Character creation! please please please~

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eremes Guile.1480

Eremes Guile.1480

Please anet give us something like this!!!!!

Watch “Black Desert #CB2 Character Creation” on YouTube – Black Desert #CB2 Character Creation: http://youtu.be/4TP4L1vHfpk

Hottest Thief [Ever]

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I can safely say that creation of that detail in a game like this will never happen

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Holy crap.

The pure amount of character customization is insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Eremes Guile.1480

I #believe anet will be able to pull something like this, they have awesome developers! Sorry i cant stop loving this game! But if they were to add something like this… T___T omg do it anet heheheh

Hottest Thief [Ever]

Posted by: ferr.6403

ferr.6403

You have never seen EVE Online? I think in EVE the creation is better and the result too o.O Where all this hype come from

(edited by ferr.6403)

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Unfortunately that would require rewriting the game engine, recreating all the character models and remaking every skin in the game. It would be easier, cheaper and quicker to make a whole new game.

Eremes Guile.1480

Yeap ive seen eve online too, but idk BDO is just my personal taste, but it"d be freeeeeeekin osom to have this added in gw2 ;__;

Hottest Thief [Ever]

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Oh, it’s another one of these threads. Charr and Asura. I rest my case.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: ferr.6403

ferr.6403

Nobody wants to see a 12ft tall norn ride a 6ft tall dolyak.

I would

(edited by ferr.6403)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet can add improvements there, but these improvements surely will never reach that extreme detail, like this one. Therefore is GW2 already far too old in its whole game engine.

The upcoming games are technologically far more advanced, than GW2 is.

Lots of the games that are coming in the near future have a huge amount of features, that woudl be awesome to have in GW2, where you quickly realize, how old GW2’s used technology is and that GW2 like GW1 is a game, that is based for people that have crappy old computers to be able to run the game also on them.

A reason, why GW2 started for example with only DX9 support….
It would be a big improvement, if anet would finally holdonto theit own promise and in this case you can count it a promise, because they officially announced it that they will do it somewhen is to make GW2 support also DX11!!
and when they are on that, they could bring out pleade finally aulso too a 64bit Client, so that gaming PCs can finally make full usage of their graphic and processor power.

Adding SweetFX or something similar self made also to the Shader Options ect. would be also a great move, so that people must not rely themself anymore on that 3rd party program, if it would get officially supported as part of the game or Anet would make its own shader improvements.

However, back to Charakter Creation ..
There are tons of future games with much better and far more detailed Character Editor, than GW2…

• Phantasy Star Online 2
  • Black Desert
  • Blade & Soul
  • ArcheAge Online

Even some of the old games have some impressive features and ideas and a much better armor/hair/face style design by the way if I may say so, that just look awesomer, than what GW2 currently has..

As example:

Vindictus
——

However, we will most like see in this section not any big improvements, before GW2 makes its real first expansion, because thats the only thing where i expect from ANet, that they massively would add alot more Faces, Hairstyles and would make some significant improvents of game performance, liek DX11/64bit client support, better shaders ect. to make graphically, as like in regards to game performance ect. the best out of GW2, that is in there for all those of us, that have better pcs, than some crappy stoneage win xp things that barely run the game on all settings minimum ect.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

Orpheal <— You said everything that I wanted to say. Thank you

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Spend several hours getting as detailed as you want and look at the back of the characters head from then on. Also can’t see fine details of other characters unless you are standing still and very close. A lot of effort for not a huge amount of gain.

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Torsailr.8456 and Orpheal.8263 are correct on there statements the engine that GW2 is running on and the base code that conduct the game could not handle the stress that all these new games coming out with. Wow they making a phantasy star online 2 hmmmmmmm

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wow, that is awesome!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Nobody wants to see a 12ft tall norn ride a 6ft tall dolyak.

I would

My 2ft tall Asura says otherwise!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

Notice however how little the you actually can move those features around. Technically speaking those features are already in mmos like ffxiv and blade’n’soul, but the UI for that one is especially nice and easy to use.

In the end you’re still heavily handicapped and not able to do anything else than pretty female characters and rough looking guys. Might as well have pre-made body types – and I can bet you that GW2 lets you have a better variety of body/face types than that game will.

(edited by Onis.2418)

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Sadly, that is probably never going to happen. The graphic engine might just not allow such detail.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

And then you wear a helmet and you can’t see anything anymore.

And you won’t see that face you spent hours and hours creating ever again because hey it’s a THIRD person camera game.

Not to mention, who will notice your “details” in a huge zerg fight, either in pve or pvp? Or even in a fast paced dungeon encounter. Completely useless.

This is a result of a “complex” character creator: http://i.imgur.com/iQkoJ.jpg loads of options isn’t always good, be careful what you wish for.

Also, in any of the content of that particular game, all characters of the same class look exactly the same, I wonder why.

I’d love that kind of customization in a single player RPG with loads of dialogue cutscenes etc but not in an MMORPG, it’s pointless.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Black Desert has gender locked classes.

/thread

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Excuse me while I go learn Korean and get a Korean SSN so I can sign up for Black Desert.

(Also the Koreans sure love dem long legs, don’t they?)

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

better to spend time/money for new content. this kind of char creation no rly needed in any mmo.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Anet can add improvements there, but these improvements surely will never reach that extreme detail, like this one. Therefore is GW2 already far too old in its whole game engine.

Has nothing to do with age. Just look at the character editor from Perfect World International .. that game is a lot older and for me has still one of the best character editors since you are not bound to any presets and create any face you want from any other face just with the sliders.
You can even save and load your characters there and blend in images.

All later games from perfect World however have much worse editors with just same boring presets.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

As I said, they can make improvements to the Character Creator – to a certain degree!!
I know that there are older games like GW2, like Perfect World, which are also already more detailed and visually more impressive in certai nthings, than GW2 is, even when I haven’t listed up PW for that example and instad chose Vindictus, that surely hasn#t the massive details like PW, but instead looks graphically alot better due to better shaders, alot better shadow and light mechanics ect.

However, all the thigns anet can do, will absolutely never lead to the point, that the Character Creator of GW2 will ever work exactly so, like that one shown from Black Desert, because therefore is simply GW2’s compelte game engine way too outdated and would require a total rework of the character editor and the game must provide first for such a huge detail in the character editor better support for things that are required for that amount of details, like DX11…

All of the upcoming games are all based on DX11. Theres even already DX12 in talk and that we will be able to see perhaps soon the first games that use it.
GW2 instead is still based on the ancient old DX9!!
As long this is the case, you can forget to ever see any significant improvements for the Character Editor in the style of any of the things that the more advanced games nowadays have all as cool features.

All anet currently can do is only increase the amount of hairstyles (the only thing they slowly currently do together with hair colors), face styles ect.
They can increase the options for body types, for fur/tatoos ect.

But I doubt that we will ever see features, like manually moving our hair styles around, manually making twirls ect pp
That just goes too far of what the current game performance is able to do with just only DX9, crappy shaders and basically the whole game beign designed after low end PCs, so that they are able to run the game.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

You have never seen EVE Online? I think in EVE the creation is better and the result too o.O Where all this hype come from

Are you serious? BD creation has everything EVE does plus a lot more. it is not better.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Has nothing to do with age. Just look at the character editor from Perfect World International .. that game is a lot older and for me has still one of the best character editors since you are not bound to any presets and create any face you want from any other face just with the sliders.
You can even save and load your characters there and blend in images.

All later games from perfect World however have much worse editors with just same boring presets.

Actually APB reloaded has a much better character editor than perfect world.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Maybe .. i don’t like the whole stlye of that one however, so i tried it and removed it very fast. With the PW editor however i really played around many hours.

And personally i really want more those options than whatever Black Desert can, since in the end all character from Black Desert i saw so far look still like clones.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Heh when it scrolled through hair at beginning I naturally thought to myself; ‘I hope that isn’t all the styles it has." Then the hair editor popped up… o.O

Yeah that looks pretty epic. Although if it’s a Korean game, visuals like this are what they do best. I’d have little expectations on the actual gameplay/content.

I really loved that games character creation and clothing system. Actually loved everything about that game except the things that killed it~ hackers, weapon renting, poor performance and so on. u.u Wish MMOs would do the whole wear-whatever-you-want-it-doesn’t-effect-stats thing like that and Secret World does.

Would be a nice start if GW2 would let medium use heavy skins.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Yuri.5810

Yuri.5810

i’d rather have limits in the character creation plus different dyable armor sets than a game with an amazing char creation with all the ppl walking around in the same identical outfit (from the videos i’ve seen that’s the case with BD). Plus it seems that BD have class/sex/race locked combinations, so it’s a HUGE customization step back.

Imho that level of customization it’s overkill if you’re not going to run around in your underwear all the time (inb4 that’s the point/that’s what i’m going to do).