Charge Quartz, just not fair

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

People had the chance to open gifts to get many of them, i didn’t had the chance due to not being able to log in earlier than this time.

So i lost my chance to get charge quartz and now i have to wait 5 days for each piece, not to mention the price…

Thanks a lot arenanet.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

shucks, you missed out on glitch abuse. what a shame.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

am I missing something?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

am I missing something?

the latest patch, no more charged quartz

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Personally I prefer the normal ones as I can sell them. The charged ones are no biggy, I just get them from mining the regular ones daily. I did get 1 charged out of a present and thought it was odd, now I know why.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Vissarion.6509

Personally I prefer the normal ones as I can sell them. The charged ones are no biggy, I just get them from mining the regular ones daily. I did get 1 charged out of a present and thought it was odd, now I know why.

Lucky you, were arround at summer and bazaar and you could get the quartz node, limited time events made many ppl (including me) not being able to farm a node daily, so i just buy them.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Lucky you, were arround at summer and bazaar and you could get the quartz node, limited time events made many ppl (including me) not being able to farm a node daily, so i just buy them.

Awww poop I forgot about those limited timed things. However I guess this way there will atleast be more regular on the TP for sale now so you might be able to buy them for cheaper.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Fortus.6175

Ahh, I see now, so thats the ordeal. Well, I got like 4 of them at most, so thats like only 4 days of work really. As per the new change, as long as it is more than 5 a pack then im ok with the change, though I have been getting overall very crappy stuff out of those presents…… almost makes me want to stop…

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh wow this was a glitch?! I opened a ton of boxes, hoping for other stuff…. I really hope no one gets banned or whatever…. I really didn’t want it anyway!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hmm, I was disappointed when I opened a gift and got a Charged Quartz. o.O

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I have a sneaking suspicion that charged quartz will be used either in the precursor crafting quests or in crafting one of the new legendaries. Previously it was confirmed that one of the issues with the economy is the insider trading that goes on, and it was explained something would be done about the mysterious supply drop and price spike in quartz crystals.

Now the assumption was that the market manipulation occurred because of the ascended armor release, but do enough players really care about celestial stats? It’s a niche stat set that only applies to a few builds, and only a minority of players would care enough to get ascended celestial stats. My guess is that what really happened is that someone at Anet spilled the beans that quartz would eventually be used for something with a broader appeal.

Fortus.6175

I didnt want mention it on the thread because at this point it could stil be considered speculation and could add to the flame, but as someone noted on the BLTP subforum; there was a 160,000 supply which overnight went down to 10,000…… it was suspicious and as soon as someone noted it on the forums, a red was quick to answer, and although he didnt say much, I felt almost as if they knew they had a leak but cant quite put an end to it.

What really bothers me though is that I dont have access to that leak, thats all. Im jealous, because these people have an obious upperhand on us and will be flipping mats in TP like crazy, while we get to see from the bleachers how the rich and fortunate becomes richer.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

I didnt want mention it on the thread because at this point it could stil be considered speculation and could add to the flame, but as someone noted on the BLTP subforum; there was a 160,000 supply which overnight went down to 10,000…… it was suspicious and as soon as someone noted it on the forums, a red was quick to answer, and although he didnt say much, I felt almost as if they knew they had a leak but cant quite put an end to it.

What really bothers me though is that I dont have access to that leak, thats all. Im jealous, because these people have an obious upperhand on us and will be flipping mats in TP like crazy, while we get to see from the bleachers how the rich and fortunate becomes richer.

Charged Quartz is account bound.
Quartz is not account bound and is useless to anyone that does not have a way to transform it into Charged Quartz.

Fortus.6175

Charged Quartz is account bound.
Quartz is not account bound and is useless to anyone that does not have a way to transform it into Charged Quartz.

Ok, either you didnt read what I said or you didnt read what I said….lol

I dont know what that reply came from but here I go anyways:

Anyone can make charged quartz, by simply walking up to any SP that is a chanel, perfect example is the one right outside of the human keep, where the human tutorial is.

As per the charged, yes it is account bound, but the uncharged isnt, which is the one that had its supplies drained.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

lol openned 1000 giant gifts Yesterday hoping to find dwayna recipe, and noticed all that Yellow crap flowing into my inv.
at the end i had 79 charged Crystal, 2 dwayna 1 grenth and an unbreakable chor bell. btw is that used only for celestial armor? they better don’t ban me for theyr mistake lol i don’t even have a use for that..
if is true what you say that Crystal will be used for new legendary and theinfo leaked thats really awful.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Isn’t it only for the celestial armor? If so, does anyone actually use that? I can’t imagine it be useful.

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

lol openned 1000 giant gifts Yesterday hoping to find dwayna recipe, and noticed all that Yellow crap flowing into my inv.
at the end i had 79 charged Crystal, 2 dwayna 1 grenth and an unbreakable chor bell. btw is that used only for celestial armor? they better don’t ban me for theyr mistake lol i don’t even have a use for that..
if is true what you say that Crystal will be used for new legendary and theinfo leaked thats really awful.

I did the SAME thing, hoping for a Ho Ho Tron! I bought 3 stacks of EACH size of giftie, not to mention the extras I traded sweaters and junk for. I finally gave up and bought one because the prices on them had dropped! ahaha

I got a bunch of those charged crystals and they are welcome to have ’em back as I do not plan to use them and really have little interest in making the costly Ascended items.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

shucks, you missed out on glitch abuse. what a shame.

Was not glitch, just Anet caving in to forum protesters.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Vissarion.6509

850 big gifts, got 150 quartz crystals.

Thats like 6 charged quartz.

Totally different from before.

And a big finger in our faces by arenanet tells us: |You want ascanded gear? wait 1 month" cause you have to charge crystals every day…

stupid time gated content is stupid.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

850 big gifts, got 150 quartz crystals.

Thats like 6 charged quartz.

Totally different from before.

And a big finger in our faces by arenanet tells us: |You want ascanded gear? wait 1 month" cause you have to charge crystals every day…

stupid time gated content is stupid.

given the time gating on the required ascended mats it’s not like the quartz time gate is holding things up anymore than the ascended mat time gate.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

You didn’t loose much, mainly almost no one goes in there to main them – too much time too little result cash wise.

I’m glad they patched it. Not my making one a day means again something.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

let see…

Last time we had something too cheap >.> they removed it from the TP, and said they would get it away from people that bought it legitimately ….

Now …i crafted charged crystals for 60 days….i wouldn t normally complain about Others getting something that doesn t damages me…..yet i can t forgive the community reaction on the matter that leds me to lose something i like….

So let me see…. in 2 Patches i wasted:
1 year on fractals (level+skins)
800 gems on an armor
60 days on charged crystals

will we see any sort of equity or will this be the usual double standard? ._.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Ahhh it WAS too good to be true! I got a few completing the Dolyak protection thing and I hope Anet doesn’t take them – I have no crystal node and I’m saving them for crafting projects.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Ahhh it WAS too good to be true! I got a few completing the Dolyak protection thing and I hope Anet doesn’t take them – I have no crystal node and I’m saving them for crafting projects.

You know you can join a player home istance to farm your daily quote?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

You know you can join a player home istance to farm your daily quote?

I absolutely did not but thanks for the heads up.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: coolmanx.5726

coolmanx.5726

I think I got 63 of them when I was trying to get the Ascended recipes. I wouldn’t mind returning them (especially if there is a risk for a ban) as I have no use for them.