Charr Mount Size

Charr Mount Size

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Legnus.6534

Legnus.6534

I took some Screenshots of a Charr and a Human warrior at the same place while riding the raptor mount, and I must say.. the Raptor mount seems a bit small on Charr players.

My suggestion would be to increase the size of this mount for Charr players (and NPCs if its a problem with them too). I say that because when I was playing a Charr I felt like this mount (raptor) was having a very hard time carrying me.

While playing a Human it was fine, it felt very nice like the raptor was strong enough that he really didn’t care if it was carrying one or even 2 humans.

PS: also on those screenshots it looks like the Human raptor is indeed bigger than Charr raptor.

Attachments:

Charr Mount Size

Posted by: LimeSamurai.9140

LimeSamurai.9140

Mount size is based on the height of the character, not race.

Tudes

Charr Mount Size

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

jup i have the same on my charr.. smaller compared to human..

Charr Mount Size

Posted by: Adenin.5973

Adenin.5973

That’s how it works.

Charr Mount Size

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I like the size of the raptor on the Charr – Charr and Norn perfectly sit in the saddle, while Humans, Sylvari, and Asura struggle to fit in it. As a human, it’s like riding a massive dinosaur. As a Charr, it feels like riding a slightly less-cowardly and far more fun Saurus from Quest for Glory 2.

Charr Mount Size

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

If that is the case they need to adjust their parameters to account for race too. A short Norn or Charr is a tall human or Sylvari. While Asura are in a whole ’nother category. I made my Beta Asura max height and her raptor was bigger than the one carrying a male norn four times her size. It looked ridiculous. Every Charr on I saw on a raptor looked equally as bad.

I pretty much like everything else about the raptor mounts, I know some folks have issue with how squishy the controls feel, but you are controlling a large animal with it’s own brain. It took some getting used to but I’m down with it. I even lol every time the Raptor skids to a stop.

Charr Mount Size

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Had another thought. If Anet has the capability to do it, give us a mount size slider in our appearance pane. Then you could set the upper and lower limits based on race. And let the players decide if they want to look like an action figure on a Great Dane or like this:

Attachments: