Charged Lodestone Nightmare

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Okay, I have given myself a goal, but anyone know knows me knows that my goals are… insane, at best.

I gave myself the goal to make two Infinite Lights by Christmas. Now, I have 183 Charged Lodes, but as we all know, they are not easily farmed. Very little I have gotten by way of drops, most of them I have Mystic Forged from Charged Cores. I need 500, but at the rate this is going, I won’t be giving myself a Christmas present.

So, help?

Is there any effective way to gather Charged lodestone and/or cores that is more substantial than getting 3-4 cores a day?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No other way, really. Farm the sparks while the Dwayna temple is uncontested, do the even for taking the Dwayna temple on as many characters as possible in a day, run each CoE path every day, run Fractals every day, farm champs and hope you get lucky, or farm high level pirates/aetherblades for heavy bags of booty (or skritt in wvw/Dry Top for heavy bags of skritt shinies or players in wvw for heavy loot bags). You can also try doing all the LS chapters on alts for bags of loot.

At least you’re not farming silver doubloons!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Generally the most succesful method is to farm gold and just buy them off TP.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’ve been getting lots or charged cores in Silver Wastes plus a few actual lodestones. You may want to concentrate farming there.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Why do you want to make two of them?

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Why do you want two?

Just make one and use the wardrobe to skin any other sword into a second infinite light.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I made my second one a month before anet did wardrobe. I was happy…

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Yay, a thread about this hasn’t show up in a loooong time.
Anyway, I used to farm sparks in Malchor’s Leap when I neesed gazillion of them. Recently I heard theh got stealth nerfed for the 37459226 time. But I’m not sure.
I do want you OP to know that I feel ya in this case. Before the champ bags it was nearly suicidal to get as much as u needed.
Now there are additional methods to get em. Good luck with hunting.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

The fact that charged lodestones are needed for so many recipes and the fact that they have a ridiculously low droprate is really not okay… I agree that it is a nightmare and that it should not be this way but Anet seems to be okay with ridiculous RNG in this game so I don’t think things will get any better in the near future.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

The fact that charged lodestones are needed for so many recipes and the fact that they have a ridiculously low droprate is really not okay… I agree that it is a nightmare but Anet seems to be okay with ridiculous RNG in this game so I don’t think things will get any better in the near future.

It’s working as intended, or so they say. But, it’s a great gold sink for the game. So, it’s not likely to change anytime soon.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The fact that charged lodestones are needed for so many recipes and the fact that they have a ridiculously low droprate is really not okay… I agree that it is a nightmare but Anet seems to be okay with ridiculous RNG in this game so I don’t think things will get any better in the near future.

It’s working as intended, or so they say. But, it’s a great gold sink for the game. So, it’s not likely to change anytime soon.

I’m not sure this is a goldsink for the game.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Low drop rate means you’ll have to buy most of the ones you need from the TP, thus taking away 15% of the price as taxes. FYI the TP is by far the biggest gold sink in this game.

cranked.3812

Haha! Duh! You are right other than the 15% that leaves every time one sells which is a decent chunk of change considering the cost of them. I guess the scarcity of them is more of a way to create value among high level mats.

Piratoz.8627

But is that really okay in terms of designing a game that is fun and rewarding to play? Is it really okay to have a drop rate for exotics/lodestones that is minuscule to the point where opening things like champion bags isn’t even rewarding? Call me crazy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a large amount of the gem sales in GW2 end up being spent on gem to gold conversions in this game(legal gold buying). Thus Anet would have an incentive to make things much harder to get. And if this is indeed the case, is it really okay to sacrifice game quality to make more money? Is it really okay to put profits over good gameplay systems?

I don’t even think it is that great of a gold sink, considering that charged lodestone trade makes up a tiny proportion of the economy. The TP as a gold sink will function the same no matter what the prices for items are as it is a flat 15% tax on every transaction and almost all trade in the game must go through the TP. Yes gold inflation is a problem for every MMO, but having terrible RNG is not an ideal or even a good way of solving inflation problems.

