Character with WC done and no skill points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

So I’ve done world completion three times now, more because I’m bored than for legs, and I’ve spent all the skill points earned on two of those characters on mystic toilet supplies. Am I going to have hell trying to get skills/elite specializations with these two characters? Will using the scrolls of knowledge on them now help at all? Can Anet release a very clear statement specifying what will happen to scrolls, and if characters with no skill points and no places left to commune with will be left in the cold?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’ve stated that skill points will be converted to the new mystic forge currency. The skill challenges will be called hero challenges or something like that. If you’re already completed them then you won’t have to do them again. They stated this either the blog, the presentation on Twitch, or both.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you did world completion then that alt will get the max number of hero points as it’s 400 points for being level 80 then however many skill challenges your char did. Since you already did them all, you will have them done.

Using scrolls at this point will put then in your hero panel and those will be converted into the new Mystic Forge currency.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

The two above me said pretty much the same thing but it bears repeating because I keep hearing misinformation everywhere.
The number skill points you have will be converted into the new currency.
Skill points will not be converted into hero points, instead the level of your character + the number of skill challenges you have completed on a character will yield hero points. These are character-based while the new currency based on skill points is account-based.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The real question is this: Is it more efficient to use the scrolls now and have them converted to this new currency, or save the scrolls for after the update to use them in whatever manner they’ll end up getting used in?

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

The real question is this: Is it more efficient to use the scrolls now and have them converted to this new currency, or save the scrolls for after the update to use them in whatever manner they’ll end up getting used in?

I think that’s a hard question to answer because we don’t know what if anything will be added, removed, changed about mystic forge items post expansion. Basically, what we are being told now is that the new currency skill points/scrolls will be converted to is used to purchase mystic forge materials. So, based on that, nothing that you can obtain now will change if you use scrolls now versus later. But that’s not the whole picture and the in-game economy is expected to shift post expansion so if you are looking to make money, you might be able to lose big or win big using forge materials post expansion by looking at market trends.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

If you did world completion then that alt will get the max number of hero points as it’s 400 points for being level 80 then however many skill challenges your char did. Since you already did them all, you will have them done.

Using scrolls at this point will put then in your hero panel and those will be converted into the new Mystic Forge currency.

I have 9 world completions and they still have their spare skill points. So if they’re converted to hero points, can they only be used in the forge? Because it seems like they might be useless to me if that is the case.

Although if it is the case, I guess it’s no great loss as they’re useless as spares anyway.

Might be good if you could use them for something else as well as.

Ayrilana.1396

I have 9 world completions and they still have their spare skill points. So if they’re converted to hero points, can they only be used in the forge? Because it seems like they might be useless to me if that is the case.

Although if it is the case, I guess it’s no great loss as they’re useless as spares anyway.

Skill points will not be converted to hero points.

Ayrilana.1396

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is how I’m understanding it.

At update, all skills and traits will be locked. Any skill point scrolls in your inventory/bank will be converted to a new item that, when clicked, will go into your hero panel as a Mystic forge currency, that will be used to buy items that now are bought with skill points. Any skills points in your hero panel will be converted directly into the currency.

Your char will receive Hero points to unlock the skills and traits. The number of hero points depends on what level it is and how many skill point challenges it had done before the update. A level 80 leveled with tomes only and no skill point challenges done will get 400 points. A char that is level 80 and has done 100% world will get the maximum number. As of right now, the information is that a char will need 465 hero points to unlock every skill and trait. Excess hero points over that amount will become a different currency, its use not yet specified.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Skill points will not be converted to hero points.

Exactly this.

To clarify, hero points are the points that you will get to unlock skills for the character that the skills are bound to.

Skill points will be converted into a mystic forge currency/material. We do not know the name of this currency/material yet. This will also be account-wide.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”