Chinese Gold Farmers.

Chinese Gold Farmers.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I am in no way in any shape or form promoting illegal off site gold buying, it is against ArenaNets terms of service and you WILL be caught and banned.

This thread is mainly for curiosity reasons. Which I will write.

Has anyone ever received in-game mail by random people who send you site links and offer vast amounts of gold for real currency? I have been getting them at least once a week.

On top of that, 2 days ago someone from Shanghai China attempted to log me in.
I am starting to think that the mail they send you in game, is some type of malware or phising program.

Lions Arch, there was someone who said he bought twilight for 400$ USD off of some website that gave him gold. Obviously I reported him because he broke ArenaNets rules.

I want to know how do these people get their gold, do they hack others and sell the stuff to people? This thread is to rise awareness and to prevent such attacks ever happening to the community.

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

There is no way for them to send you malware/viruses through the game’s messaging system. You had to either download it from somewhere else or your password sucks (and was an easy guess).

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

This thread isn’t really about chinese gold sellers

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: heihade.8206

heihade.8206

they just have a good farming place and they use botting to farm the place with 5 chars

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

IMPORTANT READ THIS: I am in no way in any shape or form promoting illegal off site gold buying, it is against ArenaNets terms of service and you WILL be caught and banned.

This thread is mainly for curiosity reasons. Which I will write.

Has anyone ever received in-game mail by random people who send you site links and offer vast amounts of gold for real currency? I have been getting them at least once a week.

On top of that, 2 days ago someone from Shanghai China attempted to log me in.
I am starting to think that the mail they send you in game, is some type of malware or phising program.

Lions Arch, there was someone who said he bought twilight for 400$ USD off of some website that gave him gold. Obviously I reported him because he broke ArenaNets rules.

I want to know how do these people get their gold, do they hack others and sell the stuff to people? This thread is to rise awareness and to prevent such attacks ever happening to the community.

Google mate – currency selling in MMOs is old as MMOs and is well documented, better than you will get from most people here.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

They hack accounts to get the gold. The days of farming for gold are over so you should change the title to chinese gold hacking. Hacking is much more profitable and easier.

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Had a nice bunch of Chinese gold farmers in daoc. They always came to Rez us when we wiped and practiced their English with us.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Chinese Gold Farmers.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

A lot of people don’t know that the Chinese people want friends on the outside. Government can be a kitten.

Had a nice bunch of Chinese gold farmers in daoc. They always came to Rez us when we wiped and practiced their English with us.