Chris Whiteside to leave Arenanet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

It’s bad to see someone in one of ArenaNet’s key positions leaving the game. Specially so close to the expansion release. I wonder if this is a sign of inner turmoil within the company.

Hey, if that satisfies you, then I’m sure Anet is hoping for more players like you rather than me.

I’m rather sure of that.

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

It seems to be coincidental to me that Chris is responsible for the Living World idea that took GW2 to a wrong direction, that is so wrong that the initial vision of the game was lost or thrown out the window.

Don’t flame me — it’s just my observation and I am more than likely wrong.

I dont know if HE was the one that decided on Living Story, it was probably a collaborative effort and decision amongst some high ups.

But, agreeing with you, Living Story in my humble opinion took GW2 into a wrong direction and ultimately away from my desire to play and spend money on the game.

The living world was fine imo, just the temporary aspect of it was a bad idea. It also wasted time and effort in development to make content that was basically scrapped gameplay wise after a period of time.

On this note, is Josh Foreman still with Anet? I hadn’t seen him around for a while and heard rumors of him not with Anet anymoar and it doesn’t say that on the wiki.

Eh… I think the actual story and all, albeit in little puny breadcrumbs, was OK. Nothing amazing but certainly not kittenomeone who is not currently playing the game, I am sort of screwed if I ever want to come back and see all of the Living Story stuff. I would have had to log in once during the duration of each chapter. This is sort of against their whole mantra of “play, take a break, come back and pick up where you left off! You wont miss a thing!” Yeah, BS.

Honestly, I am contemplating coming back for HoT, but I know I would have missed many many chapters of LS simply because I didnt log in and that greatly kittenes me off. Its the principle of the matter with me.

As far as Mr. Whitesides apparent departure: Whether or not you are/were the foreman of the Living Story idea that I disliked so much, I wish you well. The hours you put into the CDI, whether or not one could see a lot of improvement in the game derived from CDI, you did pour your heart into Arenanet and I wish you well.

Meh. I thought LS1 which was less story and more big fights coordinated fights was much more fun than LS2 which was a lot of story but the fights are just so so in my opinion…

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Does something have to have gone wrong for him to leave?

I mean, I’m looking at leaving my job at the moment and it’s not really anything to do with the job, certainly not the work I’m doing currently or have done in the last few months. I’d be a bit freaked out if once I hand in my notice our clients started speculating on which of my projects caused me to leave and whether I was angry about it or forced out.

Not necessarily. Based solely in my observation, he is a strong supporter of Living World and now that ArenaNet (or maybe NCSoft) decided that they will be releasing expansions, he probably didn’t want to support that decision.

For example, when two companies merge, there will be employees that do not support that decision and consequently leave their jobs. So in my opinion, based on his support in Living World, he might have decided that he wants to work for a company with the same vision as his.

If they were doing away with LW completely, I could see him taking that stance. However, recent interviews with Colin from PAX make it sound like they are planning on doing both. Using LS to lead up to / set the stage for the expansions. As a medium for ‘continued’ content between expansion chunks. So… who knows.

That’s how other games are doing it but never calls it “Living World”. I remember prior to the Lich King expansion, Naxx was traveling across the whole map causing chaos where ever it goes. That kind of event doesn’t have to be a “Living World”.

Anyway, IMO, the expansion is a step towards the right direction — where it should have gone in the first place.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

Mr. Whiteside – Best of luck on your future endeavors. Heartfelt thanks for all your contributions; you made GW2 a better place.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

You people defending Living Story have bought the cool aid, plain and simple.

The Megaserver structure cunningly disguised how many people like me simple left the game for more interesting game play.

Bottom line is, the only thing this game has to show for after 3(?) years is two/threeish new maps, some ruins and 3 new fractals that the community had to fight tooth and claw to get added instead of outright deleted again like the rest of the content.

BY NOW we should already have the 2nd expansion, not waiting for the first probably till summer at the earliest.

I wish the guy luck but if he was the main inventor and driving force behind LS then good riddance.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Chris, I’m going to miss you. Good luck wherever you end up.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It seems to be coincidental to me that Chris is responsible for the Living World idea that took GW2 to a wrong direction, that is so wrong that the initial vision of the game was lost or thrown out the window.

The living world was a vision they had prior to release. It was just an idea back then however and didn’t have a name. When events were revealed, they talked about keeping the world fresh by adding or removing them over time.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I hope they give up with the living story.. and make something fun to PLAY , cause there are a lot of series and movies we can watch if we wanted to read or see storys

That’s the thing, the only problem with living story is that it was very dumbed down and one dimentional.

There’s no reason it shoulnd’t have PVP addition aspects, or WvW, or Fractal/dungeon (which it did have first season).

Having storyline adds immersion, that doesn’t mean it needs to abandon the idea of replay value and diverse content.

I really hope they do better in season 3 and give us more diverse opportunities as well as more challenging content.

I would not call the living story(world) up till this point bad, it is just a little lacking, I know they can do better, I just hope they know too. It’s a good idea to have a consistent addition to content, they just need to get away from keeping it all about open world and solo instances.

Posted by: Teladis.1309

Teladis.1309

Living story is the reason why I got this game and so did my family. (even though we don’t like that we missed a good chunk, and we got to pay extra to get the whole season 2 thing.)

In a game that is base off not grinding gear or having a cookie to chase, Having updates of story is what made me kitten, that seems fun, log on farm a little, do some pvp, and wait for the event story to happen.

It is a amazing idea, and if it can be pulled off right and in a fun way, Living story is or could be amazing.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I hope they give up with the living story.. and make something fun to PLAY , cause there are a lot of series and movies we can watch if we wanted to read or see storys

That’s the thing, the only problem with living story is that it was very dumbed down and one dimentional.

There’s no reason it shoulnd’t have PVP addition aspects, or WvW, or Fractal/dungeon (which it did have first season).

Yes there is a reason.
Man power and time to code, play test, debug, play test while debugging until it´s gorram almost ready, but hellooo deadline. Guess it´s ready.

The teams that were occupied during the whole LS could´ve comfortably cranked out a whole finely fleshed out expansion that would´ve told a perfectly interesting storyline.
JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL GAME DOES.

Or worked on the China launch, or really revamped PvP, or frikken cured cancer for all we know.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

A shame he is going away. He seemed nice as a person, though I have to admit, I really didn’t like the concept of the living world and the CDIs -at least from what I’ve seen- didn’t make any impact whatsoever on the direct the game is going.

I guess you don’t mind the trait acquisition changes?

Wardrobe was also at least partially from a CDI.

There might have been other stuff but nothing really stands out in my mind.

Posted by: Teladis.1309

Teladis.1309

Yes there is a reason.
Man power and time to code, play test, debug, play test while debugging until it´s gorram almost ready, but hellooo deadline. Guess it´s ready.

The teams that were occupied during the whole LS could´ve comfortably cranked out a whole finely fleshed out expansion that would´ve told a perfectly interesting storyline.
JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL GAME DOES.

Or worked on the China launch, or really revamped PvP, or frikken cured cancer for all we know.

I don’t think that is true in a sense.

No matter how amazing a MMO is, it needs content, a steady amount of content to keep people wanting to come back for more. No matter how much better a MMO becomes, If people get bored waiting for content, or new stuff to pull them in. It spells trouble for the game itself.

Living world is a AMAZING idea, and it is end game content that could keep people coming back for more. To make it better, it is best to keep giving feedback on what the players want, and what they could have done to make it more fun. Even if it is repeating the same stuff over and over.

Living world is a huge selling point, just like the pvp is for many. I do hope they improve it..and keep doing it.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Had fun running around on patch day and talking on mumble about it chaotic as it was. I wish you well wherever life takes you.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

So with Chris leaving ANet, I wonder if he will continue to play the game?

And if so, what account will he be using, as he will probably no longer be able to use his old ANet account.
I would imagine that they can’t just turn off his ANet affiliation as that would invalidate his past forum red tag posts.

