Charr Tails in Ghostly Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maskofevil.8327

maskofevil.8327

I absolutely love the way the Ghostly Outfit looks on my Charr character. The one problem is.. my Charr is female, and this outfit gives her a male tail. PLEASE Anet, fix the tail appearance for the Ghostly Outfit. I find it extremely off putting seeing my female Charr with a male tail

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

My guess is that the tail was replaced to make a black tail the same way that the legs on the Lich costume are replaced with those hoved legs. The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Lich outfit has a male and female version. This outfit however only has a male version (it removes female breasts too). So your female Charr has a male tail. So for them to give your female Charr a female tail they’d have to make a female version of the outfit. Which I don’t expect them to do now that it’s finished and sold.

Posted by: Schewe.1673

Schewe.1673

It definitely could be an oversight and would be nice of them to correct it if so. The Lich outfit originally removed Charr tails altogether, which was fixed in a later patch— so who knows! Sad to say but Charr players aren’t really a top priority for ANet by any means.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

This outfit however only has a male version (it removes female breasts too). So your female Charr has a male tail.

It doesn’t. The charr tail is a separate issue, but probably keeping with the aesthetic of the outfit (uniformity). CoF armor does the same thing for example.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ghostly-outfit-male-version-for-everyone/6379334

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

Agreed, it might be a minor QoL thing, but as a Charr fanatic it really puts me off too. Same with the head – which is also a male charr face.
Would be overjoyed if the outfits supported female charr as well – tails and heads alike. Know there are more pressing matters then this, but one can hope.

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

My guess is that the tail was replaced to make a black tail the same way that the legs on the Lich costume are replaced with those hoved legs. The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Lich outfit has a male and female version. This outfit however only has a male version (it removes female breasts too). So your female Charr has a male tail. So for them to give your female Charr a female tail they’d have to make a female version of the outfit. Which I don’t expect them to do now that it’s finished and sold.

Not so. There are other outfits that use the same model for male charr and female charr, but the female charr still have the female tail.
Balthazar’s Regalia Outfit and Sentinel Outfit both alter the charr’s tail—but males have male tails and females have female tails

Attachments:

Chad.6104

Not so. There are other outfits that use the same model for male charr and female charr, but the female charr still have the female tail.
Balthazar’s Regalia Outfit and Sentinel Outfit both alter the charr’s tail—but males have
male tails and females have female tails

Or it means they didn’t remove the tail in your two examples but that they left the tail in place but changed how the the tail is colored when dyeing the armor. In this case, if
you notice, the tail is both changed in color to match the head (and hands) and not affected by dyeing the armor, so the specifics of it are different.

Weindrasi.3805

Balthazar’s Regalia Outfit and Sentinel Outfit both alter the charr’s tail—but males have

Or it means they didn’t remove the tail in your two examples but that they left the tail in place but changed how the the tail is colored when dyeing the armor. In this case, if
you notice, the tail is both changed in color to match the head (and hands) and not affected by dyeing the armor, so the specifics of it are different.

Not true. You can change the color of the flames in Sentinel Armor—which I didn’t post a screenshot of originally. The charr tale is dye-able.
Edited: Here is a screenshot. See? Dyed female tail.

Attachments:

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

Chad.6104

My guess is that the tail was replaced to make a black tail the same way that the legs on the Lich costume are replaced with those hoved legs. The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Lich outfit has a male and female version. This outfit however only has a male version (it removes female breasts too). So your female Charr has a male tail. So for them to give your
female Charr a female tail they’d have to make a female version of the outfit. Which I don’t expect them to do now that it’s finished and sold.

Not so. There are other outfits that use the same model for male charr and female
charr, but the female charr still have the female tail.

Or it means they didn’t remove the tail in your two examples but that they left the
tail in place but changed how the the tail is colored when dyeing the armor
. In this case, if you notice, the tail is both changed in color to match the head (and hands) and not affected by dyeing the armor, so the specifics of it are different.

Not true. You can change the color of the flames in Sentinel Armor—which I didn’t
post a screenshot of originally. The charr tale is dye-able.

Please re-read what I wrote. I said that the tails were not removed in your two examples (the Sentinel and Balthazar armors.) They made them affected by the armor dyes but otherwise left them in place.

Where I said “in this case, if you notice, the tail is both changed in color to match the heads (and hands) and not affected by dyeing the armor so the specifics of it are different” I was referring to the Ghostly outfit.

Edit: so what it looks like, in order for the tail to be black the tail was removed and a standard black charr tail was added to the charr outfit. And since only a male outfit was made there is only a male charr tail for both sexes.

(edited by Chad.6104)

Weindrasi.3805

My guess is that the tail was replaced to make a black tail the same way that the legs on the Lich costume are replaced with those hoved legs. The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Lich outfit has a male and female version. This outfit however only has a male version (it removes female breasts too). So your female Charr has a male tail. So for them to give your
female Charr a female tail they’d have to make a female version of the outfit. Which I don’t expect them to do now that it’s finished and sold.

Not so. There are other outfits that use the same model for male charr and female
charr, but the female charr still have the female tail.

Or it means they didn’t remove the tail in your two examples but that they left the
tail in place but changed how the the tail is colored when dyeing the armor
. In this case, if you notice, the tail is both changed in color to match the head (and hands) and not affected by dyeing the armor, so the specifics of it are different.

Not true. You can change the color of the flames in Sentinel Armor—which I didn’t
post a screenshot of originally. The charr tale is dye-able.

Please re-read what I wrote. I said that the tails were not removed in your two examples (the Sentinel and Balthazar armors.) They made them affected by the armor dyes but otherwise left them in place.

Where I said “in this case, if you notice, the tail is both changed in color to match the heads (and hands) and not affected by dyeing the armor so the specifics of it are different” I was referring to the Ghostly outfit.

Edit: so what it looks like, in order for the tail to be black the tail was removed and a standard black charr tail was added to the charr outfit. And since only a male outfit was made there is only a male charr tail for both sexes.

Hmm. Could be. I have no idea how the outfits are made. Nonetheless, I certainly wish this outfit reflected the gendered charr tails.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I agree that its probably caused by the fact that the outfit actually removes the tail and adds a different model.

However, even if that is the case it should still be trivial to fix. Just copy-paste the data for the male Charr outfit, switch out the tail model, and apply it to a female version of the skin. There are a handful of outfits that do have different models for male and female Charr, so the functionality isn’t a problem there.

Hopefully they do so. Its a small thing, but consistency is good.