influence and upgrades done on that server.

Changing home worlds

Desamos.1836

If you are on the same server as their upgrades, you would be able to. Example: if your guild was on Planet Sasquatch server and you were on Monkey Butt Island server, you would see only the influence you gained for the guild (assuming you are the only member of the guild to ever be on MBI), but if you move to PS you will see all their influence and upgrades done on that server.

Well that’s cool. only thing I’m upset about is that I’ll lose my guild’s bank and what not.. but then again everyone quit playing in my both guilds so I was thinking about switching.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

you have to buy them all over again.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Why?

Changing home worlds

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

So you will have loyalty to your choice. It costs much more than the server transfer fee if you take into account what the guilds lose in influence. It makes your choice that much harder and mean that much more imo.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: niwaar.5631

niwaar.5631

One of the most inane design choices…

Why does this have to be? With a guild system that is so completely designed to be cross realm, we lose one of the major reasons to be in a guild in the first place.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

How annoying would it be if the player who created the guild switched servers and took the guild’s upgrades (incl. the bank) and influence with them?

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

How annoying would it be if the player who created the guild switched servers and took the guild’s upgrades (incl. the bank) and influence with them?

Well I doubt a Guild leader would up and leave his whole guild like that let’s be reasonable here. 9 times out of 10 that decision would be unanimous between the guild leader and his/her members.

As you know guild tend to force guild members communicate as it’s a guild, like a social community of players.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Well I doubt a Guild leader would up and leave his whole guild like that let’s be reasonable here. 9 times out of 10 that decision would be unanimous between the guild leader and his/her members.

As you know guild tend to force guild members communicate as it’s a guild, like a social community of players.

That’s a very naive thing to say. I’ve seen guild leaders clear banks, kick lower level or people who are unable to play for real life things, and all manner of unpleasantries. Unfortunately, people do shady things when they’re masked behind a computer screen. I wouldn’t doubt that this would happen all the time considering just how little people seem to care about each other in this game.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Would there ever be a system put in place for server movement of a guild? Like a movement vote or ‘member majority’ localization?

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

That’s a very naive thing to say. I’ve seen guild leaders clear banks, kick lower level or people who are unable to play for real life things, and all manner of unpleasantries. Unfortunately, people do shady things when they’re masked behind a computer screen. I wouldn’t doubt that this would happen all the time considering just how little people seem to care about each other in this game.

Ah your probably right. While everyone of the guild i’ve met in this game has had a nice leader, they all end up dying. And I really do agree with your last statment.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

How difficult would it be to detect than 75% of a guild switched severs WITH them?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Mooge.2346

Mooge.2346

How annoying is it when the server population drops to the point your entire guild moves to a new server and is forced to leave all our fully upgraded stuff behind and start over?

Yeah, working through that now. slow clap

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Arcdeo.4076

Arcdeo.4076

I throw my hat into the ring rather late… but just a few comments regarding what has be posted so far in this thread… First, many if not most of the GW2 launch population are no strangers to the mmo experience. Over the last couple years we all have to admit a rather disturbing descending trend in overall community cohesion and general respect for one another. This kills the true primus of a guild – the core of a PvP army or successful PvE dungeon group. PvP competitiveness, miss guided F2P business models, rampant world assaults by real world profiteers cause players to become nomadic (mmo hoppers) out of frustration or to seek other delinquent outlets.
This is happening not just here but within most mmo communities (well much less so here … But anyhow, please don’t get me wrong I know there are truly great natured souls out there playing for casual fun….and thank you for being there:)..
The true point is unless all the servers become a unique region of one colossal world map (and I mean different landscapes and stories), where we can all travel unimpeded then it is bad. You see, for 7 days our guild looses their new leader as he chases down the low life exploiter who cleaned house and jumped server!!!! So now..please for the sake of fighting the good fight and building a guild where members hang out more then three weeks after they get their gear… I have to agree with the moderator:)
I would propose this in closing, that those off world mirrors of our now world tether guilds – those entities should be considered and referred to as factions (cell’s not a good term in todays world). These guild factions would receive a small influence bonus from the founding guilds own grow rate during a week period which would assist the growth of that division. It would represent reach of a guilds influence or reputation. This would be much like ancient Rome striking fear thousands of miles away as people observed the Gold Engle topping the hill toward their town. Bam you solved 2 problems … eventually you’ll have a bank to make spending 25 bucks jumping servers worth its… but also greatly reduce the reason to hop guilds therein galvanizing a few more friendships. But the fun comes last as the faction reaches capacity and advancement cap, they can wage war by raid tournament for their on autonomy and establish their own renamed guild. All this while you work toward my first point Everything cured !!! lol … But as it stands that guild leaders going to clean house and jump ship… I sorry you people just too mean these days … lol … yep I’m behind the moderator on this. think it over.. make it happen… P.S. it would also muster in Alliances a little less painfully

(edited by Arcdeo.4076)

Changing home worlds

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

That’s like saying to a child “How annoying would it be if your parents moved to a different house?” (Except that players aren’t forced to move.)