Even though we have yet to see them, thank you Chris for being the driving force behind the introduction of Guild Halls… well, except if they sux, then my friend, we will hunt you to the ends of Tyria.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

(insert Darth Vadar “Nooooooo” here)

Here you go: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

It’s funny, I was thinking just the other day that, considering how things have been going, particularly over the past year, and with the potential for massive disappointment seeming less like potential and more like reality with every new snippet of HoT info released, it might be time for someone at anet to go. To take on the role of sacrificial lamb. Scapegoat. Fall guy. I thought it might be someone higher up, but with a title like ‘Director of Design’, Mr. Whiteside certainly seems an appropriate candidate.

We can already see the results, right here in this thread: the notion that whatever was wrong, it was probably his fault. Now that he’s gone, maybe things will improve.

And if HoT flops, well, there you go.

Alternately, perhaps prolonged exposure to the forums forced him to flee, lest he lose his last few remaining sanity points.

Disclaimer: not even opinion, really, but rather mere conjecture, half-baked theory (bunnies!), idle rambling.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ Actually based on information around the web he left on his own accord rather than being fired, so that theory doesn’t really hold.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

After thinking a little about the matter this is great news!
The guy was responsible for LS. Guess who left company because of destroying his team for LS tragedy? Robert Hrouda! It’s time to take back what’s yours, come back and make this game good again!

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Is this the living world guy? So glad he’s leaving then.

Living world was a good idea, it was just badly executed. They’ve also sort of started learning how to do it well. I don’t like the idea that Living World will be abandoned (as then we have to wait for years between content and story), or the idea that someone new (who hasn’t learned from its mistakes) will step in.

I rather have bursty expansion every 2 years then poor living story content like we had it. I sure love SW and DryTop, but i see that as different part of game not as living story.
Living story was all except last season 2 episode 8 a failure. I really enjoyed last episode, but rest was just JUNK.

I simply don’t like the idea to give me a part of map every now and then. I would love to see that they say it we will give out content every 3 months, and i’m fine with that. If you don’t wish to deal with awesome hype and changes just stick to old expansion tradition. ( I liked GW1 expansions way more then GW2 expansions, regardless of HoT)

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I mean, I’m looking at leaving my job at the moment and it’s not really anything to do with the job, certainly not the work I’m doing currently or have done in the last few months. I’d be a bit freaked out if once I hand in my notice our clients started speculating on which of my projects caused me to leave and whether I was angry about it or forced out.

Not necessarily. Based solely in my observation, he is a strong supporter of Living World and now that ArenaNet (or maybe NCSoft) decided that they will be releasing expansions, he probably didn’t want to support that decision.

For example, when two companies merge, there will be employees that do not support that decision and consequently leave their jobs. So in my opinion, based on his support in Living World, he might have decided that he wants to work for a company with the same vision as his.

You… DO realize, that the entire point of the LS was to set up the world for the expansion? You ALSO realize that they’ve (anet) has stated that any future LIVING STORY would be limited to the expansion zones (ie need expac to do them)? I sincerely doubt he’s leaving because they’re doing an expansion. I mean, really, once the expac goes live, I would not be surprised if we saw the next LS episode open 2 months or so later.

Afterall, it’s not like anet decided to go “hai gaiz, heer’s nu content wit nu rice dat u ken play, but we wont giv u a (legitimate) rsn 2 want 2 b dere. Oh, bcuz its srsbznz, have a nu class 2 play.” Like other (should be) obvious games. Guild Wars 2 actually points players, via character interactions, torwards new areas.

edit: to those talking about gw1’s expansion(s), realize this, it only had one expansion.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Working on other online worlds sounds like maybe someone made an offer he couldn’t refuse.

At the very least that would mean someone though GW2 was doing well enough that it would be worth the money to hire away one of its leads.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Never did make his list of the top 10 changes CDI effected.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Why do all the good ones have to go.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Good lawdy, you all sound like the dude died. He moved onto other things with his career – it happens.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Sir Vincent III.1286

You… DO realize, that the entire point of the LS was to set up the world for the expansion?

