Character Selection Revamp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

Yes yes this has been brought up a few times on the forums I get that, I also get that not EVERYONE has this issue, however a decent chunk of vets or people who like to own several characters do. It is a huge pain when going through 10-20-30 etc toons and your specifically looking for 1 you want to get on, bouncing between several toons can be kinda annoying, I am sure that i’m not the only who thinks a small revamp to the character select screen would be greatly appreciated.

Offer by:
Class
Race
Stationary (where it won’t be latest character played upfront).
Etc

I am not saying all of the above need to be implemented, but any would be a great start.

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

+1. I’d love to be able to select the order my characters are in. Or at least star certain ones to always appear at the start.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

It would be nice to have a “grid” option for the character icons, where the vertical space on the screen is used (not by default) to show as many characters as possible without changing the portrait size.
I’d like to see a mouse-over on the crafting professions as well that indicates what level that character is at with a given craft.
Some people have requested that the selected character display also show equipped weapons.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

It’s a nice idea OP, but I would rather just have a favorites icon or gold trim on the character portrait for my main and alts that I mostly play. This way I can just simply filter out my favorite alts that I use to play the game from my other alts that I use for whatever.

A simple favorite(ing) system is needed for accounts that do have +10 characters on their accounts and I would like to see implemented as a new change to the character select UI as a feature update to the game. Any additional updates to the UI is always welcome of course.

Aeon.4127

It’s a nice idea OP, but I would rather just have a favorites icon or gold trim on the character portrait for my main and alts that I mostly play. This way I can just simply filter out my favorite alts that I use to play the game from my other alts that I use for whatever.

A simple favorite(ing) system is needed for accounts that do have +10 characters on their accounts and I would like to see implemented as a new change to the character select UI as a feature update to the game. Any additional updates to the UI is always welcome of course.

This is a nice Idea, however from time to time (and more often depending on your internet speed at that moment) your last selected toon wont be pushed to the front of the list which in turn even if you had a favorites system wouldn’t make much of a difference. However if you were able to add favorites with a highlighted portrait color, and selecting different colors for each toon you would want it to be on, it would be easy to not constantly swap to a toon you don’t want 2, or have already selected.

Aeon.4127

It would be nice to have a “grid” option for the character icons, where the vertical space on the screen is used (not by default) to show as many characters as possible without changing the portrait size.
I’d like to see a mouse-over on the crafting professions as well that indicates what level that character is at with a given craft.
Some people have requested that the selected character display also show equipped weapons.

This is something I would love to see added personally. a “grid” system +1

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Personally I like how it is, that way I know which character I need to gather with next/which ones I already have gathered with.

I am all for having options that meet others needs, but I would not want to lose functionality that I currently make use of.

Aeon.4127

Personally I like how it is, that way I know which character I need to gather with next/which ones I already have gathered with.

I am all for having options that meet others needs, but I would not want to lose functionality that I currently make use of.

Yep not implying at all to remove the current version, as it’s nice for some, but giving the option on how to select your toons. Thanks for understanding.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think that at the least ANet should offer a “grid view” button where you can see all 70 character heads at the same time (or however many would fit on the screen without making them smaller than they are now). Not perfect but it would be better than nothing if we can’t get a way to sort characters.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Yep not implying at all to remove the current version, as it’s nice for some, but giving the option on how to select your toons. Thanks for understanding.

No problem , I only have 9 so pretty minimal to deal with for me. I can’t imagine trying to keep track of as many as some of you guys have.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

+1 Grid

(15 chaaaaaaaaaars)

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

Options for character select?… YES ANET PLZ !

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

How about making the personality selection changing the one-liners your character says during combat, instead of removing it or having it being useless?

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I only have 9 characters, therefore no such issue. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to be able to have all characters presented in a one-page overview (e.g., via portrait grid) to make selection easier for all. This was already an issue for many in GW1.

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

I only have 9 characters, therefore no such issue. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to be able to have all characters presented in a one-page overview (e.g., via portrait grid) to make selection easier for all. This was already an issue for many in GW1.

Yep, a friend of mine has like 17 and from time to time is aggravated to heck when swapping in pvp or fractals just to get on the same toon when it should have been in a different spot.