China vs EU/US who comes first in Anets eyes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

So what IF the reason things are always being put on the back burner is because Anet is catering to China? Think about it. If they are just starting out, like we did, then they have a lot of content headed there way. Living stories arnt even around yet. (Right?) It’s kinda like being ignored by a waiter in a low populated restaurant. Or being the first child who gets ignored by parents cause they just had a second.

I also saw that NCsoft had some huge layoffs…….except anet was the only one who didn’t, so they’re not hurting for cash. China must have gave them a huge shot in the arm. Therefore, what if china does start to get better, and more content before us just because players are paying more?

What if China is actually doing really really bad? And Anet is struggling to keep it a float over there all while tossing US/EU a bone every now and then. (Talk of guild halls/Raids)

Who does anet care about more? They’re new Chinese players or they’re EU/US loyals?

These are just some of my theories as to why things arnt moving here. I don’t know enough about China’s version to state facts, nor confirm these theories.

(edited by TheFool.4589)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I thought this was going to be about the World Tournament Series going to be held in Beijing between US, EU and China.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-global-tournament-series/

TheFool.4589

I thought this was going to be about the World Tournament Series going to be held in Beijing between US, EU and China.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-global-tournament-series/

Well…..I didn’t see that. I’ll change the topic then.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

If the Chinese localization is anything like MMO localizations, ANet isn’t actually directly involved in GW2 China. Kongzhong is in charge of taking the updates that ANet makes for NA/EU and translating it to apply to the Chinese version.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Good name, fits the thread well.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ideally for ANet is to make both EU/NA and China content be the same. Ex, if LA is destroyed in EU/NA, it’s also destroyed in China…call it synchronization. This way..any update they do for one zone, it automatically applies to the other 2.

This way no one wins or looses. It’s the same for everyone.

I dunno in what situation China is atm content wise…like LA being destroyed..or scarlet or whatever. For them to make it like on NA/EU would mean to skip/sacrifice S1 or make it extremely short in order for China to catch up to NA/EU content wise.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Is there any question? China for sure.

EU/US are old news now. We aren’t spending enough.

TheFool.4589

Ideally for ANet is to make both EU/NA and China content be the same. Ex, if LA is destroyed in EU/NA, it’s also destroyed in China…call it synchronization. This way..any update they do for one zone, it automatically applies to the other 2.

This way no one wins or looses. It’s the same for everyone.

I dunno in what situation China is atm content wise…like LA being destroyed..or scarlet or whatever. For them to make it like on NA/EU would mean to skip/sacrifice S1 or make it extremely short in order for China to catch up to NA/EU content wise.

But they also have to change the content to suit the publishers wants. If they are rushing things to catch up to us, it would be nice because then we would all be on the same page of the same book.
But, if they’re taking their time or forced to wait, why would they bother with content over here if they’re trying to get caught up in China?That just makes more work for them.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Faulty premise, Anet doesn’t work directly on the Chinese version of the game.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yes they are. All releases are now synchronised.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Ofc China, they dropped EU/US long ago. Also this thread probably wont survive long. “You know what company I mean” doesnt like it when we are talking about these things.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Of course they do. KongZhong is only managing it, they are not developing it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Whichever produces more revenue — you have to put your resources where the money is, or into whatever will provide the greatest RoI (Return on Investment)

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Hmmm…
If future updates are going to be directed mostly toward China version, then I can only ask Anet to release GW2 in South Korea and go full time Korean Grind Style.
Exactly what NCSoft is best at.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

This is an NCSoft game. NCSoft is in charge. Monetization is the goal, profits are the reason. Arenanet is only building the world, trying to balance players demands with profit driven motives of a large, multinational company, who’s major stockholder is one of the most egregious FtP game publishers. An expansion into the worlds largest market (whose potential playerbase is larger than all of WoW’s 11 million players) means we have to enjoy the ride.