Expansion talk was never part of the conversation until the Living World idea tanked. LS setting up for expansion only just happen this season. This expansion is nothing but future LS episodes they’ve planned to release every two week but decided to release them all at once.

For a long time, according to them, it’s either expac or LS — it was never LS leading to expac.

You ALSO realize that they’ve (anet) has stated that any future LIVING STORY would be limited to the expansion zones (ie need expac to do them)? I sincerely doubt he’s leaving because they’re doing an expansion. I mean, really, once the expac goes live, I would not be surprised if we saw the next LS episode open 2 months or so later.

You’re just making things up now. This is from NCSoft back in 2013;

“We are evaluating the performance of the game and deciding on when would be the best time to launch an expansion. But right now, our living story approach is very successful in keeping players engaged with new and exciting content. Launching boxed expansions are a great way to package content, but if we can do this on a more regular basis, something we’ve been doing since launch, it provides players with new content to explore and experience every time they log into the game.”

Afterall, it’s not like anet decided to go “hai gaiz, heer’s nu content wit nu rice dat u ken play, but we wont giv u a (legitimate) rsn 2 want 2 b dere. Oh, bcuz its srsbznz, have a nu class 2 play.” Like other (should be) obvious games. Guild Wars 2 actually points players, via character interactions, torwards new areas.

What a load of nonsense.

edit: to those talking about gw1’s expansion(s), realize this, it only had one expansion.

GW1 has 3 expansions but only 1 that they call “official”. Each standalone game continues the GW1 story line and ties them all together by the end of Nightfall. Storyline-wise, Factions and Nightfall are the expansions to GW1 and EotN is nothing but an extension to Flameseeker Prophesy — just like the Bonus Mission Pack.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You people defending Living Story have bought the cool aid, plain and simple.

The Megaserver structure cunningly disguised how many people like me simple left the game for more interesting game play.

Bottom line is, the only thing this game has to show for after 3(?) years is two/threeish new maps, some ruins and 3 new fractals that the community had to fight tooth and claw to get added instead of outright deleted again like the rest of the content.

BY NOW we should already have the 2nd expansion, not waiting for the first probably till summer at the earliest.

I wish the guy luck but if he was the main inventor and driving force behind LS then good riddance.

I’m wondering the same….

What did he contribute specifically? Was he responsible for the ongoing nerfs to PVE loot in open world? Did he single-handedly setup the draconian DR system? Did he help bring back the Pay to Progress model in this game which influenced the rest of the MMO’s out there?

If so than he’s on the lowest of the low pedestals just like Ghostcrawler in my book because many of the things that he helped dupe the fans into believing were okay have done a great disservice to not just this game but almost all of the MMOs that have released since 2012.

If not then I wish him well.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

the cdis worked with mostly his contribution and for those who think that everything discussed are in your probably wrong. as for communication looks like we wont be getting more chris was a bigest part of it

Many.8419

the cdis worked with mostly his contribution and for those who think that everything discussed are in your probably wrong. as for communication looks like we wont be getting more chris was a bigest part of it

excuse me but what was brought to the game directly from cdis? I remember coloured comm tags only. Was there anything substantial added from this? For me cdis always felt like wasted forum space and player time, you know, like trait threads.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

excuse me but what was brought to the game directly from cdis? I remember coloured comm tags only. Was there anything substantial added from this? For me cdis always felt like wasted forum space and player time, you know, like trait threads.

sadly he never had time to compile his list but i think someone else did it for him and it was pretty long though i dont remember many specifics

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Guhracie posted this just 10 hours ago, a fine preliminary list of what CDI’s brought us:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Impact-of-the-CDI/first#post4869867

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Working on other online worlds sounds like maybe someone made an offer he couldn’t refuse.

At the very least that would mean someone though GW2 was doing well enough that it would be worth the money to hire away one of its leads.

Aside the topic that Mr. Whiteside sounds like he is leaving… all of this thread is speculation.

What came to my mind first was the CDI…and then what came to mind was how he devoted weekends and off hours to entertaining our babble.

All speculation.

Heres more… maybe he wanted to spend more time with his family and less in a position where we(grumpy MMO players) harp on every letter they say (I am guilty of this).

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Sir Vincent III.1286

Guhracie posted this just 10 hours ago, a fine preliminary list of what CDI’s brought us:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Impact-of-the-CDI/first#post4869867

I think when players are talking about the impact of CDI, they don’t mean dye colors and home instances.

Let’s start with Ranger’s and Necro’s Pet AI.

Many.8419

This looks more like his personal feelings to the guy than professional list of CDI “achievements”. HoT must have been in production long before some of those discussions started and while it looks massive I don’t feel like it changed the direction of the game, only took away mods work to group players opinions in one place.

I can see you like the guy, dunno why but it’s not my problem. I just don’t feel like those long threads made anything important. We have no idea which of the implementions were made because of cdi and which were planned long ago and only by chance got in line with players’ ideas.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This looks more like his personal feelings to the guy than professional list of CDI “achievements”. HoT must have been in production long before some of those discussions started and while it looks massive I don’t feel like it changed the direction of the game, only took away mods work to group players opinions in one place.

I can see you like the guy, dunno why but it’s not my problem. I just don’t feel like those long threads made anything important. We have no idea which of the implementions were made because of cdi and which were planned long ago and only by chance got in line with players’ ideas.

I’ll echo the general idea of your post in that Arenanet must have had a lot of these ideas to begin with…when we voiced our suggestions via CDI, they put them into production.

And that isn’t even a positive thing to hang your hat on.

Example: The wardrobe. I called for this within month one of release as did other folks. It took 2+ years and a CDI to get this put in? Or the alternative (which is worse)…Arenanet didn’t have the creativity to think of this on their own and we had to do it for them?

I disagree with you saying that Mr. Whiteside’s CDIs were a waste. I think it gave us an outlet if we were mature enough. Whether or not any of it was used as an original thought, like you said, remains to be seen.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I think when players are talking about the impact of CDI, they don’t mean dye colors and home instances.

Lets start with Guild Halls
Challenging Organized content (rading)
Flying Mounts
No lvl + gear progresion
New WvWvW map that the community wanted
That all of these will be seen in the next x-pack

Now lets ask ourself , if they implanted a (1 hour debuff in all sieges) mechanic to counter the siege trollers in the WvWvW ?

I can squize my memory if you wish Sir …. or i can hit you with the glove

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’ll echo the general idea of your post in that Arenanet must have had a lot of these ideas to begin with…when we voiced our suggestions via CDI, they put them into production.

Example: The wardrobe. I called for this within month one of release as did other folks. It took 2+ years and a CDI to get this put in? Or the alternative (which is worse)…Arenanet didn’t have the creativity to think of this on their own and we had to do it for them?

I disagree with you saying that Mr. Whiteside’s CDIs were a waste. I think it gave us an outlet if we were mature enough. Whether or not any of it was used as an original thought, like you said, remains to be seen.

From a cynical point of view, the topics from the CDI were controlled and brought up by ArenaNet. So basically, before releasing a feature like the wardrobe in couple of months, they will talk about it in the CDI for a couple of months, so when it was finally released — lo and behold — the CDI works and Chris looks good. But the topics that was brought up by the players (i.e. Pet AI) was never come to fruition because it’s not something that they have in development or ready for release. I mean Pet AI was an issue even before the game’s release, it was the cause to delay the Ranger at the time.

As of right now, the Hero Panel still not defaulting to Equipment tab ever since the wardrobe was implemented…so another 2yrs and a CDI before that is fixed?

Sir Vincent III.1286

Lets start with Guild Halls

A lot of player were wondering why a GW2 has no Guild Hall or GvG that was a staple in GW1 — the addition to GH in HoT is not a CDI “achievement”.

Challenging Organized content (rading)
Flying Mounts
No lvl + gear progresion
New WvWvW map that the community wanted
That all of these will be seen in the next x-pack

Except for the “flying mount”, all those are already in the game. Nothing have changed pre- and post-CDI.

Now lets ask ourself , if they implanted a (1 hour debuff in all sieges) mechanic to counter the siege trollers in the WvWvW ?

