Char Select music change - Great!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just wanted to voice my appreciation for the character select music change.

That theme is one of my favorite GW2 tracks,and since we hear character select a lot, I’m glad they chose to use this gentler theme.

Great job, ANET!

Posted by: Shadowcat.6752

Shadowcat.6752

I notice, or at least from my perspective, that the shiverpeak music has been removed from the main menu & character creation. I’m not sure of it’s actual title I’m afraid.
If it has been removed could we have it back? Listening to that when creating a new character, or just fiddling with it, is very enjoyable.
If it hasn’t been removed, any idea as to why I’m no longer getting it?

Dragonbanes Ho!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

My character select music is the same as it’s always been. Are you guys in the beta, maybe, and that’s why it’s different?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Same music here, just checked. And I’m in the stress test Beta, so that’s not it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

I’ve noticed the char select screen doesn’t always play the char select music, but keeps playing the zone I just left instead. So maybe those hearing SW theme just left SW? Probably another bug…

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

What seems to be happening is the GW2 theme plays on first login, but opts to play something gentler upon character swap.

It’s kinda nice, it prevents us from getting blasted with the theme every time we switch to an alt.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Might be a good place to share this since many people have never heard of it. I played 2 years before I learned about this.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

While I love the sound track and GW and think its beautiful, it is hard to listen to the same music hours and hours and hours. This added a whole second life to the game for me and I had a lot of fun spending more hours customizing my playlist so I could hear the exact epic hook when I entered a world boss or a large mob.

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

Might be a good place to share this since many people have never heard of it. I played 2 years before I learned about this.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

I use that. I have it play Ghost Recon Future Soldier music when it starts up, because it has a very creepy atmosphere to it that matches my characters.

Like dis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3i7W353KM8

I might turn the custom soundtrack off to hear this default music though. I’m curious.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

For me, it just doesn’t really fit for every race. The one thing I loved about the racial themes is that it fits for the respective character. Listening the same tone on the charr intro just does not have that feeling that you are getting pumped for your adventure. To me that’s more of a bug or a fault as there was no indication on the patch notes saying so.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Shadowcat.6752

Shadowcat.6752

My character select music is the same as it’s always been. Are you guys in the beta, maybe, and that’s why it’s different?

Nope, no beta for me.

Dragonbanes Ho!