In the end, it’s the guild leader’s guild and thus it’s their decision to move the guild. While it may be slightly unfair to the player’s who gave their time to the guild if this happens, I do not think that it is unfair as, in the end, it’s the leader’s guild, and they can choose to be a tyrant if they want.

The leader could even kick all the members if they want. That situation would be very similar to if the guild leader moved and thus the guild members that didn’t move don’t get the upgrades, despite participating to help get them.

Also, as others have said, many guild leaders will discuss it with the rest of the guild or at least the higher-ranked members.

Allowing guild leaders to transfer upgrades seems like a very sensible option IMO.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Actually, it would be nice if there was some way to do this. My guild would have considered moving to a lower-pop server (we are on JQ, always high or full) but since there is no way to move guild upgrades between servers, we chose to stay put.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

if the leader wanted to steel everything from the guild who uses the bank all they would need to do is kick everyone and then it is there personal bank/cash house anyways. the leader can already take everything and switch to a new server with it by putting everything in the personal bank and or in inventory and then switching. all they lose if guild upgrades i guess if they make a new one. what is the difference really?

Changing home worlds

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

So will I be able to guest back to my old server to access the my guild bank (I have a personal guild with stuff in the bank for storage)? If not I might need to transfer back and figure out how to move it all…

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Wouldnt the same person also have the power to boot everyone from the guild, which would be different from the above how?

~ AoN ~

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Arcdeo.4076

Arcdeo.4076

My only point is this at the essence of it all you are saying(and I am quoting in a very sarcastic way): If a ‘guild’ has become disenfranchised with their current world its no problem!!!! Bring all your influence and perks to my world and set up shop…."

Here let me paint you a mental picture of what your actually not realizing your saying:

“Oh wait, last week in WvW your guild were the ones saying ‘hey we’re kicking the ‘bleep’ ‘bleep’ out this world’…. Truth be known this was all happening as half your crew spammed ‘Die noob!’ and camped the front of their own zone keep in Ethernal all the while playing tag until 3:00am. Where only after everyone went to bed did they creep onto the actual battle field an PvE’d the PvP.

It getting clearer? Ok here’s this….

“Nah I can over look those obvious character flaws in WvW plaguing your ranks. I’ll even forgive your poor character and the 20 gold it cost me as you exploited the terrain and doors of the keep 3 times ’

Nah you probably need one last look at your question…. here ya go…

“Nah I wouldn’t mind if you picked up shop and moved next door really… and I’ll even not get mad when your guild arrives in town expecting a soldiers parade for the Jonny Come lately crew who never won a battle here, crying that you deserved to fly their banner, and to beat it all that they deserve buildings in their guilds name….”

I ask why? What have you done for us lately…

PEOPLE …Its not currency people …its represents the perks bestowed by the community your guild had contributed to … its a quantification of deeds that your guild achieved under that world’s banner.

Some guys rolling up from ‘Tin-buck-Two’ with a bag full of story’s haven’t earned jack on this world. They still kicking the respect ‘dog’ to death non the less.
OMG .. Get out and earn you some respect build you some influence !!!!! Or go back to where ya had some!

(edited by Arcdeo.4076)

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Stripes.8062

Stripes.8062

I wish I had read this before changing worlds to play with my Sister on another world, now I am stuck for 7 days without my guild bank or upgrades and the influence I am making is going for nothing as I play with my husband and a 5 other friends on the other world AND when I guest…as it is now in place I still can’t see my guild bank on my original world. AND after the 7 days I will have to pay to return. I and my friends don’t like it and are looking for other games. Two have already stopped playing altogether. Oh and if you make a mistake on buying guild armor to display your emblem you worked so hard to afford…no refunds and can’t be given to another character on your account. Out of luck to the tune of at least a gold.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

How difficult would it be to detect than 75% of a guild switched severs WITH them?

Or even 100%…. I know our guild has influence on servers where there’s nobody left.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Why are guilds tied to a server at all? Our characters have universally unique names so why not do the same with guilds? Unique names, unique guilds that are tied to the people in them and not to any server.

Changing home worlds

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I dont think most ppl want the abbilty to MOVE inf and guild bank etc to a new server, but rather that the inf and guild bank and upgrades etc to be SHARED between the servers