I can squize my memory if you wish Sir …. or i can hit you with the glove

You’re not making any sense here. What exactly are you talking about? Are you asking me a question?

Killthehealersffs.8940

Have you seen the final product of what Guild Halls and what they can offer to your fellow team8s ? (that was the point of the cdi!@)
Or how the organized content works ?

Or actually have you seen the EXTRA WvWvW map that they releasing ? Based on the demand of the community that wanted something EXTRA than WvWvW + Eotm ?

Or they CDI Progresion (Vertical-Horizontal) that they let the community decide if they want more Tier grind ?

Or the WvWwVW Troll siege CDI and how to counter the problem ?

Bah …nvm this thread is not for this silly argument …

Many.8419

Have you seen the final product of what Guild Halls and what they can offer to your fellow team8s ? (that was the point of the cdi!@)
Or how the organized content works ?

Or actually have you seen the EXTRA WvWvW map that they releasing ? Based on the demand of the community that wanted something EXTRA than WvWvW + Eotm ?

Or they CDI Progresion (Vertical-Horizontal) that they let the community decide if they want more Tier grind ?

Or the WvWwVW Troll siege CDI and how to counter the problem ?

Bah …nvm this thread is not for this silly argument …

If they really cared about community opinions and not metrics, we would get NPE cdi before the terrible september patch.

And traits.

CDI seems like a clever marketing of already in-developement features.

Killthehealersffs.8940

CDI seems like a clever marketing of already in-developement features.

You right .
They have been making Guild Halls and the other parts since the game launched , but only recently they choosed to make an expansion as some ppl proclaimed ….

Not that from the start of the game they said to us that there are 4 teams that rotate and produce the Living Story and there are many other Teams that are working in ‘’secret projects’’ …..

But some God opon mens decifer their secret davinci code , that they choosed to make an x-pack this year …..

He even calculated that the Eotm was made in 4-5 months , so the new WvWwW map + Maguma Jungle was created in 6-8 ….

But i dont worry , there are many other threads that i can catch up with ppl ideas and discuss with them …..

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Many.8419

All the rumours and misinformation is anet’s fault. Don’t blame players making assumptions when devs say many words, but not very substantial.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Well if he Leaves I don’ t care. He didn’t anything good for ranger class. It’ s still broken after 3 years. So who simply cares if he Leaves or not

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

With all due respect this thread should be closed.

Killthehealersffs.8940

All the rumours and misinformation is anet’s fault. Don’t blame players making assumptions when devs say many words, but not very substantial.

He should not make assumptions and insist that they are true ….
And he should make it in other threads and not in a good bye thread …

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

From a cynical point of view, the topics from the CDI were controlled and brought up by ArenaNet. So basically, before releasing a feature like the wardrobe in couple of months, they will talk about it in the CDI for a couple of months, so when it was finally released — lo and behold — the CDI works and Chris looks good. But the topics that was brought up by the players (i.e. Pet AI) was never come to fruition because it’s not something that they have in development or ready for release. I mean Pet AI was an issue even before the game’s release, it was the cause to delay the Ranger at the time.

As of right now, the Hero Panel still not defaulting to Equipment tab ever since the wardrobe was implemented…so another 2yrs and a CDI before that is fixed?

Aw man….he got anet pegged now! Ohhhhh….!

The only thing that could counter this would be if there was a CDI mentioning how to choose topics for CDIs! That could seriously throw a wrench in the system!

Wait….
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Process-Evolution-2/first

Sir Vincent III.1286

The only thing that could counter this would be if there was a CDI mentioning how to choose topics for CDIs! That could seriously throw a wrench in the system!

Wait….

Note:
“The focus of the conversation of this topic is therefore on how to improve the CDI and is not about specific areas of the game or features.

Thanks.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Wait….

Note:
“The focus of the conversation of this topic is therefore on how to improve the CDI and is not about specific areas of the game or features.

Thanks.

double note:
1: We need to keep thread and post sizes more manageable. Should we put a limit on the word length of posts?
2: How are we going to chose topics moving forward, for example, by votes or by Anet choosing them etc?

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.