Chests spit out same trash as before...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I just knew that when they went to splitting the one gold a day from the chest, that the additional chances for rares were as dismal as before, sure enough, additional chests yield garbage as before. Why did they have to remove the increased % chance of getting rares from the original chest? Now there is virtually zero chance of getting more than one gold per chest per day. As usual, they have managed to nerf / ruin a good thing, so really I am not at all surprised. The only good thing this patch offered me is that, now I can finally hear my chainsaw again, because it was mega-nerfed last time.
With this game, it’s best to expect disappointment, that way, it doesn’t come as that great of a shock!

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

Am sorry i have no idea what you are talking about open 7 chests today and got a total of 16 rares not including the 100% chance ones

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

They gave plenty of warning they were changing the way chests dropped. They explicitly said that after this patch, you would get one chest per account per day per dragon that had a guaranteed rare. Everything else was back to being random, with a chance of further rares but no guarantee.

You’re complaining about something they announced weeks ago.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

IMO they balanced it after they let it compensate the prior situation a little, but of course I wasn’t bugged out and have been getting acceptable drops since day 1.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Each mega boss now spawns two chests. The original large chest as well as a smaller one. The smaller one will only spawn once per day per mega boss for your account.

The normal large chest went back to the old drop rates. The new smaller one has the guaranteed rare.

So effectively your account can get one guaranteed rare from each boss per day.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Effectively you can get one guaranteed rare per boss per day would be more accurate wouldn’t it?

Assuming the normal chest RNG doesn’t come out in your favour and reward you well correct?

I admit I could be off my game today a little and missing something.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

The normal chest droprate was not nerfed.
This is another x-files level conspiracy theory.

(…here’s hoping I don’t have to explain what I did there)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I just knew that when they went to splitting the one gold a day from the chest, that the additional chances for rares were as dismal as before, sure enough, additional chests yield garbage as before. Why did they have to remove the increased % chance of getting rares from the original chest? Now there is virtually zero chance of getting more than one gold per chest per day. As usual, they have managed to nerf / ruin a good thing, so really I am not at all surprised. The only good thing this patch offered me is that, now I can finally hear my chainsaw again, because it was mega-nerfed last time.
With this game, it’s best to expect disappointment, that way, it doesn’t come as that great of a shock!

So your sample size is…..1, 2, 3 maybe 5 boss chests since the patch
We get it – you had a bad RNG.. get over it and move on.. self entiltement doesnt work well in MMO’s.. increased chance does not mean you guarantee yourself anything, its still just a roll of the dice. As for doing away with the ridiculous loot drop change from boiss events, im all peachy on it … now players might have to go find something else to do rather than camping dragon events over and over for their Ecto supplements