Character select screen and other suggestions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kylissa.6094

Kylissa.6094

1)More options for character sorting. Ideally, something like attached picture (more display spaces! much yes), but at least a few options to select order? Alphabetical, Date Created (Ascending/Descending), Hours Played, Customize.

2) Items bought with Karma should be able to resell to a karma vendor for a small portion of the karma. If there is a way, it’d be cool to be able to return it before equipping for full refund. Or let us salvage the rune/sigil with no material drop.

3) Cash on Delivery mail option. Maybe I want to sell something to a guildmate at a set price. If I put it on the tp, it could get snatched away. This way is good if you can’t meet up or aren’t on at the same time.

4) Player to Player trades for people that are in the same area.

Love the game, so none of these are anywhere near deal-breakers. If I had to pick just one, it’d definitely be #1 (hence the title). I’m the kind of person that will log in to all of my characters to re-order them where I want them and that is really time consuming and frustrating to know that I’ll be screwing it up next time I do my pvp daily.

Attachments:

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Anet say they do not want to support player to player trade. Want player to use TP. Can still trade to guild member use mail if you trust other person. But if deal go bad Anet will not return gold or item lost.

Also player to player trade will make more trade spam in chat. Already I see people break the rule and use LFG to try to trade. I can guess how bad map chat would be.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Anet say they do not want to support player to player trade. Want player to use TP. Can still trade to guild member use mail if you trust other person. But if deal go bad Anet will not return gold or item lost.

Also player to player trade will make more trade spam in chat. Already I see people break the rule and use LFG to try to trade. I can guess how bad map chat would be.

This ^^^^^^

The first few weeks of the game the TP had a lot of teething problems so we could not use it. The map chat wanting to buy/sell spam was VERY VERY VERY annoying to say the least.

Mind you we did not have the anti spam (mute after speaking too much) system in then I don’t think. But still, I don’t want to see trade spam, heck even the guild recruiting messages are bad enough all the time.

As for your Login screen options suggestion I DO support this 1000% and it should be considered 1 of the top priorities for Anet in the QOL category for future updates.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Kylissa.6094

Maybe an area specifically for player to player trades then? The Kamadan of GW2? Or make trades a friend only deal like the free player stuff (or guild only). I don’t know, just thought it’d be nice to be able to trade items for items and sell to a specific person without having to rely on trust. My husband sent me mats once and the mail went to the wrong person(yes, double check, we know, we learned, just saying it happened), lost forever and could have been avoided with a direct trade. Just tacked them on as an afterthought though.

Only really want the select screen.

I couldn’t care less about the rest if they’ve already said they’re absolutely not doing non-tp trades.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Maybe an area specifically for player to player trades then? The Kamadan of GW2? Or make trades a friend only deal like the free player stuff (or guild only). I don’t know, just thought it’d be nice to be able to trade items for items and sell to a specific person without having to rely on trust. My husband sent me mats once and the mail went to the wrong person(yes, double check, we know, we learned, just saying it happened), lost forever and could have been avoided with a direct trade. Just tacked them on as an afterthought though.

Only really want the select screen.

I couldn’t care less about the rest if they’ve already said they’re absolutely not doing non-tp trades.

A player trading area could be a good idea. If not just for emersion/roleplay alone. They certainly need to look at something similar for a Raids lobby/area so perhaps when they do decide to look at that (if they are not already) that could be something else to think about.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Idea 1 is awesome and it would be a great feature!
Points 2 to 4 no! They will never be made, no need to even discuss thesm.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Kylissa.6094

I wouldn’t have added the rest if I had known it’d ruin my main point. Can we concentrate on attention for the character select screen?