Charr Hairstyles - think Manes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Regarding Charr hairstyles…. The female ones espacially have been a great disapointment, often comming with heavy clipping etc, espacially the last load of female charr hairstyles. I havnt seen ONE SINGLE person using them in-game.

I think. Instead of thinking human hairstyles on Charrs (wild guess where they pick inspiration from)… Think MANES. Horse manes, Hyena manes, Goats and other horned animals often also have a ridge of mane-like hair…. Look in the animal kingdon. All sorts of creature have manes, wild as domesticated.

Got any cool mane-pictures or drawings? Post them here to get the inspiration going!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Shaylus.6124

Shaylus.6124

Tbh the male hairstyles aren’t so bad, the female hairstyles seem to consistently be bad and always look like they were rushed or there was less effort put in.

i 100% agree and if most outfits look bad on charr we could atleast get some better hair styles lol.

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

What boggles the mind is when I found the newly released content made specifically for charr (i.e. hair styles) clips heavilly into heads, horns of all shapes and ears. Come on, that’s not even lazy effort :[ I know we’re measly ten per cent of your playerbase, but that’s still a few thousand people.

I definitely support the mane idea as inspiration. The various basic styles we got with launch were good, but I have to struggle to find more than one goodlooking hairdo from the exclusive BL set.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

What boggles the mind is when I found the newly released content made specifically for charr (i.e. hair styles) clips heavilly into heads, horns of all shapes and ears. Come on, that’s not even lazy effort :[ I know we’re measly ten per cent of your playerbase, but that’s still a few thousand people.

I definitely support the mane idea as inspiration. The various basic styles we got with launch were good, but I have to struggle to find more than one goodlooking hairdo from the exclusive BL set.

It looks like when they rush things before deadlines or consider how much effort should be put into it, they not only consider the race popularity, but gender popularity within the race as well.
Look at outfit differences between male and female charr for example.
Some that don’t clip with tail on males do clip on females, plus there are more charr specific features like tail decoration etc.

Where did you get the 10%?
Is there something official other then post-launch statistics?
Perhaps an average from more then one internet surveys?

Posted by: seineith.7048

seineith.7048

I totally agree, I’ve always wanted a legit charr mane. The newer hairstyles have been funky and interesting, but I couldn’t really take them seriously.

NERDKITTEN | ICE TI
http://twitch.tv/nerdkitten

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

This is why my charr had a sexchange actually

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: KallaDragoone.9125

KallaDragoone.9125

I like this idea! Now they need to add more horn options…