Chinese back skins

Chinese back skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShigsZ.3761

ShigsZ.3761

http://imgur.com/a/e4D2e

Does anyone know if these skins are accessible on the CN version of the game? And if so why are they not available on the NA/EU version?

Chocobo Knights [CK]

•` _ ´• /

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

OOoeee, those are some unattractive back skins! If they are available in the CN client (it does say China-exclusive), maybe they got some skins to make up for all the back pieces we have available (from past LS, festivals, etc.) that they have no access to. It’s not like they can buy them off the TP or anything.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I honestly don’t like them. Even if they were implemented here, i would definitely not get any of them.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Those are quite ugly lol.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

They’re all so.. useful looking.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Oh kitten I logged in just for this….

Do you see that those back skins each correspond to a crafting profession?

I making an guess here but I bet those exclusive “China-only” back pieces allow them to craft anywhere in the world.

Devona’s Rest

Chinese back skins

Posted by: RagNoRawk.3625

RagNoRawk.3625

I actually liked the backpack with the bearskin draped on it. Would look sick on my asuran.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Some of those are way cooler than the weird tentacle/spore/wings we have, I mean they’re actually backpacks with stuff! I’d like to see those over here as well, just so that we have the choice.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

Does anyone know if these skins are accessible on the CN version of the game?

They can be crafted by the different professions, here are the recipes for the Tailor ones: http://imgur.com/a/7cmzn

I making an guess here but I bet those exclusive “China-only” back pieces allow them to craft anywhere in the world.

They are normal back items without any additional features

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Chinese back skins

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I want them so much…..especially that bear one!

Chinese back skins

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I am happy as long as ANET doesn’t put VIP system in GW2. You, the one who read this, THIS IS NOT SUGGESTION TO BE REALIZED!!!!

And of course, give us these backpacks

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

No battle harnesses with weapon holsters?

Yeah, quite unattractive stuff…

But then again, there’s that ridiculous chinese law against free entertainment…
Obviously to enforce some positive image to outside world…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I would like these added to our version asap, more choice is good, and the models are already done \o/

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Chinese back skins

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I would like these added to our version asap, more choice is good, and the models are already done \o/

exactly. It costs them NOTHING to implement this in our version of game, and its pretty nice improvement.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I hope they bring these to our version of the game… Some of those would really suit my characters.
I personally dislike the big tentacle, giant backpack and so on backpieces. Some of these are a lot smaller and would be great to have.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

The last two pieces have an anvil hanging from them…

Teh Ouchies

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Same thing I was going to comment on. Who the heck wants an anvil on their back yo?! Lol….

Chinese back skins

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Same thing I was going to comment on. Who the heck wants an anvil on their back yo?! Lol….

Anime style hidden strength, once you drop the anvil, it causes a huge pillar of dust and rocks?

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Most backpacks have a crafters theme. You can easily tell there is tailor theme, Armorsmith theme, and the bear is clearly a leatherworker theme backpeice. Adding a crafting method of getting a backpiece is a GOOD idea. It just really late in the game for the NA version. Would be worth doing if they add ALL stats to these crafters backpieces.
Just rechecked the skins, 6 tiers of skins for each profession. Should be added to this version as well.

(edited by Shadowmoon.7986)

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Forget the anvils, it’s the ones with the lit forges that worry me.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m glad I don’t live in China. These backpieces are another reason to add to that list.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

OOoeee, those are some unattractive back skins! If they are available in the CN client (it does say China-exclusive), maybe they got some skins to make up for all the back pieces we have available (from past LS, festivals, etc.) that they have no access to. It’s not like they can buy them off the TP or anything.

Nope, if you look at the first pick of the wardrobe, you can see all the ones that we currently have available to us.
While some are pretty fugly, there are some that do look pretty interesting. hopefully they get added to for us (unless they’re more gemstore only skins…).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Chinese back skins

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I can see they are in the Bank/Crafting Wardrobe, but whether they are available in the CN client is another thing. I can’t say as I don’t play that version of the game.

We show some items in our wardrobe that are not available.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

I bet RPers would love to have such backpieces.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wow, that’s a lot of back pieces. China Devs apparently already made more of them than ours have in a year. And all they’ve ever made were back pieces.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Chinese back skins

Asuaka.1528

Well, I can see they are in the Bank/Crafting Wardrobe, but whether they are available in the CN client is another thing. I can’t say as I don’t play that version of the game.

We show some items in our wardrobe that are not available.

As mentioned above, they can be crafted by the different professions, here are the recipes for the Tailor ones: http://imgur.com/a/7cmzn

Chinese back skins

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Um..I don’t think those recipes will craft our festival and LS backpieces. But thanks for the pic. =)

Chinese back skins

Asuaka.1528

Those are the recipes for the six tailor back items. http://i.imgur.com/hL0ntfw.jpg

Chinese back skins

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed, which have nothing to do with the back-pieces we have received from Festivals or Living Story Meta rewards. Lol.

Which is what my post was about when responding to the post above. =) I must remember to quote, I guess.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

heh, there are korean exclusive weapons in GW1 and Anet never released them anywhere else, don’t hold your breath for this collection.
then again, this is the new Anet we’re talking about, the one that will probably ask 500 gems for 1 back piece.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

I like these a lot. What’s with people saying they’re unattractive? Not enough particle effects for you people?
I want the bear one the one, but the treasure chest and anvil are nice too.
A norn or a charr would probably use the anvil one the best.
People saying that they’re glad they aren’t in need to realize that more options is always a good thing and that responding in this way might screw over chances of someone else, like me, who would want these skins.
And I personally find these a lot more attractive then the multiple reskins of the holographic dragon wings.
Those wings are terrible.
It looks like actual effort was put into designing these new backpacks, and I sure as hell hope we get the option to craft them soon as well.

(edited by raahk.2786)

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

I like these a lot. What’s with people saying they’re unattractive? Not enough particle effects for you people?
People saying that they’re glad they aren’t in need to realize that more options is always a good thing and that responding in this way might screw over chances of someone else, like me, who would want these skins.
And I personally find these a lot more attractive then the multiple reskins of the holographic dragon wings.
It looks like actual effort was put into designing these new backpacks, and I sure as hell hope we get the option to craft them soon as well.

They’re the rather entitled sort who not only don’t want to use certain skins, but do not want to see others to use such skins for it offends them that much.

Chinese back skins

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t really see any posts asking to keep the skins out. Just some with the opinion that they were not attractive. I’m sure we are all allowed to voice our opinion on whether something is attractive or not. We all wouldn’t want it any other way.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

Wow, those are ugly. They also look very…flat. You can complain about the types of back skins we have, but you can’t really complain about ANet’s quality. Makes me glad I don’t live in China.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Meh… I would not want those anyways.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I like a few of them, hate region exclusive crap.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

In my opinion, they are all fairly unattractive, but I would still like them in game, just for the sake of variety.

Teh Ouchies

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Functional back items that look like actual backpacks? kitten that noise. This is GW2 son…

The bear one is pretty nice though. Would be interesting to see if we will ever get them and whether they would bother to be put in as craftable items as others have pointed out that they look like they would correspond well to specific disciplines.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why they get to craft back items while we cannot?

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

You want to wear a bookcase on your back? That’s what most of them look like. Out of the collection maybe 3 are “ok”. Instead of objecting to people expressing their opinion, you are free to share your own opinion….

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Fugly back skins.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

These actually fit in with the Asian culture more so than it would in Europe or NA. If you ever get a chance to see ancient chinese portraits of scholars from about 1000-1500 years ago you will see some carrying odd looking back packs that were fashioned out of a bamboo frame and cloth. They basically look like a laundry basket with a cover and were the standard carrying packs for herbalists, scholars and artisans. Harder wearing types made of reeds and woven grass were used by farmers, smiths and laborers to carry tools and implements. In Japan, travelling doctors were identified by the cube shaped wooden box.
Many of the more western styles are reminiscent of the old 17th-18th explorers who set out to discover Canada, the US or even the Arctic and Antarctic.
If GW2 had a more intricate merchant style of play then some of these back packs wouldn’t be so odd, but it doesn’t

That being said, the sorts of back items I would like to see would be more suitable to martial professions. We’ve already got quivers but why not one that shows paired swords? How about a bandoleer?

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Wow, these are really bad. They look like someone ripped furniture assets from a mid nineties era RPG and shopped them into a GW2 screen shot.

The walking mini bar with soda dispensers is funny though.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

my god, now all classes can have a hobosack, the horror O_O

Fix what you have before you build something new

Chinese back skins

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I remember someone posting pictures of these before. I don’t mind some of them. I’d love to see them in action before wanting them here, though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

mega ugly skins

Chinese back skins

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I think it’s funny that people are wanting these rather unattractive back pieces when in the Engi forum there is the longest thread running that would like those ugly things gone. This community is a strange place sometimes.

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

I think it’s funny that people are wanting these rather unattractive back pieces when in the Engi forum there is the longest thread running that would like those ugly things gone. This community is a strange place sometimes.

The community is not a hivemind. We all have our own opinions on matters, that’s why you see some people praise Scarlet as the best written villain from GW lore, and others feel she was a waste of Tara Strong’s time and talent.*

I, myself, would like these backpacks because more variety is always good.

As for the engineer thing, I don’t mind the kit backpacks, I would just love skill customization in PVE to allow for changing up their looks to either something more racially fitting (like maybe asura flame throwers involve crystals and blue fire with electrical sparks in it) or just things that fit other technological aesthetics in the game in general than the “hobo scrapper look”. (which does sort of fit since, as I understand, Engies are on the super cutting edge of Tyrian tech, beyond even stuff most of the charr legions produce, so most of the tech is pretty much garage kitted together.)

But, I’m just making wistful thoughts. Skill customization ranks right up there with special event gliders/personal flying machines, bringing back a reimagined Ritualist, and to be made head writer for the living story myself. (Who wants to deal with rogue Flame Legion cults who have decided to worship players in the story arc: It’s Tough to Be a God"?)

*Probably not a waste of her time though, I mean last I heard (back in 2012) veteran VA’s like Tara Strong can make up to $600 an hour for Videogame voice roles. Given how much dialogue Scarlet did get, multiple takes, she probably put in 36 to 40 hours of work total within the time frame she recorded Scarlet’s lines (which I assume was all done together), then there’s her misc. role as the Queen’s Gauntlet announcer. (I think VAs get extra checks per-role)

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Some of them look ok. But I seldom even show the back skins I got. I would prefer these to glowing wings any day though.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Chinese back skins

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Every backpiece in GW2 N/A version and these Chinese ones are hideous.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932