Charged Quartz Crystal

Charged Quartz Crystal

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dankan.7158

Dankan.7158

Hello!

It needs 5 Charged Quartz Crystal to craft 1 Celestial Intricate Gossamer Insignia.

what were Anet thinking?

That’s why too much, for me to get a full set of Celestial, it will take me 1 month to get that. That’s just inzane if you compare to all the other exotic insignias.

/Dan

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You can some times get a charged quartz crystal as a drop from home instance crystal formation node. If you don’t have one yourself, ask to party with a guild member or a friend who does and harvest theirs.

In my experience it’s something like 5-10% chance per harvest, so you should get 1 extra crystal every 4-5 days on average. No idea if banner or guild boons boost that chance.

But yeah, it’s time gated with no workaround.

One – Piken Square

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I can tell you to the day exactly how long it would take me to get 30 charged quartz for a full set of armor by my own harvesting efforts. I can’t tell you how long it would take me to get, say, 30 powerful blood for a full set of zerker armor from random loot drops, but I have no doubt it would take me longer than getting 30 charged quartz unless I was extremely lucky. Do you get 30 powerful blood or ancient bones or vicious fangs or any of the other rare mats in only one month?

So, what’s your complaint? Those who want insignia using quartz are sitting pretty compared to those who want insignia based on other rare mats. There’s no RNG involved.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I can tell you to the day exactly how long it would take me to get 30 charged quartz for a full set of armor by my own harvesting efforts. I can’t tell you how long it would take me to get, say, 30 powerful blood for a full set of zerker armor from random loot drops, but I have no doubt it would take me longer than getting 30 charged quartz unless I was extremely lucky. Do you get 30 powerful blood or ancient bones or vicious fangs or any of the other rare mats in only one month?

So, what’s your complaint? Those who want insignia using quartz are sitting pretty compared to those who want insignia based on other rare mats. There’s no RNG involved.

I can tell you I need 30 sec to buy all the mats needed to make a zerker set.

VoxL, NSPPT

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

1. Buy t&t bags or wintersday gifts
2. Open
3. Sell everything you get except charged quartz crystals
4. Craft celestial set

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

well, how little are the chance of getting charged quartz crystals in those.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I don’t really have a problem with this. There are multiple sources of quartz crystal in the game, TP, Dry Top and a node for your home. If you decide that you want this armor and get all kittened about the time gating, well it’s going to take a while to accumulate the rest of the mats anyway.

I have noticed the price of crystals going up recently. Possibly because of Guild Halls.

What I am annoyed with is the difficulty of getting Mastery Points in Tyria. But that’s a different posting…

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

well quartz crystals ain’t hard to get, the thing is that you need 25 of those to make a charged quart crystal that you can do 1/day.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Glass Hand.7306

The thing is that it’s predictable, unlike a lot of things that are governed by the RNG, so you can plan for it.

If you were complaining about something that was RNG governed I’d be a lot more sympathetic. For example the Enchanted Map scraps. I’ve gotten 3 of them, all number 2. In a year and a half of playing. As far as I can tell I will never ever be able to complete this map.

Likewise the stuff in Black Lion Chests. I just don’t buy keys any more. I will never get the 5 ticket scraps I need for a nice skin.

Etc.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

well quartz crystals ain’t hard to get, the thing is that you need 25 of those to make a charged quart crystal that you can do 1/day.

If you hit every possible node, you get 22 minimum per day. If necessary, you can always grab a few extra off the broker. Make getting a charged crystal part of your daily routine and you will have it done before you know it.

The trickiest part is getting into a T4+ Dry Top during sandstorm to get to the rich node. There aren’t a ton of people doing dry top right now, so that can sometimes take a few tries.

The home instance node is a great purchase (Gift of Quartz, 25 laurels and 15 gold; the only node that is really worth it, IMO) if you don’t know someone that has one.

If anyone needs help finding these, I’d be happy to show you where they are.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

oh wait, can you use every node / day? I thought it was only 1…well then…im gonna try it out, hopefully it works, thanks for the answer

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

or I think i missunderstood you, do you mean node’s as hero points?… haha

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

or I think i missunderstood you, do you mean node’s as hero points?… haha

I just saw you’re post and haven’t read into the convo real far but…

You can harvest each node once a day, and use the hero point once a day in your home instance to charge the crystals.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can get 30 Vials of Powerful Blood by doing 64 events in the map that has Vials of Powerful Blood its map bonus table even if you get zero loot drops.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

thanks for the answer but im confused, I need to have this explained to me haha, what nodes are you talking about?

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Nodes are points that you can mine, harvest or chop. Nodes like copper, Mithril, Quartz Crystals, elder wood, young herbs. To get Charged quartz crystals you have to have 25 Quartz Crystals and interact with a hero point.

You can have a Quartz Crystal node in your home instance, you can also have a Hero Point in your home node.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

oh okay, cool, but normal quartz crystals is not a problem for me, so the only way to actually get a charged one 100% is from hero point? what does the quartz crystal node do? only give normal ones? thanks again

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Just think of it as a massive gate if you want celestial gear. new players tend to find the gate at the moment when they start to craft. At which point it’s something like 43 days of remembering to get 25 quartz per go (1075 at 10 s each now) before you can craft your gear.

Someone else can just craft their gear by buying the right amount of whatever t6 mat they need.

It’s been complained about forever, but Anet fail to see it as an issue. Gates are their favourite way of making you log in and ‘play the way they want you to’.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Time gate crafting is the lamest thing ever introduced in GW2, specially when you can craft exactly the same level of weapons and armor without any time gate.

Time gate to craft some exotic gear is just poor design from ANet and should be removed.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Hello!

It needs 5 Charged Quartz Crystal to craft 1 Celestial Intricate Gossamer Insignia.

what were Anet thinking?

That’s why too much, for me to get a full set of Celestial, it will take me 1 month to get that. That’s just inzane if you compare to all the other exotic insignias.

/Dan

For reasons lost to the antiquities of time (and mostly because ANet never really explained them), celestial items were introduced as account bound items, with account bound recipes, requiring account bound mats, that had an account bound time gate.

On the one hand, it’s likely that the original reasons are now moot. On the other, if ANet changed the recipe now (or changed the gating), we’d hear the big whoosing sound of uncharged quartz disappearing even more quickly from the economy.

tl;dr it’s an unfortunate situation and isn’t likely to change soon. For now, I’d recommend one of the suggestions above:

• Farm dry top quartz nodes and hope for charged drops.
  • Buy wintersday or trick-or-treat bags (keep the quartz, sell the rest)
  • Wait it out.

I make a habit of producing many of the time-gated mats/supplies and hoarding them, so that I have more than I need when I want.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

yeah I agree with everything you say Illconceived Was Na. Thanks for the answer.

and ArenaNet really ******up when they made that celestial recipe…guess it will never recover…

Charged Quartz Crystal

Dankan.7158

and honestly, what I was hoping for is that they change from 5 charger crystals to 1 or 2 needed, they way to get the crystals can be the same.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^But, aren’t they account-bound? Otherwise, one could just purchase them on the TP. How does one get one’s family, friends, guildies to ‘charge them up for you’?

Hmm..seems someone removed their post. I really must get in the habit of quoting.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

You need charged quartz for a lot more than just celestial gear. The (arbitrary, unexplained) time gate is, IMO, a problem.

re: Enchanted Map Scraps – These are not governed by RNG. You get the same one from the same type of chest. Loot chests from different regions.(even open world chests drop them) The wiki is your friend:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Treasure_Map

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Melon.2389

Melon.2389

Welcome to Time Game, the Game!!

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

1. Charged Quartz Crystal are Bound to account wich means I can not buy them at TP.
2. Charged Quartz Crystal can only be gathered 1 time per day no matter how much time you have to play, but powerfull blood can be farmed and aquired in one day if so one wishes.
3. Quartz Crystal can be found only on one availeble map + home instance and it is not enough to even charge one crystal so if you are out of Quartz Crystal you still need to buy from TP to be able to keep up to charge one crystal each day.
4 Charged Quartz Crystal need to have a daily daily routine while Powerfull blood comes to you as you play, I havent bothered getting powerfull blood but I have well over 60 of them in my bank, I havent bothered of Charged Quartz Crystal since I gave up Celestial crafting and I have 0 Charged Quartz Crystal in my bank. Now my guild needs millions of them (well atleast over 700 of them).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Crystal Black.8190

Crystal Black.8190

The problem with charged quarz is not that it is time gated. The problem also that there are too many things that require charged quarz are accountbound and that there is literally no income for quarz except drytop and some very rare map bonus rewards. If you try to charge quarz daily you have to buy quarz from the tp.
If they would just add quarz to a bonus found in mithril and charged to oricalchum it would be way better so you could at least gather the 25 crystals a day easier.
Also there is a huge problem in crafting new armor stats. All stuff for them is accountbound, you cant ask a friend with 400 crafting and a lot of charged quarz to craft celestial or sinister gear. You also cant buy it from the trading post you have to get crafting to 400 and get all recipes for yourself unlike the core stattypes, which you can trade. Also a lot of stuff that requires charged quarz is tradable like growlamps, charged ambrit, ley-line infused tools. So why not make the charged quarz itself tradeable?

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

smug mode

I saw that charged quartz could only be crafted once per day.
That was over a year ago.
So I bought 150 stacks of quartz and been crafting it most days.
I now have over 300 charged quartz, and 80 stacks of normal quartz. And thats after I used quite a few for guild upgrades mats.

/smug mode

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Charged Quartz Crystal

Tom Gore.4035

1. Buy t&t bags or wintersday gifts
2. Open
3. Sell everything you get except charged quartz crystals
4. Craft celestial set

slaps forehead

Totally forgot those. Thanks for correcting me, Wanze.

One – Piken Square

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

I agree with the OP – time gated crafting is unreasonable. Why should I wait if I already have all the ingredients? Nonsense.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Tom Gore.4035

I agree with the OP – time gated crafting is unreasonable. Why should I wait if I already have all the ingredients? Nonsense.

Wanze already presented a way to skip the time gate, with money.

There are other time gates in the game, too, like Ascended crafting.

One – Piken Square

Charged Quartz Crystal

Inoki.6048

I recall there was a time when any in-game purchases for real currencies were banned by law as form of gambling. No virtual item should be sold for real money.

What happened?

Charged Quartz Crystal

Tom Gore.4035

I recall there was a time when any in-game purchases for real currencies were banned by law as form of gambling. No virtual item should be sold for real money.

What happened?

1. There was no such time. You’re imagining things. Buying virtual items for real money is perfectly legal.

2. I meant in-game money, as in gold.

One – Piken Square

Charged Quartz Crystal

Inoki.6048

What happened?

1. There was no such time. You’re imagining things. Buying virtual items for real money is perfectly legal.

You meant in-game money, I meant real money – the money you buy real food and real clothes with – when you purchase additional in-game items, e.g. gems, for real money and yer, there was a time like that, perhaps you haven’t played MMOs long enough, but initially it wasn’t allowed, so probably some lobbyists figured out a way to get it legalized.

Stuff like this ruins the game, it gives some great advantage over others and supports gambling, hence it shouldn’t be allowed. But yeah, I know many prefer it for many reasons, one of those being frustration, but that could be remedied if certain game content wasn’t so kitten hard to get.

The basic equation works: make content hard to get > cause frustration > get the user to pay real money = acquire content easily = no frustration.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Tom Gore.4035

The basic equation works: make content hard to get > cause frustration > get the user to pay real money = acquire content easily = no frustration.

You pretty much described the business model of about all Free to Play games, yes. GW2 being a “buy to play” game suffers less of this syndrome and I would hazard to say you can very well play GW2 without ever buying anything from the Gem Store and still not feel frustrated.

But obviously Arenanet cannot support and develop the game on box sales only, so they will need to have some incentive for people to spend more money than just the box. In my opinion, they have found a very good balance between giving enough stuff “free” with the box purchase, and still having enticing offers on the TP which still don’t break the balance of the game against those who do not spend real money on the Gem Store.

The only “more fair” system would be a pay-per-month system with no cash shop at all, but those just don’t work for a larger audience today.

One – Piken Square

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Captain Prinny.6492

Captain Prinny.6492

For example the Enchanted Map scraps. I’ve gotten 3 of them, all number 2. In a year and a half of playing. As far as I can tell I will never ever be able to complete this map.

You dear Sir need to get out a little more ….and do some JPs. Each Scrap is bound to Chests (mostly JP chests) one for each region. So try easy one, like:

Chest in Queensdale in Wolf Cave near the Crossing Waypoint — [&BPIAAAA=] (no JP) Counts for Kryta Map Scrap
“Under new management” JP quick&easy JP right at the portal to LA in Southsun cove

“Shaman’s Rookery” The JP in Wayfarer Foothills in Norn Start area. Counts for Shiverpeaks Map Scrap

“Morgan’s Spiral” The JP in Caledon Forest counting for Maguuma Map Scrap

any JP in Ascalon…. I like Craze’s Folly in Blazeridge Steppes or the Chest down at Rhendark (small chest outside gate)

You could also park an rather unused character at the chest and open the chest once a day until you get a scrap.

If you are one of the “Jumping Handicapped” so-to-speak and you are on an EU server whisper me ingame. I have a truckload of parked mesmers in the JPs (Mule, storage) which can port you to many JPs for this scraps. I am litteraly buried under tons of that scraps….I wish they would give 10 silver each ;-P

Edit:
Better whisper / mail “Dai Shi” which is character from my main account

(edited by Captain Prinny.6492)

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

What happened?

You meant in-game money, I meant real money – the money you buy real food and real clothes with – when you purchase additional in-game items, e.g. gems, for real money and yer, there was a time like that, perhaps you haven’t played MMOs long enough, but initially it wasn’t allowed, so probably some lobbyists figured out a way to get it legalized.

Stuff like this ruins the game, it gives some great advantage over others and supports gambling, hence it shouldn’t be allowed. But yeah, I know many prefer it for many reasons, one of those being frustration, but that could be remedied if certain game content wasn’t so kitten hard to get.

It is not gambling if you cannot win anything. Since everything inside the video game has a worth of exactly $0.00, no matter what virtual shiny object they reward you with you have still won exactly nothing, thus it is not gambling.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Charged Quartz Crystal

BrettM.9062

For example the Enchanted Map scraps. I’ve gotten 3 of them, all number 2. In a year and a half of playing. As far as I can tell I will never ever be able to complete this map.

You dear Sir need to get out a little more ….and do some JPs. Each Scrap is bound to Chests (mostly JP chests) one for each region. So try easy one, like:

Chest in Queensdale in Wolf Cave near the Crossing Waypoint — [&BPIAAAA=] (no JP) Counts for Kryta Map Scrap
“Under new management” JP quick&easy JP right at the portal to LA in Southsun cove

“Shaman’s Rookery” The JP in Wayfarer Foothills in Norn Start area. Counts for Shiverpeaks Map Scrap

“Morgan’s Spiral” The JP in Caledon Forest counting for Maguuma Map Scrap

any JP in Ascalon…. I like Craze’s Folly in Blazeridge Steppes or the Chest down at Rhendark (small chest outside gate)

You could also park an rather unused character at the chest and open the chest once a day until you get a scrap.

If you are one of the “Jumping Handicapped” so-to-speak and you are on an EU server whisper me ingame. I have a truckload of parked mesmers in the JPs (Mule, storage) which can port you to many JPs for this scraps. I am litteraly buried under tons of that scraps….I wish they would give 10 silver each ;-P

Edit:
Better whisper / mail “Dai Shi” which is character from my main account

There are many chests that drop enchanted map scraps but are not at the ends of jp. Some require a few easy jumps, while others require no jumping at all. Sparkfly Fen has six such chests, including two in Shattered Keep. Dry Top has one in Lair of the Beast. Wayfarer Foothills has at least one. Etc.

So, even if you are as “jump impaired” as I am, you can get the map scraps fairly easily. The same procedure got me the ornaments for the Star of Gratitude last Wintersday, and those chests provide my main supply of Empyreal Fragments, so it is worth learning their locations and visiting them regularly.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Khisanth.2948

Maybe, maybe not. Looking at the drop rate on the wiki and the TP there is maybe enough gifts for 6 people in the game to do that if they were going for a full set.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Glass Hand.7306

You need charged quartz for a lot more than just celestial gear. The (arbitrary, unexplained) time gate is, IMO, a problem.

re: Enchanted Map Scraps – These are not governed by RNG. You get the same one from the same type of chest. Loot chests from different regions.(even open world chests drop them) The wiki is your friend:

It says right in the Wiki article you pointed to:

“Scraps randomly drop from open world and jumping puzzle chests, with those in specific regions being more likely to drop certain scraps”

How you think something is going to drop randomly without RNG involvement is beyond me.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Maybe, maybe not. Looking at the drop rate on the wiki and the TP there is maybe enough gifts for 6 people in the game to do that if they were going for a full set.

gifts are forgeable with snowflakes, of those we have plenty.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The thing is that it’s predictable, unlike a lot of things that are governed by the RNG, so you can plan for it.

If you were complaining about something that was RNG governed I’d be a lot more sympathetic. For example the Enchanted Map scraps. I’ve gotten 3 of them, all number 2. In a year and a half of playing. As far as I can tell I will never ever be able to complete this map.

Likewise the stuff in Black Lion Chests. I just don’t buy keys any more. I will never get the 5 ticket scraps I need for a nice skin.

Etc.

I get everything but 2. What chests are you opening for them?

Charged Quartz Crystal

EdgarMTanaka.7291

But… according to Wiki Giant Wintersday gifts do not contain any Charged Quartz crystals. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift

Can you forge other gifts?

Charged Quartz Crystal

Khisanth.2948

But… according to Wiki Giant Wintersday gifts do not contain any Charged Quartz crystals. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift/research_%282013%29 suggests that it is possible but I’ve never gotten one since the fix.

Edit: The patch note also suggests that they shouldn’t drop at all.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-10-2013/3357971

Fixed a bug that caused Charged Quartz Crystals to drop instead of Quartz Crystals.

Charged Quartz Crystal

EdgarMTanaka.7291

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift/research_%282013%29 suggests that it is possible but I’ve never gotten one since the fix.

Edit: The patch note also suggests that they shouldn’t drop at all.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-10-2013/3357971

Fixed a bug that caused Charged Quartz Crystals to drop instead of Quartz Crystals.

ah super…

Charged Quartz Crystal

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

and ArenaNet really ******up when they made that celestial recipe…guess it will never recover…

I have to agree: I see no reason why new players have to pay huge premiums to have access to celestial recipes, especially since the process is already account bound and time gated.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Charged Quartz Crystal

Glass Hand.7306

Etc.

I get everything but 2. What chests are you opening for them?

The one I had recently was Reaper’s Corridor in Diessa Plateau. The others were a while back so I don’t remember.

Charged Quartz Crystal

BrettM.9062

“Scraps randomly drop from open world and jumping puzzle chests, with those in specific regions being more likely to drop certain scraps”

How you think something is going to drop randomly without RNG involvement is beyond me.

I believe Elden means that the TYPE of scrap a chest can give is fixed rather than random. So a chest that gives, say, scrap 1/4 will always give that scrap if it gives a scrap at all. There’s no RNG that will give that chest a chance of dropping 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4. To complete the collection you have to find chests of four different styles, with each style being predominant in a particular region of Tyria.

Charged Quartz Crystal

Glass Hand.7306

I believe Elden means that the TYPE of scrap a chest can give is fixed rather than random.

Possibly the original respondent meant that. However that’s not what the wiki article he cited as support for his idea says.

Once again, with different emphasis:

More likely in this sentence clearly means that one should expect a random process with probabilities weighted to favor a certain scrap type with the weight of a scrap type depending on location. In other words you could get any scrap in any location, with it being more likely that it would be the type listed in the table. Not certainly.

More likely is a clear indication that this is a probabilistic process, which would generally involve some sort of random number generation.

Otherwise there is no reason than just plain error on the part of the wiki author to include the more likely in the description.

If RNG was not a factor in this process the description should read something like this:

“Scraps drop from open world and jumping puzzle chests, with those in specific regions dropping certain scraps”

In other words no reference to ’likelihood" or “randomly”.