Character Creation

Character Creation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GRexCarolinii.9604

GRexCarolinii.9604

I’m just wondering… what sort of things do you consider when creating a character?
there are so many things to choose from… like race, gender, skin colour, eye and hair etc.

Logic says you’d want to create a character that looks like yourself, so you can relate to them better
but personally.. none of my characters look like me at all
(my only human is male, and irl, I’m female)

Character Creation

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Never heard of that logic.

For me, it depends on the character I’m creating.

My warrior is an elder (old face, gray hair, long white beard) Norn. Tough in body, not max tall but tall enough to cause a reaction.
My ranger is a human elonian hunter. He is dark skinned, big body, rasta hair, and wears leather and bones armor (mix n match). Perfectly dressed for the time Elonian Deserts are here.
My necro is an asura, ugly as I could possibly make him… gray and black stained skin, small red eyes, horrible nose lol, it is so funny.

not worthy to tell you about me engie or guardian… but the idea is that depending on the character, I try to make them look different and fit a concept in my head.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Character Creation

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Logic says you’d want to create a character that looks like yourself, so you can relate to them better

There isn’t an age slider so I would only be able to make characters that look like me from many years ago. There isn’t an ugly slider either. If both were options during character creation I’d probably be able to make a character that looks exactly like me. As it stands now all my human characters look like they are on the way to a Justin Biebers concert. Someone said that the characters are suppose to look young because they are new to the world but I’d pay gems for an ‘age change’ kit.

The Burninator

Character Creation

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I create characters which I can use in offline roleplay games, except my Sylvaris and Asura which I made just because they are cute

I dont want a character that looks like me or that I can relate to… I over-analyse myself and hate what I see. Playing is about escaping the mun, not replicating it.

Character Creation

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

I just sorta go in and make something that I think looks good. Not much else really. Nothing I’m consciously aware of anyway lol.

Sometimes they’re male. Sometimes they’re female.
Sometimes they’re black. Sometimes they’re white.
Sometimes they have short hair. Sometimes they have long hair.
Sometimes they’re really flamboyant with wild hair colors, tattoos, and showy clothing. Sometimes they have a rather restrained, low-key look.

If you saw all the characters across all the MMOs I’ve played, you would think most of them were created by different people.

On second though, I think it means I have multiple personalities or something. I dunno.

Character Creation

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Either I randomly move the sliders around or I try to go for the silliest looking character possible. Unfortunately it seems to be hard to make a very silly looking character in GW2 except for Sylvari because they’re all pretty silly looking.

Character Creation

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol…Lately I’ve been using ‘skip to the end’ and being surprised!

Character Creation

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I try to tailor my characters to what I think fits their race and profession well. I also gear their looks so that they aesthetically pleasing to my eye. They don’t have to have movie star looks, but looks that are cool to me.

For example, I like going against convention so I have a Sylvari Necro and Warrior. The warrior is all blues/whites/purples. The Necro is all greens/whites. I made the necro green because I wanted green to figure into his clothing and everything. Kind of poisonous. The warrior is blue because I don’t see many of them around and I like Avatar.

Bottom line, character creation is just personal preferences.

Character Creation

Posted by: GRexCarolinii.9604

GRexCarolinii.9604

Never heard of that logic.

• psychology-logic
    however, from what I’ve seen in general… it doesn’t apply to MMORPGs as much as the research likes to think

Aethetics play a much larger role, possibly even more so in the case of non-human characters
why else would I have spent the time picking the perfect shade of purple for my Sylvari?

whereas – I also have characters based on other things – such as my Sylvari based on Midna from Twilight Princess and my Ratchet and Clanks themed Charr

and lastly… I do love characters that are unusual… not that mine are particularly hehe :P

Character Creation

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I make my characters to fit a concept I have in my head.
I have 2 human females and they don’t look like me- it never occurred to me to do that.

I am also addicted to Sylvari and I have 5 Sylvari females so far.
As far as character customization Sylvari are anyone’s dream

Gunnar’s Hold