You could say “working as intended” but if players don’t speak up then Anet will never make changes that could benefit this game. And GW2 could really use a rewards rework/rebalancing.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Why ask why? My reason for making two was not my question, and you can’t answer a question with a question…

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Why ask why? My reason for making two was not my question, and you can’t answer a question with a question…

Because if you need only one, then you need a lot less charged lodestones.

And if you are going for the skin, you only need to make one. Of they have a unique stat set or sigil on them, then you would need two. But I doubt they have anything unique beyond the skin.

That’s why the question was asked.

Posted by: WalkinGoon.2408

WalkinGoon.2408

Been playing since headstart, and up until about 3 months ago, used to run all 3 CoE paths fairly regularly. In that timespan, I’ve managed to accumulate 158 charged cores, and 30 charged lodestones, apparently.

Take in mind that I didn’t go in with the express intent of farming lodestones, but neither did I sell any or use more than several in crafting.

You’re better off farming gold and buying them off the TP. But if you don’t have the gold now and you’re wanting 500 of them for yourself or to gift to anybody by Chirstmas, you might have to consider opening up your wallet and converting gems to gold.

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

CoE is your best bet. I wouldn’t farm air/lightning elemental in malchor’s leap since the droprate is horrible. Another thing you could consider is prolly opening heavy bag of skritt shinies.

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

But is that really okay in terms of designing a game that is fun and rewarding to play? Is it really okay to have a drop rate for exotics/lodestones that is minuscule to the point where opening things like champion bags isn’t even rewarding? Call me crazy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a large amount of the gem sales in GW2 end up being spent on gem to gold conversions in this game(legal gold buying). Thus Anet would have an incentive to make things much harder to get. And if this is indeed the case, is it really okay to sacrifice game quality to make more money? Is it really okay to put profits over good gameplay systems?

I don’t even think it is that great of a gold sink, considering that charged lodestone trade makes up a tiny proportion of the economy. The TP as a gold sink will function the same no matter what the prices for items are as it is a flat 15% tax on every transaction and almost all trade in the game must go through the TP. Yes gold inflation is a problem for every MMO, but having terrible RNG is not an ideal or even a good way of solving inflation problems.

You could say “working as intended” but if players don’t speak up then Anet will never make changes that could benefit this game. And GW2 could really use a rewards rework/rebalancing.

Seeing that all (most? I can’t think of one that isn’t) of the recipes that require charged lodestones are for cosmetic items (as in, you can get something that does the exact same thing but looks different for a lot cheaper) I really don’t think it’s that terribly unreasonable. When I made my infinite light I was a bit bummed because of how charged lodestones where so much more expensive than other lodestones, but in my mind lodestones are a rare drop and shouldn’t be something someone just casually farms and suddenly has 500 of.
With his plan to farm 2 infinite light in 2-3 weeks OP has simply set himself an unreasonable and unrealistic goal.

cranked.3812

But is that really okay in terms of designing a game that is fun and rewarding to play? Is it really okay to have a drop rate for exotics/lodestones that is minuscule to the point where opening things like champion bags isn’t even rewarding?

The game was never really about going out to farm for items that you need. It is, and always will be, about farming gold and buying what you want on the TP. I’m not saying I like that way to go about it, but it’s the world we live in. Not everything in the game can have a high drop rate. There will always be some things that are in high demand which cause the price to be high.

Call me crazy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a large amount of the gem sales in GW2 end up being spent on gem to gold conversions in this game(legal gold buying). Thus Anet would have an incentive to make things much harder to get.

No need to call you crazy. Of course anet is setting it up so players are more inclined to spend money on gems to convert to gold. If you owned a business where you needed to pay employees and other costs monthly, would you set up a system where customers wanted to pay you money more often or would you make it so customers were not so inclined to open their wallets?

And if this is indeed the case, is it really okay to sacrifice game quality to make more money? Is it really okay to put profits over good gameplay systems?

Games will never be as good as they once were when gameplay trumped graphics by a mile. But, this is the new generation of gaming where everyone wants pretty graphics, gameplay is second fiddle, they want everything right now and they don’t want to spend time or money to get it. You might as well get used to it because this gaming world is here to stay.

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

CoE chests have a chance to give charged cores or lodes, so do all 3 paths daily.

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Piratoz.8627

But is that really okay in terms of designing a game that is fun and rewarding to play? Is it really okay to have a drop rate for exotics/lodestones that is minuscule to the point where opening things like champion bags isn’t even rewarding?

The game was never really about going out to farm for items that you need. It is, and always will be, about farming gold and buying what you want on the TP. I’m not saying I like that way to go about it, but it’s the world we live in. Not everything in the game can have a high drop rate. There will always be some things that are in high demand which cause the price to be high.

Call me crazy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a large amount of the gem sales in GW2 end up being spent on gem to gold conversions in this game(legal gold buying). Thus Anet would have an incentive to make things much harder to get.

No need to call you crazy. Of course anet is setting it up so players are more inclined to spend money on gems to convert to gold. If you owned a business where you needed to pay employees and other costs monthly, would you set up a system where customers wanted to pay you money more often or would you make it so customers were not so inclined to open their wallets?

And if this is indeed the case, is it really okay to sacrifice game quality to make more money? Is it really okay to put profits over good gameplay systems?

Games will never be as good as they once were when gameplay trumped graphics by a mile. But, this is the new generation of gaming where everyone wants pretty graphics, gameplay is second fiddle, they want everything right now and they don’t want to spend time or money to get it. You might as well get used to it because this gaming world is here to stay.

Yeah… the “new” gaming world is here to stay, but there should be a place to draw the line I guess. It is a little sad to see the philosophy of “we need to make games to make more money” be put over “we need to make money to make more games”. I understand that the devs of Anet are only human and humans make mistakes. But that doesn’t mean that they can’t learn from their mistakes. I just wish that they put more value into things such as player opinion and feedback over pure statistics and metrics. Sure things like gemstore cash grabs and extreme RNG might net them more money in the short term. But how much more money could they have potentially gotten in the long term with less unscrupulous ways of generating income? How many potential players have they lost through these gameplay compromises? I guess at the end of the day I just wish the RNG was a little better in the game haha.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Most people who get lodestones don’t use them for crafting… If you could reasonably farm them all for yourself, what would be the value for players not interested in crafting with them? Nada, because there would be no market.

Stating that you want to craft two instead one “one plus reskin” already displays your obvious lack of understanding of how the game works,

Make your gold in the most efficient way you enjoy, buy enough for the ONE you need for the pair, and move on to the next thing.

Everyone wants things for free. Would you be so interested in Infinite Light if everyone had it?

The other option is a vertical progresssion game. Would you prefer to be locked out of actual content because you didn’t gain enough xp before the next level cap increase? I don"t think so.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

smh….. infinite light is so ugly tho….

why do people like it so much?

I mean I understand people like to have things that cost a lot of money to show off….

But if I had the money (or the patience to farm) I can think of like 200 things way cooler than infinite light I would rather have.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Because you may have a reason like wanting to give the second to a friend or sell it. But if you just wanted to dual wield the prettiest sword in game, you only need one and that could have saved you a lot of work.

Good luck with your efforts either way.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The number of ways that lodestones can be farmed has been increased, but none of them are particularly effective. Killing sparks is about as efficient as killing dust mites, both are probably more efficient that running Crucible of Eternity (although the money from completed runs makes it more than worthwhile) and killing level 80 Aetherblades is tricky.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

OR make Sunrise or one of the spirit weapons with those lodes. Also why would you make 2 when there’s the wardrobe?

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

much faster imho: farm t6 mats in Drytop or other lv.80 zones and sell those in order to get the money for the Lodestones. Did this for my Infinite Light… and now I’m not even using it because I like Lord Taere’s shadow more xD.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol. why make the same overpriced exotic for the skin twice?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK