Charr and their armour

Charr and their armour

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kreg.3945

Kreg.3945

This may be the wrong place for this thread, and if that is the case I shall apologize ahead of time.

Allow me to preface the following request by saying that I have played this game since it launched, and my first and main character was a Charr Engineer. This was partly done to annoy my friends who had played GW1 and insisted that the Charr were an evil race of vagabonds that burned down kingdoms for the giggles (spoilers); and partly because, to me, they fitted the Engineer fantasy best. I love my little cat-monster, and I look forward to many more years of dragon bashing with him.

HOWEVER

One thing that has partly annoyed and partly disappointed me has been the way that a lot of armour (light, medium and heavy) has looked on Charr. I am a vain player; I have spent way too much gold (in my humble opinion) on dyes and the like, and am consistently confronted by armour that looks amazing on the other (lesser) races of Tyria, but falls short of its fabulousness when it comes to Charr.

The most disappointing for me was the Magitech armour and the Mad Scientist outfit. They both look amazing! On everything that doesn’t have four ears, four horns and fur. I love the look and image of a Mad Scientist wearing a lab coat covered in potentially explosive alchemical elixirs; and the Magitech armour fits so perfectly for the Scrapper out and about in town. Like I said, I am a vain player and I would love to have a coat that flows behind me as a lope across the battlefield, slaughtering the enemies of my Imperator; sadly I cannot.

So, after a lot of saying nothing, my request:

Dear Arenanet, pretty, pretty please adjust the armour in the game so that Charr can look as epic as Humans, Norn, Asura and Sylvari. I know that you must be very busy with Living World Season 3 (very excited), but it would be the most wonderful thing. I am by no means educated in coding or game design, but I imagine it might have something to do with the armours being coded to stop at the ankles, which are much higher on a Charr, rather than at a set distance to the ground, like the Rubicon armour or the Arcanist costume.

If you do this, and I would so love you to, I will be first in line to purchase both of those from the Gem Store the moment the change happened.

Faithfully, Kreg.3945

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

a-net making fitting charr armor…

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I completely agree with you, OP! So many armor designs just don’t look as good on Charr, especially medium armor in my opinion. I also am frustrated at how female Charr don’t get their own designs. No, they don’t need to be revealing or have fake boobs in them, but I wish there was at least something to differentiate the two sexes, armor-wise. Mainly because, if I make a Charr, it’s going to be female.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Couldnt agree more….. 9 out of my 11 characters are charr…. Including ny main.

Kima & Co

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Charrmour. I will call it Charrmour.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

At the very least, I wish they’d fix the anatomy errors in the Charr cultural armor (Light T3’s the worst in this regard. Frankly, I wish they’d made the charr civilian outfits medium and light cultural armors. And the T1 Heavy forgot how to protect the Charr’s ears)

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Charr and Asura needs to get their armor re-polished.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

This is actually why I don’t have a charr. Stretchy textures, ill fits, etc. would bug me to no end. i’m into Fashion Wars 2 as well, and the charr are just not competitors atm. I mean, it’s understandable, because their anatomy is unique (same for the asura to a lesser extent), but maybe when we get a charr-centric LS or xpac they’ll be able to focus more on it. The royal guard armour was really, really nice on charrs !

Charr and their armour

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

yeah .. ummm … sure. are you new to guildwars2 by any chance?

Attachments:

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Interestingly some armors actually do look great on them, like on some there’s even a flap for the tail that moves realistically and such. But yea, many just clip right through or don’t fit right. You can find good ones though if you look.

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Charr and Asura needs to get their armor re-polished.

ASURA AXIOM #42:

Every armor worn by an Asura looks great. Because of the Asura (superior beings, rulers of the world, etc. etc.).

Any other sensation is a mistake

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Asura are superior, cynical and very, very egotistical. But they are not stupid. They know when their toes are piercing their boots.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Charr and their armour

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

They know when their toes are piercing their boots.

freedom

Attachments:

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Charr and their armour

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Before SAB riot, there was same sized riot about charr armors and it caused no change. ANET behaved liked it never happen. So its most likely nothing will happen now as well.

Oh wait, Colin is not here anymore… yeah, something might be actually done, but I wouldn’t expect it anytime soon.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Charr and their armour

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Couldnt agree more….. 9 out of my 11 characters are charr…. Including ny main.

Conspiracy.