Characters on different servers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrTom.4813

MrTom.4813

Q:

So I enjoyed GW2 for a short while with friends before real-life took over for a time and I found myself without any time to play. I intended to jump back in today only to find all my friends have jumped to another server as part of a free transfer that I’ve clearly missed. I figured I’d make another character on that server (as my first one wasn’t all that high level anyway) but I can’t see any way to do that.

Is it possible?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

A:

All characters are based on one server. You cannot switch servers now without paying but you can choose to guest on another server. You cannot WvW on those servers however.

So I enjoyed GW2 for a short while with friends before real-life took over for a time and I found myself without any time to play. I intended to jump back in today only to find all my friends have jumped to another server as part of a free transfer that I’ve clearly missed. I figured I’d make another character on that server (as my first one wasn’t all that high level anyway) but I can’t see any way to do that.

Is it possible?

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I THINK that first there would have to be room on that server, also if you are just going to reroll onto that server then you would have to delete your toons from the first server.
BUT I do not know that first hand.
There is a guesting service now where you can temporarily play with your friends on another server but not in PVP.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It is not possible to make a character on a different server due to WvW related issues (spying on the enemy comes to mind).

Unless you wish to play WvW with them, you could guest to their server. Otherwise you’ll have to pay for a transfer.