Chest of Loyalty for Legendary in HoT

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Values.5278

Values.5278

If one’ s primary goal is Legendary crafting (Old or new – unsure yet), which chest of loyalty option is best?

Obviously the Ascended box is out the window, as are the 6 Tomes, since 6 spirit shards is paltry.

So it’s between Legendary mats, which seems like it’d be the obvious winner based on name, or 20 Laurels.

But it looks like Mystic Clovers might not be used in the HoT Legendaries? (At least, the Wiki didn’t seem to think so, or it didn’t include information on the new part that would use them). 20 Laurels can at least convert into more Obsidian shards for either Legendary batch.

What’s the word on this?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Ascended mats or Laurels. Depending if you’re feeling lucky or not.

With the current price of the Ascended mats vs. T6 mats the favor seems to be shifting on the ascended mats choice.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Originally the laurel box was a clear choice (due to the laurel->t6 exchange), but now that t6 mat prices went down, Ascended box might be on the rise. Legendary box was never even a runner up, by the way.

I’m pretty sure that some of the more economically minded forumites might have actual numbers to make the right choice more apparent.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Values.5278

Values.5278

I considered that they looked the most profitable, but I’m not sure how grabbing the ascended mats helps on some areas of legendary progression. It may make the most money, but how does that help you if you need the clovers, which are largely BoA items?

Won’t you end up wasting time (=money) by then needing to farm the clover mats (paritcularly obsidian shards) or karma?

(edited by Values.5278)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Clovers are by far your least problem when crafting a legendary. Trust me. Money you will need on the other hand. Lots. Of. Money.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Ascended mats or Laurels. Depending if you’re feeling lucky or not.

With the current price of the Ascended mats vs. T6 mats the favor seems to be shifting on the ascended mats choice.

What about WvW infusions and the cool dragon helmet and gas mask sets?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Clovers are by far your least problem when crafting a legendary. Trust me. Money you will need on the other hand. Lots. Of. Money.

What money are you talking about? I am almost done with getting Bolt (had Zap drop) and paid no money/gold for anything. Just waiting on more clovers actually and since I don’t like “playing” the Mystic Toilet I am just waiting on one more monthly chest.
As for the “new” ones with the expansion, I am already collecting things just by playing the game. No rushing, grinding or buying off the TP needed as I don’t need any legendary to play. For me they are just cosmetic.

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

What money are you talking about? I am almost done with getting Bolt (had Zap drop) and paid no money/gold for anything. Just waiting on more clovers actually and since I don’t like “playing” the Mystic Toilet I am just waiting on one more monthly chest.
As for the “new” ones with the expansion, I am already collecting things just by playing the game. No rushing, grinding or buying off the TP needed as I don’t need any legendary to play. For me they are just cosmetic.

Do your PvP tracks, they offer clovers.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If one’ s primary goal is Legendary crafting (Old or new – unsure yet), which chest of loyalty option is best?

Obviously the Ascended box is out the window, as are the 6 Tomes, since 6 spirit shards is paltry.

So it’s between Legendary mats, which seems like it’d be the obvious winner based on name, or 20 Laurels.

But it looks like Mystic Clovers might not be used in the HoT Legendaries? (At least, the Wiki didn’t seem to think so, or it didn’t include information on the new part that would use them). 20 Laurels can at least convert into more Obsidian shards for either Legendary batch.

What’s the word on this?

• Laurels are my consistent recommendation since they are the only item on the list that cannot be obtained easily. Current value is ~13-14 gold. (20 laurels * .65g/laurel via heavy crafting bags)
  • The ascended chest is competitive in terms of value (min 8g, max 22g, i.e. better today if you get two items, worse if you get one). However, that is because ascended mats are at a premium due to HoT’s disruption of the markets, so I think it only applies if (a) you plan on using the mats soon and (b) time-gating has locked you out from creating your own quickly enough.
  • The legendary chest is a weak choice because it’s easy to roll for clovers, obsidian is available via multiple sources.
  • The experience chest is a poor choice, since there are so many other ways to level up, there are many other sources of spirit shards, and it cannot be used to progress masteries.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”