Chats...

Chats...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Current chat commands are:
/g, /s, /p, /t, /w, /m, /d & /w

Why are there no WvW chats?
We could only chat with our world in WvW.
Wouldn’t it be cool to have cross server chat in WvW?
Something like /o for Open World Chat.
Then it would be a full pvp experience.
Now it feels like we are fighting opponents with a perma mute button switch on.

Would be great if HoT would implement this chat function (which is the norm for all mmos)
WvW would be a whole new experience & drama lol!
That’s what made people keep coming back. For revenge!
Now its like ok i died or they died. Respawn. Rinse & Repeat.
All in silence. Like in a Charlie Chaplin movie.

Chats...

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You wouldnt be able to talk at all as enemy would be running bot script to deny any communication.

And if by chance they dont, people would troll and write everything thats going on. If you think spies are bad now, wait until every kitten is a spy.

Chats...

Jabronee.9465

True. But came to think of it, spies are everywhere anywhere.
They could be in you squad all along or on ts and no one would noticed.
Or dev could make open world chat not like /m or /w but let it have a radius of 3-5k distance only. Or it could only active with >10 men zerg.
It would be hilarious.

Chats...

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I don’t meant to sound rude or anything, but if you think chat drama is a good aspect of the game (Whether it’s in WvW, PvP or anywhere else) you need to seriously re-examine how you’re playing the game.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Chats...

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

That mentality is just like saying "There are people committing crimes anyway, so why keep polices? "
An open WvW chat would make the spies life much easier, and servers could even get info from people that type stuff accidentally.

If you want to talk with a friend from other server in WvW party with them and talk.
If you want to trash talk with the other server, well … just don’t.
If you want to be a soy but are too lazy, then you can’t be one.
If you expect the servers to have a nice chat in that open WvW channel, you are delusional haha.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Chats...

Jabronee.9465

I don’t meant to sound rude or anything, but if you think chat drama is a good aspect of the game (Whether it’s in WvW, PvP or anywhere else) you need to seriously re-examine how you’re playing the game.

Fact: WvW = War. Massive scale battle vs other servers with tons of pvpers.
And if that is not already a drama, i dont know what is. But it’s on —> Silent Mode <--
If you despise guild drama, hey i’m with you.
How i play the game is i could /m & /s with the opposing team in sPvp (players vs players) but not in WvW. Isn’t WvW are players vs players too?

Chats...

Belzebu.3912

Talk in a 5v5 environment that last for 15 mins is very different than a 100v100 that last for 1 week one.

Chats...

Jabronee.9465

If you expect the servers to have a nice chat in that open WvW channel, you are delusional haha.

So you rather watch silent War Movies than those with sounds?
Well each to their own preference i guess. lol!

Chats...

Belzebu.3912

What was the last war movie you watched where the opposing sides was “chatting”, besides occasional official communications between leaders?
All the ones I watched the characters talked among their side.

Chats...

Jabronee.9465

Talk in a 5v5 environment that last for 15 mins is very different than a 100v100 that last for 1 week one.

Talk is talk. So you trying to say people talk differently in 15mins? lol!
But wait, please enlightened me of the differences if you may.

Chats...

Belzebu.3912

Talk is talk. So you trying to say people talk differently in 15mins? lol!
But wait, please enlightened me of the differences if you may.

What I chat with people I meet in the line of a supermarket’s cash is different from what I talk with people I meet in a weekend travel I do, or with people that I meet in an 1 week course.

Chats...

Posted by: PzTnT.7198

PzTnT.7198

The only thing this game seriously needs in the way of chat is custom channels. Why an MMO in this day and age doesn’t have that already is beyond me.

If you are reading this you have finished reading my post and are now reading my signature.

Chats...

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

The only thing this game seriously needs in the way of chat is custom channels. Why an MMO in this day and age doesn’t have that already is beyond me.

You do know you can customise your channels, right?

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Chats...

Belzebu.3912

Depends to what level of customization you want.
Currently we can create many tabs and each tab you can choose which channels you want.

Chats...

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

This is a terrible idea.

What would the chat channel be used for, specifically? It would just be full of non-constructive taunts, trolls and people ruining the game experience by constantly updating everybody where each zerg is.

@Jabronee
The difference between PvP map chat (where teams can speak to each other) and consequences, are these:
-PvP lasts 10 minutes, WvW lasts 1 week
-Tactical information in PvP isn’t particularly useful: you can see if the enemy is decapping something or if they are in combat… and then you can run there within a matter of seconds. It is a much faster game.
-Teams are of 5 people in PvP… if there are any trolls saying who is where/what they are going to do, it doesn’t have any huge repercussions.
-An organised team wouldn’t release tactic information to the other team, so PvP tournaments (anything of importance) don’t suffer from anything like this. Unfortunately, a WvW team isn’t really organised- you can’t trust everybody in the zerg to act like sensible human beings.
-If one person was stubborn enough to continue to release constant tactical information to enemy teams, hundreds of people could lose out on winning a WvW tournament and prizes.

Why do you need a multi-server map-chat in WvW? To chit-chat about random things? Why isn’t your own single-server mapchat, say-chat or even guild-chat suitable?

Why hasn’t it been implemented already? Because it would ruin WvW and would require a huge amount of moderation by Anet because of verbal abuse. The reason why PvP is considered toxic is because of the taunting from opposing teams… so imagine that but with more people to get involved and upset.

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Chats...

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So you rather watch silent War Movies than those with sounds?
Well each to their own preference i guess. lol!

You realize that silent movies had no sound effects whatsoever, just some music and text, right? Very rarely did one side have intimate conversations with the enemy side, in any of the war movies I’ve seen. Most war movies they shoot the enemy, that’s it. They talk amongst themselves, every now and then you might hear some yelling in the distance that is completely unintelligible.

What war are people able to yell across the battlefield to have a clear conversation with the enemy, I mean how close do you think each side is to eachother in war? And in a big melee I can tell you that nobody is stopping to have a conversation. You are fighting. In many cases just the different languages alone prevent each side from being able to speak.

I dunno, the open chat would be completely unrealistic in addition to facilitating spying.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Chats...

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Chat drama is the reason i sit in LA then again its usually me who is part of the drama. :P

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Chats...

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

What confuses me is there’s cross chat in SPvP but there isn’t in WvW.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Chats...

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

So yesterday it was port to commander, and today it is chat time with the enemy… please stop trying to ruin wvw…

Chats...

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You do know you can customise your channels, right?

You can’t create your own channel to invite people to, however. That would allow much greater flexibility in social circles.

As to the cross-chat in WvW, no just no! They set it up as they did, including concealing player names from the enemy and turning them into faceless mist marauders, specifically to avoid targeted grudges. Early on there was a bug with Team Chat where everyone in the map could read it. I don’t think that turned into trash talk (people were still all happy to see each other in this great new game) but it did make coordination difficult.

Nowadays you’d just be getting nastygrams left and right. ANet wants people to play WvW, not flee from racist cussing. Sure block and report works on individuals but once you get a critical mass of it it will always be there.

And that’s what the OP is asking for by requesting a chance for “chat drama.” We don’t need drama like that.

Chats...

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

What confuses me is there’s cross chat in SPvP but there isn’t in WvW.

It’s most useful in custom arenas/guild arenas, but sometimes it’s nice to acknowledge your oppostion after a match with a “gg”… it is also useful to point out if somebody is AFK too.

These things aren’t factors in WvW.

However, in PvP map chat is often used to taunt and jibe, either from poor-winners or bad-losers.

I’d much rather have inter-team chat removed from PvP rather than introduced into WvW. :P

Chats...

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

They made a point of it not having a chat, and I agree with it. You can emote to other teams, and I am not very happy about how they can whisper me as it is.

The main reason that I think all of this is because of what I use WvW for, namely as a means to get my poor carebear buddies addicted to the drug that is pvp. It removes one of the nastier side effects, namely 12 year olds using every bad word they ever heard, while providing a silent antagonist that requires skill to defeat (sometimes). Its like they are playing pve, except the things they fight are more interesting to fight.

They then find normal pve to lose its shine, as the things there simply arn’t challenging anymore, so they wvw more and more. And at one point they rage because they got hit by a zerg during a good 1v1 for the upteenth time, to which I promptly mention that pvp has set team numbers…

;)