Changing weapon colors

Changing weapon colors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShadowGryphon.6257

ShadowGryphon.6257

In GW1 it was possible to dye ones weapons.
This is a mechanic I would love to see implemented on everything but the legendarys in GW2.

I won’t presume to speak for the rest of the community but I’m certain I’m not the only one who would like to change weapon colors to suit their personal tastes.

Thoughts?

If someone is talking behind your back… Fart.
North Alabama Guild Wars Players
http://tinyurl.com/y9hj2h4b

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Would be nice in general, yes.

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Yep.

I love the styling of the Bloodstone weapons above all other Black Lion sets, but I don’t like the red gems.

If they had a dye channel for the gems so you could change the colour it would be perfect.

Even if this sort of customisation was only limited to Black Lion skins.

I’m sure it would make them more popular and therefore increase sales of Black Lion skins and therefore gem sales too which help the game generate healthier cashflow.

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: Vereen Silenthunter.2704

Vereen Silenthunter.2704

All for it too, although I always thought that the the reason we can’t is that there are skins that are palette swap and that was an intentional way to ensure that the game wont look gaudy as well as a way to easily make more content. (eg: Seraph and Golden wings Weapons)

(edited by Vereen Silenthunter.2704)

Changing weapon colors

ShadowGryphon.6257

Yep.

I love the styling of the Bloodstone weapons above all other Black Lion sets, but I don’t like the red gems.

If they had a dye channel for the gems so you could change the colour it would be perfect.

Even if this sort of customisation was only limited to Black Lion skins.

I’m sure it would make them more popular and therefore increase sales of Black Lion skins and therefore gem sales too which help the game generate healthier cashflow.

That’s not a bad idea.
I don’t know that I’d limit it to just BLT skins but it would definitely improve sales.

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: marixon.6754

marixon.6754

That would be so awesome!
please ArenaNet

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

would love to have my pink chaos axe back from my GW1 char

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This is why we do not and prob wont have dyeable weapons

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3394gf/backpacks_and_dyes_why_not/cqjqrbj/

Changing weapon colors

ShadowGryphon.6257

Thanks for the link.
It’s possible you’re correct, but reading that reply I got the feeling that this isn’t totally out of the realm of possibility.
Given some of the changes they’ve made, I think dying weapons is something we could, and should, call for.

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

This is a mechanic I would love to see implemented on everything but the legendarys in GW2.

I won’t presume to speak for the rest of the community but I’m certain I’m not the only one who would like to change weapon colors to suit their personal tastes.

Thoughts?

Sound like you like having entirely matching gear yea me to lmao would be cool not sure why ya can’t. Like you said was possible in gw1 i always liked a green chaos axe

Changing weapon colors

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Id love this. Id also be willing to pay for this. Having it be a consumable (weapon dyes?) would add something with repurchase value to the gem store. Having it be specific to gem store skins would be another approach (as mentioned above).

Changing weapon colors

ShadowGryphon.6257

Thoughts?

Sound like you like having entirely matching gear yea me to lmao would be cool not sure why ya can’t. Like you said was possible in gw1 i always liked a green chaos axe

I do, to a degree, but some of my weapons have a trail that I’d like to change the color of as well lol