Chests and rewards in general

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Ok so this is my opinion on the boss chests.
First of all, the lower level boss chests and dragon chests have been improved since the wintersday patch. With the shatterer i actually get my drops scaled up to 80 wich is nice, same for tequatl. Most of the dragons now drop rares fairly often, so it’s actually worth going for them.

The Orr chests however are another thing. From a zone like curshed shore, wich is an endgame zone, i expect more then blues and a few greens from doing 3 events (gates of arah, grenth and melandru. People need to be given a reason to do these events. Maybe one garenteed rare item or anything, but right now getting useless stuff all the time is really a pity.

I’m not saying take RNG away, but the percentage of chance for most loot is really to rare, especially when compared to fractals.

1 hour in fractals= 4-5 rares, one hour in orr= 1 rare if lucky.
1 hour in an explorable dungeon other then fractals= a waste of time except if you want something for the tokens or if you are very lucky get a lodestone

What i would do:

-give each dungeon a way to buy lodestones with tokens
-up chances of rares from orr chests, and make chests have chance to have regular drops of lodestones.
-make ascended gear drops possible from other sources then fractals, aka orr chests, dungeon chests, dragon chests
-keep RNG but put in more reliable systems for a more guaranteed rewarding experience

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

The problem with chests is that if they’re buffed, bots will just farm chests…

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

so in short, everything that bots can do is also ripped from normal players…

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Not necessarily – they could make ’em a once per 24 hrs to the buffed chests, for example (not to mention get some computer security to require players use the actual client instead of the enhanced ones…)

I don’t see it as a great enhancement to the game that the gold sellers farm fractals instead of DEs. What’s the advantage – out of sight out of mind? /shrug

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

so in short, everything that bots can do is also ripped from normal players…

This. They are letting bots control the loot.
I don’t get how they can have so much trouble banning bots in the first place. They could hire a single guy to check out zones that are heavily farmed by bots, whisper the suspected players. If they don’t answer, but keep on moving around and killing stuff, then whisper a warning “this is a GM speaking to you. If you don’t reply then you’re getting a 3 day ban for using 3rd party software. If it continues, then you’re permanently banned.”

See how easy that was? I could swipe the game from bots pretty darn fast. It’s not like it’s a crowded game anyway, they should be pretty fast to get a hold of.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Not necessarily – they could make ’em a once per 24 hrs to the buffed chests, for example (not to mention get some computer security to require players use the actual client instead of the enhanced ones…)

I don’t see it as a great enhancement to the game that the gold sellers farm fractals instead of DEs. What’s the advantage – out of sight out of mind? /shrug

Except that fractals are a whole lot more difficult to bot, provided they do not have means to exploit them somehow. Bots usually do the “monkey work” farming stuff, that involves little to to coordination or gameplay.
So if you restrict the really good loot to say, level 20 fractals, I’d be assume that you effectively kept bots out of it, as I’m pretty sure those are not bottable.

edit: Actually, I would in fact appreciate such a setup, especially with the bots around. Because then, the decent players could do their fractals and trade their goods (which should still be in tight supply, and thus expensive) for the inflated (and thus, cheaply available) amounts of botted goods that flood the market.

It would be a serious letdown for the casuals that don’t want to farm like a bot and can’t handle fractals like a pro, but at least it would entice them to improve their play to partake in the fractals thing.

(edited by wintermute.4096)

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

It would be a serious letdown for the casuals that don’t want to farm like a bot and can’t handle fractals like a pro, but at least it would entice them to improve their play to partake in the fractals thing.

what about players who just don’t enjoy certain aspects of the game?

There was a lot talk about “no grind”, “not pushing people towards things they may not enjoy” and such. What happened to it?

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

The problem with that is its collective punishment.

Its like saying ok some one in Oregon is smoking pot lets nuke the state to be sure we get him.

If bots are breaking the rules punish the bots not the players.

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

1 hour in CoF, CoE, HotW or any other dungeon that offers lvl 68+ rare armor pieces for 30 tokens isn’t a waste of time (assuming you can do at least one path per hour). You’re guaranteed 2 rares that you can salvage (unless they fixed this) on top of drops…. you also get a lot more coin than in fractals; fractals just has better loot potential.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

1 hour in CoF, CoE, HotW or any other dungeon that offers lvl 68+ rare armor pieces for 30 tokens isn’t a waste of time (assuming you can do at least one path per hour). You’re guaranteed 2 rares that you can salvage (unless they fixed this) on top of drops…. you also get a lot more coin than in fractals; fractals just has better loot potential.

one rare/hour is a waste of time

i feel an extreme lack in getting anything at all. Nothing is rewarding, even fractals is not bringing in so much tbh. And in the same time all drops are being nerfed to the ground.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Chest loot has been very lousy for me since pre-launch I have gotten 1 exotic from a chest, 10 overall from random things, and about 10 rares from chest, and don’t get me started on Jormag, kitten and Tequ I gave up on them weeks ago, 1 rare for the 75-100x’s I have done each of them. I am 1 of the many who were not blessed with one of the “elite” accounts that gets stuff, crafting and event farming is my consistent source of income.

Sadly I missed the Fractals boat, got up to level 3, didn’t care for it much and enjoy the other dungeons alot more as well as wvwvw, now its very rare I see groups for lvl 3 Fractals and when I do we never get enough to complete a group, whats even more sad is it seems Anet put ALL the loot, higher drop rates, and gold making opportunities into fractals and ignored the rest of the world, but that is a whole other rant and hope they change those things soon.

I am OK with being one of the unluckys that the Rng system is programmed to dislike and not get drops to often, being like others who are working towards their legendary I would greatly appreciate a non-rng type system in getting the components needed to complete the task, 1 lodestone cost 50k karma so be it but at least we know in time it is actually obtainable.