Chill out! Its just a game and...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

its Free!!
Well for $60 that is all and its Free!
This thread is for those who are about to leave or already left and just browsing up forums. Dont go please. Come back! Why? Read on…

To those who are into Ascended Gear. Thumbs up! Go on.. Keep grinding till Kingdom Come for all i care lol!

To those who are against Ascended Gear, Hey! Have Fun! How?
Alright.. this is for WvWvW mainly.
Since its officially a Gear Stats game (more stats to be introduced in future contents) already, here is an idea.
1 – Get Naked
2 – Port to WvWvW
3 – Charge-in the zerg in numbers of Nakedness.
4 – Died horribly against Ascended Gear opponents.
5 – Repair? Nah…
6 – Do it again and again. Yes!
7 – People irritated you? Good. Jump on their server. Or Stay in their server.
8 – Rinse and Repeat.

Well if you cant beat the system.
Just have fun as its not Compatitive Gameplay no more isnt it.

Hey im playing the game am i? Am i doing anything wrong? No!
And im having fun? O Hell Yeah!!
I LOVE GW2!! cause its Free!! Free to do anything thats not against T&C of the game too isnt it.
And for those who jump in WvWvW with their awesome Ascended Gear just pray that the Naked Squad of Oompa Loompa Land are not on your server! In other words keep out of WvWvW with your Ascended Gear cause most probably you wont get points with us around lol!

Alright back to my other 2 srs Mmos. I bb later for more fun guys! Later all

• Pro tip: Create a level 1 toon – Hit WvWvW. Tadaaaa!
    Dont forget the Nakedness! and its Free! Nope no subs.

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

Posted by: Leonard.2867

Leonard.2867

http://co.91.com/

This game is free too, give it a try. After 1 week, come back and tell me how much you hated it and its business model.

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

I like the spirit of your post. Have fun, and forget the silly politics.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

its Free!!
Well for $60 that is all and its Free!
This thread is for those who are about to leave or already left and just browsing up forums. Dont go please. Come back! Why? Read on…

To those who are into Ascended Gear. Thumbs up! Go on.. Keep grinding till Kingdom Come for all i care lol!

To those who are against Ascended Gear, Hey! Have Fun! How?
Alright.. this is for WvWvW mainly.
Since its officially a Gear Stats game (more stats to be introduced in future contents) already, here is an idea.
1 – Get Naked
2 – Port to WvWvW
3 – Charge-in the zerg in numbers of Nakedness.
4 – Died horribly against Ascended Gear opponents.
5 – Repair? Nah…
6 – Do it again and again. Yes!
7 – People irritated you? Good. Jump on their server. Or Stay in their server.
8 – Rinse and Repeat.

Well if you cant beat the system.
Just have fun as its not Compatitive Gameplay no more isnt it.

Hey im playing the game am i? Am i doing anything wrong? No!
And im having fun? O Hell Yeah!!
I LOVE GW2!! cause its Free!! Free to do anything thats not against T&C of the game too isnt it.
And for those who jump in WvWvW with their awesome Ascended Gear just pray that the Naked Squad of Oompa Loompa Land are not on your server! In other words keep out of WvWvW with your Ascended Gear cause most probably you wont get points with us around lol!

Alright back to my other 2 srs Mmos. I bb later for more fun guys! Later all

• Pro tip: Create a level 1 toon – Hit WvWvW. Tadaaaa!
    Dont forget the Nakedness! and its Free! Nope no subs.

Hehe thats the spirit soldier nakedness!!!

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

Lol, good idea. I’m going to see if my guild wants to do that. We are the worst WvW server, might as well spend our time in there doing something fun!

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

I don’t know if you’re trolling or not with the part about getting naked in WvW. Anyway, there are tons of things to do besides trying to get the best gear. There are still the mini-dungeons, jumping puzzles, modus secleris (wherever they are), the treasure skritt (only found it once), and lots of other things.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I approve of this post.

People seem to have a natural inclination to focus of the bad, and forget that they can still have fun.

But now you mention it…

If all the hardcore WvW’s are complaining they need the gear to stay competitive, doesn’t that mean that no-one’s going to get it if they don’t like doing the Fractals?

And even if they do, 1) people on other servers also get it and 2) how much difference would a few people having this gear make?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This game is free too, give it a try. After 1 week, come back and tell me how much you hated it and its business model.

Oooh, hmmm.

You know what free game is awesome and has a really good business model? Nethack. Not much in the way of grind or farm unless you really want to, and it runs on just about anything. Heck it runs on some smartphones, just fine. But it is massively challenging.

Also, OP, I like your spirit but can we come up with a way that isn’t going to annoy people while hurting your server’s chances? Like roleplaying? Stage a production of a play in town clothing somewhere mostly safe where people can see it. Organize a storyline and recruit bored people on your server to play it out in a way which resembles dynamic events. Get a small group of friends to make Charr characters of a class they like and make a warband-guild roaming Ascalon stomping out enemies.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Player-run dynamic event sounds awesome, whatever the cause. Especially if we get to use our town clothes while doing it!

Posted by: Gliss.9713

Gliss.9713

My guild already does this in a way. We have a weekly quaggan raid. People farm the quaggan potions and then invade WvW as a horde of aquatic cuteness.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

althought i havent seen any kind of ascended gear but a miserable ring

however i role like this the whole time in wvwvw, because in this way i can maximize my gold income.

the more naked you are…the stronger you become.

Attachments:

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

:p sounds like a great protest!

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Bodycult.4516

Bodycult.4516

A whole guild was doing that in another game I played, they were very funny xD. Even naked, the owned the server for quite long.

Their guild name was: Real_Man_Pk_Naked

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

Yeah it’s just a game and it’s cool to be just silly and enjoy yourself. I agree with this sentiment.

However I appreciate the efforts of those that keep tabs on the promises of developers of games and hold them to their word. It’s dirty work but someone has to do it, just like those consumer advocate groups and even civil liberties watchdogs.

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

The oh-so-common ’it’s just a game, have fun!’ mentality just reeks of apathy. ‘A game’ still took millions of dollars and thousands of man-hours to create. It still holds the hopes and dreams of equally numerous supporters, developers and players. ‘A game’ can be a hobby or a passion for a person, and for people who actually appreciate that passion, it’s very much worth arguing about problems.

No, it’s not just a game. It’s a game.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The oh-so-common ’it’s just a game, have fun!’ mentality just reeks of apathy. ‘A game’ still took millions of dollars and thousands of man-hours to create. It still holds the hopes and dreams of equally numerous supporters, developers and players. ‘A game’ can be a hobby or a passion for a person, and for people who actually appreciate that passion, it’s very much worth arguing about problems.

No, it’s not just a game. It’s a game.

. . . funny, though, and I’m glad you brought this up. It did take that much effort and time to create. There were human beings who poured years into developing this, and it’s perfectly fine for people to get fired. For a company to go under. For all sorts of various other things which were said in game which I won’t repeat here because they are the FAR side of being permissible to say in public, let alone on the company’s own forum.

I pointed out on a thread asking for at least politeness if not respect towards the employees, there is no reason to treat them as undeserving of even basic courtesies.

“It’s just a game, have fun!” from me isn’t apathy, it’s a shortened form of this:

“It’s just a game. It’s an excuse to stop your troubles outside the computer screen for some time while you get a chance to relax and do stuff. It’s a nice world in Tyria, despite the fact the Risen keep drooling all over everything. This place is meant to be entertaining, and interesting, and possibly more than that. If you’re not having fun with what the game is giving you, then you can do a couple things.

You can grind your teeth about it, complain under your breath and keep moving because you want to finish the task you chose. Then you quit and come back to it again another time, or don’t . . . the game doesn’t care, it doesn’t have feelings, it’s not out to spite you. It’s a game.

Or . . . you invent a way to enjoy yourself. Be creative. Do something unusual. Sit down and chatter with your friends. Hook a couple people together who seem good and go out and do something for an hour. Go smack Blingg upside the head for his annoyingly loud voice. Dye your gear without using the same color twice, and try to make the ugliest thing ever. Start a chorus line. Shadow someone in the starting zones cheering them on. Screenshot something and make a postcard, “Welcome to Southsun Cove, don’t feed the crabs”.

It’s just a game. If you’re not having fun, then make it fun."

Or, you know, you can quit it in disgust and find something else to hold your interest. That’s always an option, I’d just rather people didn’t. I need minions for when I eventually take over Rurikton and replace the name on his statue to “Prince Leeroy”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

^This.
GW2 is far from being free after buying the box. At least the non-annoying GW2. Of course, I’ve never bought a single gem but they are so wasting my game…

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

My guild already does this in a way. We have a weekly quaggan raid. People farm the quaggan potions and then invade WvW as a horde of aquatic cuteness.

Man i thought I am Evil! lol!
Alright its time for the Master Plan!
The Dolyaks of Zaitan!!

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

Dye your gear without using the same color twice, and try to make the ugliest thing ever.

I have somebody in my guild that does something like that. He uses many different bright colors that do not belong together. So ugly and hard to look at.

Guild contests are fun too. So far I have done a jumping puzzle one, and a screenshot one during the Halloween event.

hmmm….I think I just thought of my next screenshot contest. The Ugliest Costume Screenshot contest. It will be….wait for it….LEGENDARY

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

Dye your gear without using the same color twice, and try to make the ugliest thing ever.

I actually did this on my Guardian once – a Norn Male no less, so extra big character model.

lol

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer