Charr faces/hairs/horns in dire need

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

I mean it would be nice if we got some legitimately good looking faces, and hairs that dont scream “Anime hair” or “this cat got beat waaay to many times.”. I feel like some that look legitimately Cat-like, and have more feral/predatory nature about them? Like why cant we make a saber-tooth tiger? A legit Lion? A legit Tiger? Or any number of feline sub-species, Its kind of sad that we always get the short end of the stick. Id like too see a bit more detail put into them, maybe some faces with scars? Make it look like they have seen some kitten, I mean with all the infighting and being trained since birth and all. Id love to be able to make a cave-lion/white lion looking charr that legitimately looks like its base.

How about some new horns? We have not gotten any of those AT ALL, nor ears or really anything to do with us. We got some new faces and they are hardly worthy of standing beside the other races new additions. Some longer hairs that dont look like they came from Dragon ball z/naruto? I mean like Dread locks or something, some that run down to the chars shoulders. Or even more colorful designs that are not freaking ridiculous. I feel part of the reason Charr are so underplayed is because they just look ugly, and their hairs and horns are all bleh. Like Norn looks great, humans do as do sylvari and even asuran to an extent. But charr facially and Hair/horn wise look the worst, its not their body shape that throws people off its their what the hell faces. Underbites, over bites and teeth that would make it IMPOSSIBLE to eat or speak it just says they were rushed. Not to mention alot of the faces had muppet physics till HoT and some still too this day look kitten y as hell.

Id like to see some solid options, both added to char creation and more added to the total make-over kit. Im sure you would see a WHOLE lot my charr mains if they could look fearsome, and not like they need braces and a facelift.

Posted by: GreyCatfish.9356

GreyCatfish.9356

Yeah and probably we’ll get another super sayan stylized face/hair or something even more creepy. I would love to see at least few more natural looking faces (like base female faces for example)
Stuff for humans is always the top priority. Charr and asura are the lowest point of interest and all we got are a laughable faces/hair, stretched and clipping armors.
I play this game since first BWE and situation for charr is still the same…

Posted by: Chip.9267

Chip.9267

Wtb Rytlock face!!!

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

My first ever toon was a female Charr. I regret deleting her. Despite the clipping and awkward armor skins on them they’re still my favorite race. Would love to see new Charr horns/hairstyles that are more natural. I would like to see a tiger face! I don’t think any of the male ones have a tiger theme. There was one that looked kind of like a lion. Anyway, look forward to any new features for Charr.

Posted by: Devard.9315

Devard.9315

I would be happy getting my proper Male Charr voice back. instead i sound like i ate a Hylek.

as for Faces/Hair , after the first 2 Batches everything else became just silly …and not “Ha Ha” silly but just “WTF you doing Anet” silly. you guys wanna sell Makeover Kits ? then bloody add stuff thats not ripped out a Anime, or Looks ok but slams its face through 90% of all Headware

GreyCatfish.9356

I was so hyped to buy PoF, but then I saw a topic “New Faces in makeover kit” – human only… Now I think all armors in PoF will be human only too (like usual)

It’s so sad that charr (especially charr) and asura players are always left behind since launch.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’d like all-black fur. That’s the biggest thing for me.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Since charr are charr and not cats, they could get faces INSPIRED by lions, tigers and sabretooth tiger. I think by morphing feline facial features with deer or goat/ram typer of animal’s facial features we could get more gracefull loking charr faces (even for male charr). Too many of the male faces look like dogs…

And more horns…. many threads have offers good ideas for this.
And hair… detailed like human new ones. Smaller (many male hairstyles are HUGE) and not plain silly looking ones (especially for male charr)…

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

GreyCatfish.9356

Too many male faces look like this We really need at least few more options.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Wtb Rytlock face!!!

You can create that face, it’s already in the game, among the basic faces (if I remember correctly).

I think this thread is about “normal” looking faces (like the female ones), not monstrous ones like Rytlock’s.

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Yes, I would love more options for my Charr characters, atleast a face that has a glorious beard like rytlock has

Posted by: Chip.9267

Chip.9267

Wtb Rytlock face!!!

You can create that face, it’s already in the game, among the basic faces (if I remember correctly).

I think this thread is about “normal” looking faces (like the female ones), not monstrous ones like Rytlock’s.

Its close but not the same face.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Its important for some of you to remember that the Charr are Charr, not merely (semi) bipedal cats. Their facial structure isn’t going to line up with big cats like tigers and lions (for example Charr have a more elongated face compared to big or medium cats, which is why some of them have a slight canine look to them). As for ‘ridiculousness’ of some faces or hair styles, well….thats kinda this game’s MO.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

I just want a single horn that fits above the right eye.

“Kasmeer, I’m already a demon.”

Attachments:

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Too many male faces look like this We really need at least few more options.

It’s pretty much the only one out of the new faces that isn’t totally diseased, perma-facepaint, or tongue-lolling dumb. :\

And of course, that one spikey, Final Fantasy-inspired hairdo is part of the meta.

So yeah, can we get some newer faces/horns/etc that are attractive enough to use but still convey ferocity?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Wtb Rytlock face!!!

You can create that face, it’s already in the game, among the basic faces […]

Its close but not the same face.

I am pretty certain it is exactly the same face, you just need to adjust the colors properly.

I’ll create a Rytlock for you during the next demo weekend, then we’ll know for sure.

Frostfang.5109

Rytlocks teeth dont need a dentist makeover (wich the players option do) and Rytlocks “beard” is also made finer/smoother compared to the players option.
Chip is right.

Kima & Co

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Most of charr faces really are the stuff of nightmares. Charr aren’t supposedly beautiful but kitten it, it’s beyond horrible to see.

I’ve never even thought of changing my face or even getting out of this 5 years old preset for this reason.

Attachments:

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Part of the difference I guess is that male charr faces are supposed to be a bit more bestial to distinguish them from the females, who are a bit more cat-like. But there’s still some space for variety within those constraints for non-ugly-stick faces – e.g. perhaps something a bit like this guy but in his earlier years? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcanist_Aurelio_Shiverpaw

The key might be the reasonably-sized teeth. Also, there possibly should be more male charr faces with lion-type (round) pupils rather than cat-type (slit) pupils… the females get a lot more variety there.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Frostfang.5109

I’d buy so many makeover kits if A-net met our request…..

Kima & Co

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

just to check, is rox’s face template in game?

Thornwolf.9721

http://wallpapercave.com/wp/1OTVP9r.jpg Id love to be able to make my male charr have this face, with long eye-teeth like a sabertooth tiger.

They do need more feline faces on both genders, Because yes they do look almost doglike. Just because they are Charr and Not cat’s does not mean we cant have more feline like faces, with better hair/manes. New detailed horns are a must, I Feel like we could really get some great stuff with how all the new stuff looks.

Id really like to make a legit Lion for the desert, but at this point its kind of a pipe dream…

Frostfang.5109

just to check, is rox’s face template in game?

Its is….. and it looks horrible with most slider options.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’m hoping the design team will do what they did for humans to every other race; which is release 6 detailed faces that aren’t re-skins & silly anime hair but actually something that would fit the charr lore as far as fashion goes (which isn’t much of what we’d call fashion) 4-6 detailed completely new charr faces, horns and hairstyles. But each cosmetic makeover update is dedicated to 1 specific race. Like the next cosmetic makeover is charr, then after that it’s sylvari then asura then norn for example. Why? So they can focus better on giving us things we want as far as makeover go. I prefer that Instead of getting 3 faces and hairs for everyone at once that are “okay” that don’t fit the aesthetic of that race at all.

TL;DR – each cosmetic/ makeover update focuses on one race at a time to achieve more detailed faces & hairstyles in a larger quantity.

Frostfang.5109

^^ So much what Chasind says!!!!

Kima & Co

Thornwolf.9721

I’m hoping the design team will do what they did for humans to every other race; which is release 6 detailed faces that aren’t re-skins & silly anime hair but actually something that would fit the charr lore as far as fashion goes (which isn’t much of what we’d call fashion) 4-6 detailed completely new charr faces, horns and hairstyles. But each cosmetic makeover update is dedicated to 1 specific race. Like the next cosmetic makeover is charr, then after that it’s sylvari then asura then norn for example. Why? So they can focus better on giving us things we want as far as makeover go. I prefer that Instead of getting 3 faces and hairs for everyone at once that are “okay” that don’t fit the aesthetic of that race at all.

TL;DR – each cosmetic/ makeover update focuses on one race at a time to achieve more detailed faces & hairstyles in a larger quantity.

I kinda want this to be the case too, but with how little they seem to care about charr im not sure they would be next. It would probably be the salad people, or the taller people considering they have more of a player base.

But I could be entirely wrong, and who knows they might surprise us. We should all post pictures of what we want, or a rough Idea so they dont just think “What should we do?”

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

PLEASE YES, we need THIS

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

10/10 do want, if they can make stuff actually fit on the new faces. most of the helmets dont fit properly(eye slits above the eyes, floating helmets etc) whee…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Thornwolf.9721

10/10 do want, if they can make stuff actually fit on the new faces. most of the helmets dont fit properly(eye slits above the eyes, floating helmets etc) whee…

ah the joys of maining a charr…

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Yeah i totally agree, charrs need more options….

after i changed my class (i must change my class….before i was 3 years a mesmer…but after that last patch my heal feels broken ( i used the mantra and had fun…but now thief makes more fun)…and after playing so long a sylvari i choose to play my female charr thief that was created at the same time as my mesmer…but never really played….

and i must say: i really, really, really love the charr, but the options are not really great i just found 1 combination from hair / horns and faces that i really liked….and i was like: wow sylvari had so much options and i could not decide and here it is like: oh just 1 option that i liked? need more…

also i wish we had more cultural options AND some changes to existing armor….the tail is often clipping through the armor….so that my options for non clipping things is limited….(but this game has great armors, just…not for my now loved charr…..)

Most (but not all ) outfits have no clipping at the tail and i really love that…also: we have 2 outfits that look different on each race (wedding, cook) and i thought: why they dont make some armor that has the same effect? So that every race can wear it and it looks different on each race (and not like you click to look what it looks like and then see that only “that race” can wear it….and not your race)….

But yeah: more options for charr please.

Posted by: Devard.9315

Devard.9315

ah the joys of maining a charr…

a charr ? all my classes are charr ! i play nothing else, helmets are a luxury i cant afford..

Frostfang.5109

i’d like:

For HORNS:

• Red deer/Mule deer inspired Antlers
  • Ram inspired horns
  • Gazelle Inspired, tvisted/spirally horns

For FACES: More feline faces for male charr, less ugly-dog-like. I’d like to see faces inspired by Sabretooth tiger and Lion. *By mixing/morphing the feline features with Deer/Goat Facial features I think we could get a suitable more slender charr face. Also I’d like to see male charr with only the canines sticking out (like many female charr have) and not like today… all teeth pointing everywhere or all hidden.

For HAIRSTYLES: Less goofy and huge (espacially among male charr) – we have had enough of that already. Fine detailed like the last setup for humans. Braided and dreaded in different styles. Some with feathers in it maybe (all we have now is bones and random metal junk).

For FUR PATTERNS: Oryx Inspired fur pattern!! I’m so missing something like that!

Kima & Co

Thornwolf.9721

i’d like:

For HORNS:

• Red deer/Mule deer inspired Antlers
  • Ram inspired horns
  • Gazelle Inspired, tvisted/spirally horns

For FACES: More feline faces for male charr, less ugly-dog-like. I’d like to see faces inspired by Sabretooth tiger and Lion. *By mixing/morphing the feline features with Deer/Goat Facial features I think we could get a suitable more slender charr face. Also I’d like to see male charr with only the canines sticking out (like many female charr have) and not like today… all teeth pointing everywhere or all hidden.

For HAIRSTYLES: Less goofy and huge (espacially among male charr) – we have had enough of that already. Fine detailed like the last setup for humans. Braided and dreaded in different styles. Some with feathers in it maybe (all we have now is bones and random metal junk).

For FUR PATTERNS: Oryx Inspired fur pattern!! I’m so missing something like that!

You, I like you.

GreyCatfish.9356

I’d buy so many makeover kits if A-net met our request…..

…a charr ? all my classes are charr ! i play nothing else, helmets are a luxury i cant afford..

^ So much this ^

I would like to see somethinng similar to this for my female characters

Attachments:

Thornwolf.9721

Maybe a face that is similar to a bears? Just because we are not complete cat’s so some other predators outside of canines might be good too <3

Frostfang.5109

Dont forget to +1 all amazing ideas here! I have +1’ed many of them

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)